• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Glacial Pickaxe

Nightly

Journeyman
There seems to be some dispute with pricing on glacial items so perhaps we could turn his into a discussion / price check thread. I've heard everything from 150m upto 1.5p for one sold last week. Is UO economy that broken that there is over a plat difference just depending on who you ask? While there may be a "supply/demand" is it that much of jump? Since my return its been hard to get a gage on pricing. So what are your thoughts on what these doggy duped items are worth?

Jake of Pac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
prices exploded when covid started. lots of people forced to stay home, along with getting covid checks made for a boom in gold/demand for items. inflation galore.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There seems to be some dispute with pricing on glacial items so perhaps we could turn his into a discussion / price check thread. I've heard everything from 150m upto 1.5p for one sold last week. Is UO economy that broken that there is over a plat difference just depending on who you ask? While there may be a "supply/demand" is it that much of jump? Since my return its been hard to get a gage on pricing. So what are your thoughts on what these doggy duped items are worth?
It's really hard to tell nowadays with so many people price gouging on safes just because they can, but my estimate on glacial items would be this:

150-250m for the pickaxe

150-250m for the skinning knife

200-300m for the war mace (it's more rare than the others, and is actually named war mace, not the arctic death dealer thing)

250-300m for the spellbook

The original pants and bandana are illegal to own now sadly, as are all other cloth glacial items, so their prices are impossible to judge.

Edit: I’ve been informed by multiple people that all of my estimates are about 100m lower than market rate right now.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Economy is not broken. It is ok . Just some are ready to sell it for 150m , some only for 1,5 plat.
And after several posts you still cannot share how much you are willing to pay for it. Especially if you already know how much is "fair" price for you.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What its worth...
I'd say 350-750m on range for all the Glacial items these days, more lower range if imbued and higher range if clean. Like everything in this game though it's supply/demand, so it can sometimes change the valuation and that goes for any item.

Nightly

Journeyman
Economy is not broken. It is ok . Just some are ready to sell it for 150m , some only for 1,5 plat.
And after several posts you still cannot share how much you are willing to pay for it. Especially if you already know how much is "fair" price for you.
I offered 250m and was called names and swore at for being "cheap"

Nightly

Journeyman
I see the person who claims to have sold one for 1.5p and harassed me over ICQ has chosen to remain quiet on stratics, Interesting....

Last edited:

Nightly

Journeyman
It's really hard to tell nowadays with so many people price gouging on safes just because they can, but my estimate on glacial items would be this:

150-250m for the pickaxe

150-250m for the skinning knife

200-300m for the war mace (it's more rare than the others, and is actually named war mace, not the arctic death dealer thing)

250-300m for the spellbook

The original pants and bandana are illegal to own now sadly, as are all other cloth glacial items, so their prices are impossible to judge.
I appreciate this information Captn. This is the range I was at.

ElIoT

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I’ve sold a glacial pickaxe a couple times before at 250 and 350m. The 250 sold quick. The 350 took probably a week to sell.
1.5p sale sounds like a troll. But who knows

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I offered 250m and was called names and swore at for being "cheap"
I see the person who claims to have sold one for 1.5p and harassed me over ICQ has chosen to remain quiet on stratics, Interesting....
I know how you feel. If the economy isn't completely broken then it has a really long hairline fracture. I came back after a few year break and was so disappointed at where the economy is and how far this community has fallen that I have pretty much quit again after just a few months...I haven't logged in twice in the past 2 months. Don't get me wrong there are still some really awesome people around here, but there are also a ton of ****** bags. I feel like it has to do with so many people playing with the main focus being to make real life $. Sorry...just saw the opportunity to complain so I had to take it.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm consistently baffled by the level of toxicity that is exposed at any given moment over something as small as a price or someones willingness to either pay or not pay a certain price for an item...

Whatever happened to disagreements? To acceptance? It's not that way anymore... and it's disgusting if I may be so bold to speak up about it.
I never understood it, and perhaps never will. But I know I don't approve of it...

MrUber

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have deleted my posts simply because i cant stand the ignorance with this kid

MrUber

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uhmmm i SOLD one for 1.5 plat was the blessed version way more valuable and cant be blessed now regular 250-450 mil is range but try again

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Whatever happened to disagreements? To acceptance? It's not that way anymore... and it's disgusting if I may be so bold to speak up about it.
I never understood it, and perhaps never will. But I know I don't approve of it...
Too many folks these days have that "I have the only correct opinion and anyone who sees it differently or has any differing type of opinion is an utter moron" disease...

it runs rampant the world over man...

sadly so.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Too many folks these days have that "I have the only correct opinion and anyone who sees it differently or has any differing type of opinion is an utter moron" disease...

it runs rampant the world over man...

sadly so.
I honestly think it’s just laziness. It takes less effort to fight to defend something than to study alternate viewpoints and learn.

Jake of Pac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Agreed. Unfortunately I'll usually take a Stratics warning to be a 12-year old right back though D:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Agreed. Unfortunately I'll usually take a Stratics warning to be a 12-year old right back though D:
You’re pretty good at it I guess since your account has 0 warnings in its entire 7 year history right now haha

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I am still interested in if the glacial Pick Axe can be blessed or not. Is it all glacial items that cannot be blessed or just that one? That would be relevant and I would love to get a better understanding. It wouldn't be the 1st time UO did something that didn't make a ton of sense.

Nightly

Journeyman
They can all be blessed. There are not 2 versions of this doggy dupe, all will accept the item bless deed.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They can all be blessed. There are not 2 versions of this doggy dupe, all will accept the item bless deed.
I can't speak of the weps as I haven't tried in years but it is true for the spellbooks... if they're unblessed you can't bless them today. Some have mentioned to me in the past if there's zero spells in them you could but I've tried myself and it still doesn't work

Nightly

Journeyman
I blessed a couple weapons last week so I know from experience. My spell books have always been blessed so I cannot speak of them.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't speak of the weps as I haven't tried in years but it is true for the spellbooks... if they're unblessed you can't bless them today. Some have mentioned to me in the past if there's zero spells in them you could but I've tried myself and it still doesn't work
just saying could it matter on what blessed deed is used,