• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

God this forum is boring now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iddqd

i wonder why? can the cry-baby care bears just keep to their boring, one-reply-per-fortnight 'OMG I SLEW A DRAGON, PLS CLICK MY SIG LOL' posts and bring the pvp one back. there was nothing wrong with anything done, as long as there are no unsavoury (or worse) images, or any personal details (like addresses etc) being posted, all should be fine. who cares if someone writes a personal insult? OH NOES HE DONE SAID A MEAN FING ABOUT DAT PERSON, OH DA HUMANITY.

if whingers dont like the fact that some people really like to try and insult others, then they can exercise their basic human right TO NOT F***ING CLICK ON THE LINK. you babies are like the fat people who sue mcdonalds for making them fat. the people involved are more than capable of looking after themselves.

we're all adults here, so let us act like kids if we want to. its an internet forum for a computer game - its not as serious as you might believe.

P

Paradox_

This thread will be closed in 5 seconds and deleted a second after that.

its like soviet russia.

S

siyeng0

I agree. This is a PvP shard and needs a PvP thread. Please bring it back; at least it's entertaining, unlike the interminable "I'm coming back to UO!" posts.

As for the insults - seriously, who even cares? Obviously the people being insulted don't care (and with good reason; who the hell worries about insults tossed by some guy on the internet?) or they wouldn't keep posting. And with the exception of things that are common knowledge, I've never seen personal information posted in the thread. Of course, insults are technically against the TOC, but they're completely harmless, they're benign, and they're funny as all hell. Just say "Normal rules don't apply here," ignore the damned thing, and be done with it.

Bring back the PvP thread!

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In before Lock.

I Agree. The PVP thread was the life of this board. Look at the comparison between the pvp threads and "normal" threads. The PVP thread easily gets to 2-4 pages in days, yet how many "normal" threads get to 50+ posts? None!

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. This is a PvP shard and needs a PvP thread. Please bring it back; at least it's entertaining, unlike the interminable "I'm coming back to UO!" posts.

As for the insults - seriously, who even cares? Obviously the people being insulted don't care (and with good reason; who the hell worries about insults tossed by some guy on the internet?) or they wouldn't keep posting. And with the exception of things that are common knowledge, I've never seen personal information posted in the thread. Of course, insults are technically against the TOC, but they're completely harmless, they're benign, and they're funny as all hell. Just say "Normal rules don't apply here," ignore the damned thing, and be done with it.

Bring back the PvP thread!
And this is from a "tram" Roleplayer.. This is saying something..

I

iddqd

And this is from a "tram" Roleplayer.. This is saying something..
siyeng0 is one of those rare breeds of rper that doesnt really count as a tram. 'tram' is in general a derogatory term, and while our accustomed play-styles are pretty much on the opposite ends of the spectrum, our attitudes (and those of most of the guys i played with in opk) are very similar in a number of ways.

F

Farscape

our attitudes (and those of most of the guys i played with in opk) are very similar in a number of ways.[/QUOTE]

Yes but I Can't put it in writing here and would have to spend a lot of time in church praying for forgiveness:D

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never a truer word spoken dal. Even though I don't login more (cbf/boring/css) except maybe on a sunday afternoon I'd love to see the PvP thread back, purely just to mess with the minds of some people.

I'd love to see a graph of posts on this forum vs time... then highlight the drop in posts as soon as the pvp thread got cancelled.

D

dum3886

Not having a pvp thread is doing no good for the shard . Although i have quit uo i have come back ooo 3 times already... why just to pvp.
When there is no pvp forum i just presume there is no pvp bcz com'n how am i expected to find if anyone playing
In my opinion in the last 2 months im guessing ppl like pet,ron etc have just moved on. Maybe held,dain, all the ppl in my old guild, kov ppl etc... porlly still play but mmm is it every night or just fridays/saturday.... i dunno why bcz u fricken took away the thread... i REFUSE to come back unless there is a decent standard of pvp and i will only find out based on the pvp forum.

But yes this forum SUCKS atm im so bored i come back once every week just to read the damn forums and pray pvp is decent again so i can maybe come back and play bcz darkfall AOC et... all seem like failure wow is just a piece if **** anything wow like is a piece of **** actually.

But anyway... u want this server to survive? my opinion bring back the pvp forum it will at least attact a few pvpers back every1 once in a while.

