• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GM+ Tailoring Gains?

R

RenaLynne

I did studded tunics and when that was slow switched it up with bone armor. Can use up a lot of your resources but this was fastest way for me.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a cheaper way to go is cloth ninja hoods followed by studded hiro sode. I can't give you the exact figures though, sorry.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I am using ninja hoods...but then again, this is on Siege, so I'm in RoT, this may not be applicable on the production shards...la

E

ennui

Can anyone tell me how far cloth ninja hoods/elven shirts will take me, given that I've eaten a 120 PS?

I miss the Tailoring board :(

T

T_Amon_from_work

Can anyone tell me how far cloth ninja hoods/elven shirts will take me, given that I've eaten a 120 PS?

I miss the Tailoring board :(
Ninja hoods took me from 90-something to GM. Used a lot of cloth in the process, but Salvage bag helped to speed things up on reclaiming the material. Am looking for scroll to up the cap ...

E

ennui

Thanks, T'Amon. I also used cloth ninja hoods to GM but now that I'm at 112, the skill gains have slowed down so much that I'm wondering if I'm just wasting cloth. I think they're good to 114 but I might have confused it with something else entirely :p. Anyone know the absolute max limit of ninja hoods?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While tailoring isn't my specialty, I'll whip up the Tailor equivalent of my Smith charts soon...

Rules of thumb:
1. you get your best gains on items that are 60-80% chance of success, though you can gain on anything up to the chance of success (before rounding down to 100%) equal to your Powerscrolled cap.
2. While it takes longer, getting gains on cloth is cheaper in the long run, so do it while you can.
3. Similarly, gains on studded items, while slower than bone, are also cheaper in the long run, due to the difficulty & costs of bone armor, and that you can't recycle the bone items.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OK, I've whipped up those charts quickly....

http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=27682

The "No Scroll" and "xxx PS" columns are what skill you can gain to, for each item, if you are powerscrolled to that level.

Italics indicate an area where you can gain up to your cap, as it's theoretical limit is higher than your skill cap.
Blue areas are the 95-100 region where Exceptional chance to craft goes up 0.5% per 0.1 skill, instead of 0.2% per 0.1

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, remember - the Smith version of the charts is a sticky further up.

I've been told that "prettied up" versions of both will soon make an appearance as part of the Smith & Tailor sections of Stratics.

O

onthefifty

i went to studded hiro sode around 114. took me to gm. used over 60k leather if i remember correctly.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did ninja hoods 100 to 115 on Atlantic last week then used the +5 Aos skill/stat bonus to get to 120.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did ninja hoods 100 to 115 on Atlantic last week then used the +5 Aos skill/stat bonus to get to 120.
Oh my gosh--how long did you sit on that bonus???

I shudder to think at what stupid thing I wasted that on, undoubtedly when I decided on a lark to reactivate my account one day at random, and probably spent it on something completely ridiculous.

E

ennui

i went to studded hiro sode around 114. took me to gm. used over 60k leather if i remember correctly.
OMG 60k leather?! I've just moved on to studded hiro sode and it's been SLOW going collecting leather. There used to be a Stratics article listing good places for gathering tailoring mats but I can't find it :( I think the link was from the Tailoring FAQ in the (still-missing) old Forums.

Please can someone suggest good places to collect leather? I'm using the Jhelom bull pens at the moment but the respawns are a little slow.

U

uoBuoY

OMG 60k leather?! I've just moved on to studded hiro sode and it's been SLOW going collecting leather. There used to be a Stratics article listing good places for gathering tailoring mats but I can't find it :( I think the link was from the Tailoring FAQ in the (still-missing) old Forums.

Please can someone suggest good places to collect leather? I'm using the Jhelom bull pens at the moment but the respawns are a little slow.
Kitsuni Point has herds of Gaman...you'll never run out and they not aggresive. 17 hides each. Near the Gaman are Bake Kitsuni. Easy to kill and 33 hides each.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

We use the herds round Delucia for plain leather, the serpents in Destard for spined leather and bone, the Drakes & Wyverns in Destard for horned leather and the drags for barbed. Dark wisps in Ilshenar Spirituality are also good for bones.

For my tailor, I did mostly oil cloths from about gm to legendary. It was hell, but I got lots and lots of bandies, and you can use UOA to set up a macro - so I read a book and hit the button. This was before salvage bags, but I used UOA to set up a recycle bag, made them inside the bag and just recycled them to bandies when the bag was full. You could just as easily make em inside a salvage bag :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Gamans at the Homare-Jima gate area of Tokuno are good for leather, plus they are also good for training warrior skills in the 70-GM range. They also have the gaman horns that are used for the minotaur quest chain, that produces some of the best loot in the game currently (other items in the chain are a map fragment off a Priest of Mondain, and minotaur artifacts one needs a good stealther to get).

Then, if you want to continue warrior training while gathering leather, there's always the lesser hiryu.

E

ennui

Thanks for the tip about Delucia, Cailleach. It's working out really well.

Since coming back to UO, I've focused mostly on tradeskills rather than combat so I'd prefer to stick to cows & deer right now. I'll move on to gamans someday :)