• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GM Spada says Hi again! and wants to hear from you.

C

Cal_Mythic

- Maybe for you, maybe for Cal.

Another poster has been quite concerned about the ability for new players to purchase UO via uo.com.
Iirc, it mainly boiled down to the desire for a nice big 'buy now' button on the front page, rather than several links that take you to 'try now' for UO2D & UOKR.
As well, there are some inconsistencies in the wording / instructions for getting started in the UO2D client (as one set of links takes you to the uogamecodes website and then states that you must have an account in order to get the game... Mondain's Legacy I think it was. The problem is, that particular avenue for getting UO does not clearly spell it out to the new user that all they need to do is goto UO.com / Acct Mgmt / and create a new account first.

I was hoping these were things already being considered prior to the release of UO:SA, but figure I might as well mention it here.
(& Frankly, I felt more people would want to 'try now' rather than 'buy now' in the first place. But, maybe you or Cal can ponder that person's concerns.)
Here is one of the lengthy threads re: the subject.
Hi, and thanks for bringing this up. We are definitely looking reducing the number of steps it takes to join or return to Ultima Online, as well as making those steps clear and functional.

The Account Registration page is at the forefront of items we've had in testing since last Spring. We're testing and re-testing until it's solid. Spada is updated constantly. He's such a taskmaster!!

So, yes in regards to the expansion, we're trying to get the issues resolved now and allow our current users and past users to get back into the literal swing of things before SA launches.