D

dum3886

Honestly look at the state of this forum

Hi Jo .. long time ... Are you going to come back to us ?

Cheers ... Seth
I just thought I would say Hello to you all...
Hope you are all well.

this is rubbish, this isn't even forum worthy material that thread should be banned. NOTHING to do with ocieana unlike the pvp thread. Just a waste of my breath looking at them.

T

Teeshy

You know, aside form the way you felt a need to insult everyone that doesn't fall into your play style, and the fact that I guess since I don't fall into your play style I must be a "cry-baby care bear" I *do* think the pvp thread should be back - for the sake of fairness if nothing else.

I don't see any need to totally ban one style of board posting/playing - it was already restricted enough by being only allowed in the one thread. Can't see how anyone OUTSIDE of that thread, or that didn't participate in it has any right to complain about what goes on in there anyways. It already had the warnings at the start of it didn't it? "beware all ye who enter here" type warnings?

T

tymbow

I'm another trammie who prefers the "quest" and "hunts" model over "PvP" (although I am beginning to take an interest - thanks for the lesson in Despise OPK'er I can't remember) but I'll add my vote for the return of the thread.

It was entertaining and has a place in this forum.

K

Katlene

if you havnt learnt by now, shut up about it and it will come back.
From what he has said before he has locked other threads, ovr is giving the pvp thread a little break before bringing it back. I wouldnt of been surprised if it had come back this week cause ppl managed to not be stupid this week. thats ruined now :danceb:

F

Fink

Who complained about the pvp thread anyway?

It's against ROC to dispute the mod's actions so I won't.. but it'd be interesting hearing from the person who reported it & why. Seems if all us trams are going to be tarred with the same brush, I for one would like to know who's putting words in our mouths.:talktothehand:

It was a harmless & fun read and very nearly the only thing keeping the forum going. If only the RP/PvM/Anything communities were as active & passionate about the game as the PvP crowd.

F

Farscape

Who complained about the pvp thread anyway?

It's against ROC to dispute the mod's actions so I won't.. but it'd be interesting hearing from the person who reported it & why. Seems if all us trams are going to be tarred with the same brush, I for one would like to know who's putting words in our mouths.:talktothehand:

It was a harmless & fun read and very nearly the only thing keeping the forum going. If only the RP/PvM/Anything communities were as active & passionate about the game as the PvP crowd.
Do not think anyone reported it for some of the posts started getting way over the top and even after some Mod interceps and warnings they were ignored so I guess they now have to serve the penalty :next:

F

Farscape

Pet you love pouring petrol on a fire do not be surprised when you get your hair singed

P

Paradox_

Why do you love being a buzzkill?

It doesnt harm you in anyway by having it.

Yet because it doesnt fit in with your playstyle its not acceptable.

If all the PvPers had their way there would be no 'OMG I MIGHT COME BACK' threads because we all feel dumber reading them.

But good old Katlene has to stick her nose in other peoples business where it doesnt belong.

Fully expect this to be reported too.

E

Elwood

Why do you love being a buzzkill?

It doesnt harm you in anyway by having it.

Yet because it doesnt fit in with your playstyle its not acceptable.

If all the PvPers had their way there would be no 'OMG I MIGHT COME BACK' threads because we all feel dumber reading them.

But good old Katlene has to stick her nose in other peoples business where it doesnt belong.

Fully expect this to be reported too.
This is it in a nutshell, as much as i'm not a fan of Paradox or Pet, I agree with them 100% in this case.

D

Dain

You know, aside form the way you felt a need to insult everyone that doesn't fall into your play style.
*cough* It appears that you didn't absorb much of what was said in the PvP Thread, the VAST MAJORITY of the insults flung in that thread were directed at participating PvP orientated players, and the occasional random that dared to speak up in the thread.

Katlene, BigKev, Me, Ron etc can't blame ANYONE except themselves if they're insulted in that forum. It's simple; don't post in there at all and/or bring it up in other situations and you wont be mentioned.

I normally side with the "Tram" players when it comes to UO Politics, but this is one occasion where I think that they're being hypocrites in denial; they're pouring petrol on their own fire.

