• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Go Figure... Powers to be forgot about Magincia... Again!!!

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It be funny if it wasn't so sad...
First they destroyed the town... and had an invasion... then forgot about the place for a couple years...
Then they gave false hope and said they was going to rebuild the place better than ever... they sold lottery tickets for house placement... had a drawing... then guess what... they forgot about the town... AGAIN!!! The place is still dead...

it's a shame I'll admit I bought many many tickets in tram and fel... of course I didn't win nothing... I can live with that... but it's sad for the folks who did win... paying god knows what for the tickets for a house placement... with high hopes of having a house in a COMPLETED new town... and then all they got was a house on an empty island...

I'm now glad I didn't win a spot... I have a large house in the middle of no where and I bet there is more traffic going by my house than the ones in Magincia.

Come on UO/EA, GMs... finish what ya started... give us the new town ya promised.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was late Friday night... they finally updated.

Each tiny upgrade is 10$ each... OR if you want both, that's 15$ per account.

Not worth it... not by a long shot.

Makes me wonder if they are setting themselves up for a massive failure so they can blame us for not buying these overpriced upgrades.

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.. they're suppose to put together those 'boosters' (which I agree aren't worth it but still).. Work on the Cleaning event.. Fix the houses that weren't placing right.. AND code all the rest of the town at the same time?

How many hours a day do YOU work?
I agree they left the town originally dead for too long but jesus people are a little ridiculous.
You don't want to work holidays, right?
Or more then the normal 40 hour work week?
Then besides when a crisis like a server crash occurs, why do you expect them to do so ?

Mesanna already comes on from home to host events, or help fix problems.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then my question would be, why hold a lottery drawing for town houses if the town code wasn't ready for publish? Seems to me they are publishing code that is not ready or is just incomplete.

Why raise hopes by having a lottery drawing for stuff that is not complete or ready for publish?

P.S.
I'm kinda pissed now... you telling me now that we are going to have to buy booster packs everytime the power that be decide to destroy a town and rebuild it. What kind of crap is that?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't pretend to be happy about this “booster” or whatever. None of us are playing with out paying… and some of us are paying for far more then 1 account. They shouldn’t have their hands out about miner improvements to the game.

As far as lotteries go… I don’t support them in real life, I didn’t support this one at all. It was really designed as a “gold sink” and that was a good thing for a couple of reasons. 1, to remove gold from the game. 2, so everyone would have a fair shot at getting a house… if they wanted it. GREED played way too big of a factor in this lotto as epic prices were being demanded for houses people played for soul reason of selling them if they won. But… that’s just part of the game. Prices may go down… or you could find something far better someplace else.

Did this idea work out for a new town community? I’d say not.
Will the new stalls work out at all? I’d say no, because of this “booster”.

We shouldn’t have to pay extra. Not one of us is getting a free ride. Overall, I still say we have a great game… and new ideas need to be tested and lessons hopefully will be learned from. ;)

F

Fayled Dhreams

It be funny if it wasn't so sad...
First they destroyed the town... and had an invasion... then forgot about the place for a couple years...
Then they gave false hope and said they was going to rebuild the place better than ever... they sold lottery tickets for house placement... had a drawing... then guess what... they forgot about the town... AGAIN!!! The place is still dead...

it's a shame I'll admit I bought many many tickets in tram and fel... of course I didn't win nothing... I can live with that... but it's sad for the folks who did win... paying god knows what for the tickets for a house placement... with high hopes of having a house in a COMPLETED new town... and then all they got was a house on an empty island...

I'm now glad I didn't win a spot... I have a large house in the middle of no where and I bet there is more traffic going by my house than the ones in Magincia.

Come on UO/EA, GMs... finish what ya started... give us the new town ya promised.
err ...
they had an invasion, that destroyed the town
(order of events is key for logical analysis)
and one could fairly say that they kinda forgot about it,
while the invasion was going on
and on and on and on and on
and one could also say that
they didn't actually have "a plan" in place that worked even near what they thought that said invasion would be
(what was debris and where it could land, how it could be defeated, why anyone might try to save "the gate" and once lost, what that might incur as consequence to other game "standards" ie. the gate on the fel side ... ooooo com?)
Come on UO/EA, GMs... finish what ya started
I believe you mean:
Start what you can finish, know your limits, test your skills ... present a polished well thought out product and >prosper<

of course ... it appears that they think they are ...
paycheck cashes ... right?:lol:

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
P.S.
I'm kinda pissed now... you telling me now that we are going to have to buy booster packs everytime the power that be decide to destroy a town and rebuild it. What kind of crap is that?
I don't recall stating that anywhere in my response.
I said you can't expect everything to be done all at the same time.

I don't remember them saying the lottery would be the end of finishing the island either.
I was under the impression it would be a part of the rebuilding, kind of like when a real natural disaster occurs. People return, try to clean up their old homes or find new ones, and then continue work outward from their own homes.
But what do I know, I didn't come to the board just looking to whine.

Put together your big boy words, make a post that has constructive criticism and post on UHall or as a response to another post on UHall where the Devs are likely to see it.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah… the P.S. was in Reference to Pix’s reply…
It was late Friday night... they finally updated.

Each tiny upgrade is 10$ each... OR if you want both, that's 15$ per account.
Not sure why your panties are in a bunch, again I have no dog in the fight and I damn sure not going to pay for upgrades just to visit an empty town.

All I am trying to say is that I’m tired of the powers that be releasing code/publishes that are incomplete, or starting storylines then make it up as they go or worse forget the punch line and lose interest. Starting to feel like we are playing dungeon and dragons only to find out that our dear old Dungeon Master has Alzheimer’s and tends to drool on the dice.

(on Atlantic) I remember the grand city of Magincia, our guild at that time use to hang out in the City. We were there for the invasion and the destruction of our fair city. Then the storyline seems to have been forgotten. And now according to Pixie’s reply we are going to have to pay for an booster pack just to get the City back. Wow nice Storyline.