• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] GM'd Parry...

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I GM'd parry and was amazed at how easily it was GM'd. I just let a Mongbat beat on me while spamming Spirit Speak for heals and using a SelfRepair:4 bronze shield. It took less than 2 days of sporadic training (I also farmed in Ilshenar with a different character).

I remember "back in the old days" training with Batlin (he wrote one of the original parry essays on Stratics) GM'ing parry was a major PIA. Wow... what a huge difference.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Resist magic had the same turnaround in difficulty. It used to be two of the most difficult skills to raise, now I raise them on every new character in order to get my stats where I want them, regardless of whether my final template will use either of those skills.

After all, in two hours of parry/resist training, your skill in both is at least 90 (usually GM if you do it right) and your stats will be exactly where you want them.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Remember when parry and magic resist were two of the most difficult skills to raise? It's amazing how easy these skills are to master, especially compared to their former difficulty.

I. Parry
1) Wear a suit of armor with 70 physical resist and good durability. Dull copper will work.
2) Go to the sheep pen south of Yew.
3) Equip a weapon in which you have 0 skill (e.g. if you're a swordsman, equip a fencing weapon). Equip NO shield.
4) Target all 8 sheep so that they attack you, then toggle out of combat. Your character should stand there and allow the sheep to attack it.

You'll have to repair your armor and heal as needed. Using this method, I went to 120 parry in 6 hours.

II. Resisting Spells
1) Go to Haven and target 6-8 spectral spellbinders.
2) Lead them to the small, partially-collapsed farm house immediately south of Haven. (The lower, right-hand corner of the house is partially-collapsed).
3) Once you close the door, the spellbinders will not be able to get to your character. Instead, they'll stand outside the building and cast on you. They don't cast any damage spells, so no need to heal.

Using this method, I went to 120 magic resist in 8 hours.

Now, if only animal taming were this easy to raise...

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quicker ways than mentioned above..

Parry - Grab a wep that you are not proficient with. Get female NPCs in Jhelom and disarm them. You can get about 40+ if you have a friend help gather them. You go from 0 - 120 in a few hours.

Resist works best if you have a second account. Remove eval off of a mage and have him cast paraylize fields. Have the character you need to work resist in just run through the field. Have that same caster cast weaken on you non stop while you run through the fields. If you have other people to help have them each cast a clumsy or feeblemind. You can go from 0-120 pretty quick.