T

Teeshy

I meant in his opening post in this thread =)

I probably wasn't clear, it WAS 6am after all =P

K

Katlene

roflmao.
classic.
still blaming me for the thread getting shutdown when i wasnt even home for 3 days around the time it happened.
No one has to report it for it to be shut down. mod or admin just had to read it for themselves.
fyi ive not reported on this thread. im enjoying watching you boys dig your own graves :D

Dain, thing with 'them' is that i didnt have to make a post in there and they would say something about me. its what lust does to em!
And who ever makes mention of what i said just here has it for me the worst.

:D

Im all for it coming back aswell, saves me having to go to 'the other one' for a laugh.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one has to report it for it to be shut down. mod or admin just had to read it for themselves.
Having spoken to Ovrkil a while ago he really enjoys the pvp thread, it's just when people like you go and pancake to the admins about posts because Ovr hasn't deleted the ones you wanted to.

A classic example of this was Amathist and her love affair with one of the main admins who I believe has recently stepped down. She bitched so much to him that he would personally hunt after my posts just looking for where I slipped up... and I got him into **** for it on more than one occasion too.

P

Paradox_

Dain, thing with 'them' is that i didnt have to make a post in there and they would say something about me. its what lust does to em!
And who ever makes mention of what i said just here has it for me the worst.
I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit just reading that.

K

Katlene

and you were the first to respond to it... awww

pet, stop using me as your scape goat cause it wasnt me.
Unless i some how managed to get signal in my car on my lap top (which i left at home) while i was driving in the middle of no where. :next:

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless i some how managed to get signal in my car on my lap top (which i left at home) while i was driving in the middle of no where. :next:
You defend yourself so vigorously Katlene, the amount of stories you've produced about how you didn't report posts is growing. The facts are, you have admitted in the past to reporting posts "just because it reminded you of yourself" or because "it was offensive to women" and you are the only person with a known history and known personal vendetta against certain people.

Oh and your the only housewife (OMG I SAID HOUSEWIFE, REPORT POST, MY EYES, MY EYES!!! AHHHHHHH BACK TO LUNA BANK) around who would lower themselves. Most trammys enjoy reading the banter and find it quite humorous (so much so that they feed us information), you on the other hand really need to eat a bag of concrete and harden up.

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread will be closed in 5 seconds and deleted a second after that.

its like soviet russia.
In Soviet Russia, thread deletes you!

I'm one of the shameless Trams that enjoyed reading the PVP thread... well, apart from Que's asides about the Raiders :p (sorry mate, but league? Ugh). I'll add my vote for bringing anything interesting back to the Stratics boards - god, even UHall is tame as kinder now.

F

Farscape

You defend yourself so vigorously Katlene, the amount of stories you've produced about how you didn't report posts is growing. The facts are, you have admitted in the past to reporting posts "just because it reminded you of yourself" or because "it was offensive to women" and you are the only person with a known history and known personal vendetta against certain people.

Oh and your the only housewife (OMG I SAID HOUSEWIFE, REPORT POST, MY EYES, MY EYES!!! AHHHHHHH BACK TO LUNA BANK) around who would lower themselves. Most trammys enjoy reading the banter and find it quite humorous (so much so that they feed us information), you on the other hand really need to eat a bag of concrete and harden up.
Sometime the pressure valve needs release so here you go

Ok get over it Petrify I sick of your constant dribble and attacks do that in game one on one

If you want a pvp thread grow up that is a good start

I often get my fingers slapped for ROC but you take the cake and then you stir the rest of the forum so along come the sarcastic one liners form the wannabees

No pvp Thread No crap talk No personal attacks No whining so that puts you OUT accept it move on

flame away I do not offend very easily and I do I bite!

As for reporting posts blame ME for I do it often and will continue to do so when you guys step over the line with your constant slander and offensive behavior.

Some of you posters should look back at what you post sit back and take it in then think how it would come across to someone very close to you and how you would react to it

It has reached a stage on this forum that posters will not post due to the knowledge that some idiot will twist and turn a post into waste paper where as it should be treated as a conversation between several mature individuals

THAT IS WHY THIS FORUM HAS DIED

T

thenow

Petals. we all know you are the worse for notifying the Mods. I've been told by a Mod or two over time that you always 'notify' the Mods.
But that's normal crying behaviour for you and co. And who was that loser friend of urs who is more stupid then you? Can't remember her name, think it was ParaRon'sLoVeR.

Conflict as a form of entertainment demostrates a lower form of understanding and thinking. This low level of personal self indulgent behaviour illustrates individuals need to compete and be aggressive. Watching and participating.

