Hello!

Welcome to the Stratics community! Ready to talk games? Register today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. WELCOME HOME!
    Thank you everyone for your extreme patience while we moved everything.
    Now play nicely!
  3. As you may have noticed, we're experiences a few technical issues with our forum software.
    We're working on getting them fixed as soon as possible.
    If you experience any problems, please use this thread to report them: http://community.stratics.com/threads/welcome-home.322983/
    Thank you for your patience.
  4. RonBron the new owner of Stratics has posted a new message dedicated towards all those members of Staff that recently left Stratics Service.  You can find the Message Here.

Giving it a go ... again!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Retlaw of Vesper, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Retlaw of Vesper

Retlaw of Vesper Adventurer

I haven't played Siege since around 2004, but I do play production shards off and on as my schedule permits. Each time I start back up I say I'm going to play Siege again, but all my stuff is on LS and it makes doing things so much easier.

Well, after seeing some of the latest "come to Siege" posts I've decided easier is also getting boring, so time to give it a go. I have been logging in to collect all the holiday and anniversary rewards whenever my account was active, and so my bank box is full.

Do any of those items hold any value here? Not a complete list but I know I have various holiday candies/cards/boxes, Xmas decorations, Mondain statues, even those "thanks for playing" roses from way back when.

I am making a full list but won't bother posting if the general opinion, which I think I get the vibe from forum posts, is those items not being useful in combat are not really sought after.

Thanks in advance for any help and maybe see some of you around, even if I'm looking up from the cool dirt floor :)

- Wort of Britain (Siege)
    Domestic Packrat likes this.
  2. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper Staff Alumnus

Welcome back. I can't answer your question as well as others may. I will say it did not take long to amass a little wealth here following my return in the fall. I am glad to get together and share ideas.
  3. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

I would purchase holiday boxes from ya. just have to see what ya have.
  4. Symma

Symma Certifiable

Hello there! Welcome back to siege!
  5. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Seasoned Veteran

welcome back!
  6. Lady Raja

Lady Raja Sage

Oh yes... Welcome home! ;)

:mylittlepony: Thanks!
  7. Retlaw of Vesper

I'll put a list together in a new post just to see if there is any interest. Thanks for the replies.

Now I have to decide what my template will be, current skills are a mess of resource gathering and archery. I was reading through the UOHall post and it seems crafters are not in high demand? Not so much that the need isn't there but more that other people have it covered pretty well already? If that is so I'll work on a PvE template and finish out a ABC Archer. But if I got the wrong idea I would work back up gather and craft skills (hints as to which craft skills are in demand would be welcome).
  8. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Seasoned Veteran

dont conform to what you read. hehe. make a temp that you can play and have fun. you sound like a PvE archer is what you wanted to make. id go with that. if you prefer to make a crafter...go for. just do what is gonna make you happy! if you have the 2 accounts you can always do both and get the best of both worlds
    Hattori Hanzo likes this.
  9. UncleSham

UncleSham Certifiable

resource gatherers are indeed in high demand . it is true that there are already a bunch of crafters, but what we need are the ingredients to do so, especially the abyss resource drops. you can get good money for those, but really play what you like. you can always get soulstones and do both. ;)

i personally have all the crafting skills on soulstones, but i dont mind the competition. i really just have them to be sure i can service my own equipment and help others with basic goods. an honest crafter can still make a descent living here. with no insurance, people always need new stuff.

some of us still like the old rares even if you cant fight with them . id be happy to purchase some myself . it lines my hallways and helps give a new guy a start ? a win win in my book .

welcome to siege . feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  10. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Dark Outlaws Stratics Pro

TDO*

Welcome back
    Just go to New Magincia and take a look at the Bazaar vendors, that will tell you, what our crafters need. Almost everything needed for imbuing is in demand.
    I too may want to buy your holiday boxes :)
  11. Kael

Kael Certifiable

Imbuing supplies are always a good seller
  12. HoldenCaulfield

HoldenCaulfield Seasoned Veteran

Shadow Light

Welcome - if you have any bells, please let me know! Just don't trash anything for points, the items are more valuable.
  13. Retlaw of Vesper

Ok, here is the list if items I decided to part with (darn pack rat instinct kicked in). No idea if anything has value so accepting offers. TY

Heart Shaped Box
    Pile of Snow
    Tall Gift Box
    Valentines Day 2012 Card
    Throbbing Heart
    Fireworks Wand 100 Charge
    Fireworks Wand 500 Charge
    Anniversary Muffin (x3)
    Statue of Mondain
    Pink Basket
    9th Anniversary Coin
    Dark Chocolate
    Light of the Winter Solstice
    Crystal Begger Statue
    Cupid Statue
    Cupids Arrow 2012
  14. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Do you have anymore boxes?
  15. Retlaw of Vesper

Sorry, only the few that are listed. I got lucky and was able to place a house sooner than expected so the initial storage issue was no longer a concern.
  16. UncleSham

UncleSham Certifiable

so far those i have listings for come up to 23450 points you can get one point for 10 gold donated , but street value is typically half that. puts you roughly 117250 value . if you try appraising the ones i dont have listings for this may go up a bit . left click a trash barrel to get appraisal cursor , target item in question.
    im using the uoguide chart here :http://www.uoguide.com/Clean_Up_Britannia_(2011)

get me the name on that candle and any values i didnt have listed .

also i have heard a couple people want those statues so someone may outbid me on that , but mondain was really common so its likely cleanup fodder anyway.

get back to me with that name and numbers and ill give ya street value on them or turn them in yourself and get something for yourself from the list . that link i gave you has the rewards available on a second chart. but please hold of on trashing that candle till we know if hoffs will pay thru the nose for it =) id also hold off on that statue a little and see if anyone wants it . ask in general chat maybe. (i d trash it for points myself)

ps : ill make that full value just 'cause you're new =)
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  17. Retlaw of Vesper

Hand Dipped by Yeti Winter 2004
    Mondain Statue is Pink(ish)