• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GM's?

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find people all the time on Siege Perilous doing illegal things.

I normally page under physical harassment and target complaint etc. Am I paging under the wrong thing?

Because nothing ever happens to the unattended player.

And I always come back and they are still there day after day no matter how many times I have paged...

Are you guys on a shortage of Gm's? Back in the day you could always get a Game master to come and speak with you... I have not seen one in forever...

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they don't exist...well i take that back the 2 that do exist are out back on a smoke break

S

ShaunOfPac

Chances are the GM asked if they were there, and they responded. And even if they werent there, how are they harming you? I don't get people who cry "Unattended Macroer", to me they all seem like whiny little social rejects.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chances are the GM asked if they were there, and they responded. And even if they werent there, how are they harming you? I don't get people who cry "Unattended Macroer", to me they all seem like whiny little social rejects.
Ghost cams come into my mind ...

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
99% of the time if somone defends an "Unattended Macroer" they are one of the unattended... ;)

M

MoonglowMerchant

I find people all the time on Siege Perilous doing illegal things.

I normally page under physical harassment and target complaint etc. Am I paging under the wrong thing?

Because nothing ever happens to the unattended player.

And I always come back and they are still there day after day no matter how many times I have paged...

Are you guys on a shortage of Gm's? Back in the day you could always get a Game master to come and speak with you... I have not seen one in forever...
The nice thing is that on Siege you can kill them and take their stuff.

:)

T

The Home Guild

/signed.
They have nothing more to do than worry abut the next player.

S

ShaunOfPac

99% of the time if somone defends an "Unattended Macroer" they are one of the unattended... ;)
Or someone who has actually been near the computer and had to speak with more GM's than he can count because of whiny shmucks :)

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they are harming me when they farm monsters all day unattended allowing more gold to be put into the game and screwing over the economy even more

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they are harming me when they farm monsters all day unattended allowing more gold to be put into the game and screwing over the economy even more
Don't bother shaun knows all :) after all he has cool tats! :lick:

G

Gwendar-SP

it seems like alot of the "GMs" are bots. Guess bots stick together.

R

RenaLynne

A GM will not show up unless you use the function other(my issue/problem requires in game assistance). This is something Ive learned in the past few days.

E

Eslake

/signed.
They have nothing more to do than worry abut the next player.
Haven't I seen you post before that someone who doesn't want to be involved with other players should play a single player game? ;)

The whole point of a multiplayer game is that what others do effects you in some way. Cheating (scripting, looping, exploiting a bug, it doesn't matter) effects others in a negative way, and should be reported.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I ignore the postings of all players that are Self Proclaimed Legends of anything...and the Tat dude is bigger than the one in soldier pic, but I"ll leave it at that...

Z

Zoran

Usually if I see someone macroing unattended I ignore them unless they are;

A) Someone I dont like.
--In which case I never wait around to see what happens anyway.
or,
B) Dumb enough to do it at Painted Caves Fel.
--In which case im taking a murder count.

Truthfully? They know the risk, they took it. It doesnt matter what anyone says they did something wrong, not you for paging on them. I'm sure a lot do get away with it, but a few also have gotten caught at this. There are people I have talked to in game who have spoke of bannings and perma bans, so it does happen.

UO just simply isnt enough of a 'cash cow' anymore to keep GM's going 24/7. A long time ago you could be number 70 in line just to speak to a 'counselor' who MIGHT then call a GM. Now, you may only be numer 7 to 14 in line, but dont expect a robed figure to appear and kick it with you.

And lastly, with our ever dwindling amount of players, do you think EA or mystic or whatever is in any big hurry to ban more monthly-paying accounts? If they are- THEN we should worry. Peace.
~Zoran

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I ignore the postings of all players that are Self Proclaimed Legends of anything...and the Tat dude is bigger than the one in soldier pic, but I"ll leave it at that...
Oh, the irony... :D

And don´t worry GarthGrey, this is nothing negative about your post. I think some Siegers might know what I mean...

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How would a GM's unattended Script know if someone is unattended scripting? I dont get you all sometimes.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plenty of time to post on the forums eh? I guess nothing better to do when u can't leave your house ;)

M

Mechanic

he has a really cool avatar too, and his sig is, well, I can't ask and I don't think it would be prudent for him to tell.

P

peanutbutter

dude... stop paging. are they hurting you? do you enjoy being ignored by EA? stop wasting your time and let them do their "illegal things". what's the point in doing otherwise?

i see people sitting in their houses all the time casting the same spell over and over again... go back 5 hours later and, strangely enough, they are casting a different spell from the next tier...

are they hurting me? no. if i page, will a GM come? no. so, why bother?

sheesh...

if you don't macro, you don't play UO. you might have the game and look at it sometimes, but you don't play UO.

how do you know what they are doing is illegal anyway? maybe, like many people, they are sitting there with a coffee and a david eddings book pushing a button every few seconds to train?!?!?

have you not learned how to do this and do you not know that it is LEGAL?

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ghost cams come into my mind ...
Ghost cams are legal, especially if they are unattended and monitored by illegal third party proggies. At least it looks like, since I have yet to see a guild using them having problems.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dude... stop paging. are they hurting you? do you enjoy being ignored by EA? stop wasting your time and let them do their "illegal things". what's the point in doing otherwise?

i see people sitting in their houses all the time casting the same spell over and over again... go back 5 hours later and, strangely enough, they are casting a different spell from the next tier...

are they hurting me? no. if i page, will a GM come? no. so, why bother?

sheesh...

if you don't macro, you don't play UO. you might have the game and look at it sometimes, but you don't play UO.

how do you know what they are doing is illegal anyway? maybe, like many people, they are sitting there with a coffee and a david eddings book pushing a button every few seconds to train?!?!?

have you not learned how to do this and do you not know that it is LEGAL?

Do you have a clue on what I am talking about? No. Did I say what the person was doing or even name the person? No.

Is my post hurting you??? No. Will it make me stop asking about Game Masters? No.

So why bother ? Sheesh.