I am the best speller and english riter LOSERS!! :grouphug:

K

Katlene

If i reported a post i will not deny i did, what would be the point in me lying about it? its not like i want to be friends with you. *shudders*
Same stories about posts hmm plurals... thats interesting cause ive had the one story thats been the same for a single time that you seem to have stuck in your head. Blaming me cause you dont want to blame your self or your friends that arnt really your friends cause you cant have friends on the internet.
I have reported posts, i wont deny it when i do. but those reasons you gave are not any that i have used. I will put in reasons like 'trolling' or 'roc breaking' even 'they are at it again'.
I cannot force the hands of a mod. If they recieve a report they look into it and decide for THEMSELVES if the post in question needs to be removed.
Vendetta? no. But thats REALLY hilarious coming from YOU!
You seem to keep missing the part where i said i liked to read the pvp thread.
I was reading that other one for a good while too. Funny funny stuff. Is to bad i lost the link to it though.
Good luck with trying to abuse and upset me pet... one day it might work, but i doubt it. I dont take a 16yr kids lash outs seriously. :coco:

Farscape, your post... pure golden truth! :thumbsup:
But, just wait they will attack! talon's at the ready cause the truth is attacking them again!! arghhhhhh!!!:D

O

Ovrkill

To be perfectly honest about the PVP thread and everything that has been said.

1: Dont point the finger at Katlene for reporting posts in the PVP thread. Your so way off target that it makes me laugh. Its the PVPers themselves who complain the most about posts within the PVP thread, especially when there is a personal insult... why ? because they want to cause trouble for the players in the forum as well as in game.

2: I gave you guys time to chill out and come back to eath. There was way to much on the personal insults. Yes i did enjoy the PVP thread, but when it started to get flooded with the personal insults, it became a joke to let it stay open. And even with a break from the PVP thread, you guys have this thread and cant help yourself but point fingers at people and come out with the insults yet again. I have asked time and time again for you folk to show me that you are above this, and show me that if i re open the PVP thread that you will be in more control of yourselves and make it a fun thread to have again.

3: The PVP thread would have never existed if it wasnt for me, everyone wanted to shut it down before it even started, but i went against the lot of them and did it anyway because i believed you guys deserved to have your own place to rant and rave, I put the rules up and made sure they were enforced. But you guys still didnt learn. Show me im not wasting my time by defending the PVP thread....

You guys know the rules, if you seriously want the PVP thread back, then prove to me that you are all adults and know the difference between having fun and taking it too far. Go back and edit your posts within this thread and take out the things that you KNOW shouldnt be posted. Then PM me and tell me what you have done to clean it up.

Then i will make a decision if it comes back now.... or later....

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am the best speller and english riter
Could you be anymore blatant in your attempted bait?

THAT IS WHY THIS FORUM HAS DIED
So the forum has died because you have been reporting posts, which do not involve you, which do not effect you in anyway and which you have a choice to read or not. In that case your a nerd who strives for an ounce of power but since your clearly way too sensitive to be a moderator, the only way you can achieve that is by being the fat kid at the back of the class, eavesdropping on every conversation and "telling teacher" on anybody who swears.

Good luck with trying to abuse and upset me pet... one day it might work, but i doubt it. I dont take a 16yr kids lash outs seriously
Aw, hows your father going? Hope you have a happy fathers day!

You guys know the rules, if you seriously want the PVP thread back, then prove to me that you are all adults and know the difference between having fun and taking it too far. Go back and edit your posts within this thread and take out the things that you KNOW shouldnt be posted. Then PM me and tell me what you have done to clean it up.
So basically you want me to get on me to get on my knees and beg? Katlene might get on her knees for you, but I certainly won't.

D

Dain

Farscape you say that you don't care what Pet says and that he will never get under your skin, that he is nothing but an angry tween.

Yet you reported posts! And on occasions even replied!

This makes no sense!

So either you're lying and people like Pet really do get under your skin or you report the posts or god forbid; reply, because you enjoy seeing them punished or having their efforts deleted. Doesn't that kind of make you as bad if not worse then Pet?

Perhaps you think you're being an E-Hero? Defending a minority which has itself spoken up FOR the return of the Thread which was so obviously insulting these innocent and vulnerable readers.

I am so confused :(

It's not our decision if the PvP thread returns or not (Although it should be) but there will be repercussions which ever way it goes.

