• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

God this forum is boring now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love just how hard thenow tries. Imo instead of google translator giving him "parahead" it gave him "parabrain" this time.

I

iddqd

i reckon the thread should be *almost* no-holds-barred. the only non-allowed things being personal info (addresses, IP, names,) (though if someone is stupid enough to volunteer info about themselves WITHIN the thread, then its fair game) and pron (or worse) pictures.

i dont see what the problem is with accusing people of using hacks, 3rd party, etc - its a forum, who cares what people say about that, its completely unrelated to their actual account and completely unenforceable if it even is correct (which it usually isnt). i really dont see an issue with anything else either

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont see what the problem is with accusing people of using hacks, 3rd party, etc - its a forum, who cares what people say about that, its completely unrelated to their actual account and completely unenforceable if it even is correct (which it usually isnt). i really dont see an issue with anything else either
I never understood that one, on any other game you can accuse someone of hacking and most people will just lol @ you unless you provide evidence.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about you go back through all of the old pvp forums and check to see if there are any posts still up that are in breach of the ROC. Then PM me and tell me what you have done to clean it up.

Then I will make a decision on whether you have been doing your job as a mod or not or if you have just used this oportunity to blow your own trumpet just a little bit.

hahaha, absolutely smashT

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh? Am I taking this the wrong way? Your not flaming that post from Elwood?
I don't flame his posts, I deconstruct the utter lies, stupidity and delusion. However in that post I applauded him for actually posting something of worth, which has truth to it.

Hey Pet, How much are the dons going to lose by this weekend???
i say it will be a 2 goal defeat :p
Unfortunately, these are the games which the Essendon of new drop (see North a few weeks ago) as such I am not confident we will win, despite being in great form. I also think Ninthmond will win by a small margin.

F

Farscape

Farscape you say that you don't care what Pet says and that he will never get under your skin, that he is nothing but an angry tween.

Yet you reported posts! And on occasions even replied!

This makes no sense!

So either you're lying and people like Pet really do get under your skin or you report the posts or god forbid; reply, because you enjoy seeing them punished or having their efforts deleted. Doesn't that kind of make you as bad if not worse then Pet?

Perhaps you think you're being an E-Hero? Defending a minority which has itself spoken up FOR the return of the Thread which was so obviously insulting these innocent and vulnerable readers.

I am so confused :(

It's not our decision if the PvP thread returns or not (Although it should be) but there will be repercussions which ever way it goes.

My suggestion is this:

These forums (I believe so anyway) are more then capable of creating threads and forums which have restricted access.

Create a new PvP forum where participants need to request access to join.

Moderate it lightly. Allow UO related insults (attempt to mod the person attacks I guess) don't allow the discussion of 3rd party programs and cheats/exploits etc.

Have a terms and conditions of entry explaining what horrible and traumatic things the innocent public might be exposed to in the access request thread.
Sorry dain but i have not stated that at all? I think you are mixing up posts I only made several statements

D

dum3886

Why did u guys stop using the other forum? it had more posts in 2 weeks then this forum has in 3 months lol

P

Paradox_

'Mark my words pet, you wont see me after Christmas'

Nuff said.

P

Puffet of DP

Lol, i forgot about that, I used to laugh like a little school girl when you guys would reference that back to him.

I also agree that we need a pvp thread. I liked reading the pvp threads too, but it doesn't mean we still can't have one on another site. I just went through the old threads and found that there is one where you guys are posting still:

uopvper.com

I checked it out today, and there is a quite a few new posts in the past 2 days that are worth the read. From the looks of it, the AUPK guys stopped posting abruptly because they simply just got shutdown too easily by the SSO guys, i guess it's just like on Ultima - AUPK don't do nothing without numbers and a house (the house being the mods!).

E

Elwood

Nuff said.
Wow, I just had deja vu... Paradox replying to a post directed at Pet.... Good to see some things never change.

Was funny listening to heron the other night say to me on icq that you are by far the worst member of sso and that you won't play a mage because you are quote 'disgraceful' on one. You know you are bad when your own guildies bag the sh*t out of you.

Sucks to be you.

E

Elwood

Lol, i forgot about that, I used to laugh like a little school girl when you guys would reference that back to him.

I also agree that we need a pvp thread. I liked reading the pvp threads too, but it doesn't mean we still can't have one on another site. I just went through the old threads and found that there is one where you guys are posting still:

uopvper.com

I checked it out today, and there is a quite a few new posts in the past 2 days that are worth the read. From the looks of it, the AUPK guys stopped posting abruptly because they simply just got shutdown too easily by the SSO guys, i guess it's just like on Ultima - AUPK don't do nothing without numbers and a house (the house being the mods!).
You used to "laugh like a little school girl" ?? This is almost as bad as Pet's "I laughed until I wet my pants" comment a while back. Now I know that you guys are on the femenine side but can you at least act a little more masculine please it will make us all feel a lot more comfortable.

Oh, and everyone do yourself a favour and have a look at that no holds bar pvp forum. Some of the stuff that is written there is, well, colourful to say the least. I won't be lowering myself to post there, I'll leave it to the so called wealthy, private school educated, university graduates from sso...
LOL

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was funny listening to heron the other night say to me on icq that you are by far the worst member of sso and that you won't play a mage because you are quote 'disgraceful' on one. You know you are bad when your own guildies bag the sh*t out of you.
How true.

Oh, and everyone do yourself a favour and have a look at that no holds bar pvp forum. Some of the stuff that is written there is, well, colourful to say the least. I won't be lowering myself to post there, I'll leave it to the so called wealthy, private school educated, university graduates from sso...
Translation: I can't handle posting on a forum where the moderators won't save me from abuse!!!111

E

Elwood

No thanks pet, i'll leave the kids stuff to the kids, i'll just play uo.

Btw, what is your icq sceenie all about? I see a reference to reaper, that's all.

Hey, before I go Benny wanted me to ask if you tried out for an acting role in that Merlin movie you were talking about in the another thread? You would make a great Pixie I reckon...

Night mate, sweet dreams!

Status
Not open for further replies.