• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Giant Beetle resist training

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,
I've been using blue beetles with my fishermen, and it's really annoying to have one killed quickly by a couple of water elem's (since you can't mount if poisoned badly)... My question is this:
According to the Stratics Hunter's Guide, giant beetles have a maximum Magic Resist of 80. Is that true?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That may be what they have 'wild', but I'm not aware of any creature that cannot have skills trained to GM after they have been tamed.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, they can be trained to GM. Some use New Haven to train resist, I simply park their rears in my Fel keep and have two accounts cast on them. Doesn't take long to GM resist, probably less than an hour.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Took one of my blue beetles to the Spellbinders in Old Haven, and he's up to 80.9 right now... So, apparently the Hunters Guide needs a revisit...

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you must have been typing while I was, but thx Aibal...