My suggestion is this:

These forums (I believe so anyway) are more then capable of creating threads and forums which have restricted access.

Create a new PvP forum where participants need to request access to join.

Moderate it lightly. Allow UO related insults (attempt to mod the person attacks I guess) don't allow the discussion of 3rd party programs and cheats/exploits etc.

Have a terms and conditions of entry explaining what horrible and traumatic things the innocent public might be exposed to in the access request thread.

K

Katlene

*smiles smugly*
err my dad is fine pet... thanks for asking. Ill tell him you said hi.

K

Katlene

should i have any idea what you are talking about? or have you finally snapped your twig.

D

dum3886

Just look at it logically... from the looks of the replies most of the pvpers AND pvmers wish for the pvp thread to be back. Some may disagree with what is said inside but they STILL wish for it to be put back just because it is pretty much the life of this forum.

and as i said before.

The pvp forum is what often brings back players to the shard which is already quite ghost-town like. Isn't what a lot of you people wish for is more people to play?

E

Elwood

I have asked time and time again for you folk to show me that you are above this, and show me that if i re open the PVP thread that you will be in more control of yourselves and make it a fun thread to have again.
It never stopped being a fun thread...

The PVP thread would have never existed if it wasnt for me,
So?
I put the rules up and made sure they were enforced. But you guys still didnt learn.
Bullsh*t you did. Heaps of people broke the Rules (including myself) and got away with it. My god, some of the things the rons got away with posting were rediculous! You were either selective with who you enforce the rules with or you were being a lazy mod, that's my opinion. Oh, and no offence dude but your rules are unrealistic. It's a pvp forum and there should be a lot more latitude given than in other forums.

Then i will make a decision if it comes back now.... or later....
How about you go back through all of the old pvp forums and check to see if there are any posts still up that are in breach of the ROC. Then PM me and tell me what you have done to clean it up.

Then I will make a decision on whether you have been doing your job as a mod or not or if you have just used this oportunity to blow your own trumpet just a little bit.

Good chance this post will be deleted along with my stratics account...

T

thenow

I am the best speller and english riter

Not suprising but you missed the point , YET AGAIN!!
Beside we know pettles you are the who baits (pls refer to my 'Conflict for entertainment' quote).
You are known as a baiter, in fact it is said you're a master at it. PUT THOSE TWO WORDS TOGETHER and it sums you up perfectly!!
Master baiter! yep thats you.

Officially pets lost it. lol
You obviously were the one who 'notified' (cried) the mods, like normal, about the last pvp thread. WE all KNOW it!
Truly you are a coward pettles. Always saying things frm behind a PC. You'd never say it face to face. Say your comments to the Rons. I bet you wouldn't, coward.
If you weren't so pathetic and sad you would be funny. But I only pity you really. It must be a hard life for you.

B

Benny Lava

My suggestion is this:

These forums (I believe so anyway) are more then capable of creating threads and forums which have restricted access.

Create a new PvP forum where participants need to request access to join.

Moderate it lightly. Allow UO related insults (attempt to mod the person attacks I guess) don't allow the discussion of 3rd party programs and cheats/exploits etc.

Have a terms and conditions of entry explaining what horrible and traumatic things the innocent public might be exposed to in the access request thread.
I agree nublet :p

P

Paradox_

Not suprising but you missed the point , YET AGAIN!!
Beside we know pettles you are the who baits (pls refer to my 'Conflict for entertainment' quote).
You are known as a baiter, in fact it is said you're a master at it. PUT THOSE TWO WORDS TOGETHER and it sums you up perfectly!!
Master baiter! yep thats you.

Officially pets lost it. lol
You obviously were the one who 'notified' (cried) the mods, like normal, about the last pvp thread. WE all KNOW it!
Truly you are a coward pettles. Always saying things frm behind a PC. You'd never say it face to face. Say your comments to the Rons. I bet you wouldn't, coward.
If you weren't so pathetic and sad you would be funny. But I only pity you really. It must be a hard life for you.
Must be a hard life for you when you cant spell.

T

thenow

LOL yep you've had a parabrain incident yet again.
I wasn't even going to respond to your lameness but I need to point out your extreme lacking AGAIN!!

We know whats hard in your life when we mention pettles or the rons, even with your short manpart syndrome.

I am the BEST riter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.