• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gold Brokers!

B

Birdseye

Just thought i would mention this article from the New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/17/ma...pagewanted=all

I seriously hope none of you guys are involved in this kind of 'farming'. And i can't believe that it is allowed to happen. It borders on slavery.

PS. Does anyone know who (edited out!), and her allias are? There is something real dodgey about them. Dressed the same in Dakwood armour, and with a the same Soul'weaver' sword.

B

Birdseye

Yeah, strange, it's just stopped for me as well!

Type in gold farming in the search box though.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just thought i would mention this article from the New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/17/ma...pagewanted=all

I seriously hope none of you guys are involved in this kind of 'farming'. And i can't believe that it is allowed to happen. It borders on slavery.

PS. Does anyone know who (edited out!), and her allias are? There is something real dodgey about them. Dressed the same in Dakwood armour, and with a the same Soul'weaver' sword.

PM me to confirm, but if you're talking about who I think you are, there's three of them and they do painted caves, ice dungeon etc. They used to do fel, but they don't anymore. Such a shame that I can't manage lurg and co all at once and have to run out :)

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You and i are a part of the problem Birdy! We are so lazy we dont want to go and kill spawn for gold. So what do we do...we buy it.

I have been a uo player for 8-9 years now most of the doing PvM. Now we (me & u birdy) are PvP and we no longer have an interest in PvM gold farming has become a chore. Its people like us that keep the system going. But to be fair we are helping feed the poor :gee:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is one in the Dojo lately as well. That char is there day and night, killing fan dancers and taking their gold. Won't respond when talking to of course ....

B

Birdseye

It may be classed as an illegal action, but i saw someone put quite a few bagballs down on the floor whilst they were in Fel Painted Caves, and then killed both of them.:lie:

But even then with those darkwood armours on, they were difficult to kill! :gee:

Apparently :owned:

Zero

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
could that be the longest article ever? im into this game and i couldnt even bother to read it all.

*not wanting to downplay the content*