• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goblin bug

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Hey Kaldane, thanks for all the bug reports! I was never able to repro the glowing pink goblins, must be some sort of data error. I re-generated the goblin art files in the last update, do you still see them as pink now?

Cenan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I also see all goblins as glowing purple. It does make them very easy to spot though, so I don't mind :)

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I wish I could repro this textureless goblin thing. It doesn't happen on any of the computers I have for testing!

However, I haven't spent too much time on it because those goblins are placeholder art; eventually we'll get the real goblin models rigged up, and they shouldn't have texture problems. (Since they work the same way player models do.)

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
mine glow kind of a hot pink. makes it even harder to see the nightmares

Cenan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Just a quick thought Citan, if your assets are identified with Unicode strings you might be inadvertently assuming an encoding that's not true for all browsers. Explicitly stating which encoding was used in both ends might help. You know something like instead of doing String s = new String("blah");, you'd do String s = new String("blah", Encoding.FromLocale("en-US"); My Java is non-existent, but I hope you get my meaning.

I'm playing from Denmark and most of my browsers refuse to acknowledge properly that i speak English just fine, and force localization on me.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Mine went away on the 19th. I am currently out of town so playing on my macbook and not my PC. I am using Safari