• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Client Ghosts Images

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes death monsters leave a standing ghost image of them as long you in the area. The only way to clear them is to log out and back in. In places like the void pool or gauntlet that can cause some problems if you use closes target . It will move on the ghost images event if its not a monster to kill.
When there are a lot of monsters you realy don't want to target somethign that is already death. :)

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Hi there,

I am witnessing the following problem constantly: After some time while killing a lot of monsters in one area, sometimes a monster will appear to just stand still in a certain area. This monster cannot be attacked, harmed, will not move or harm me. When checking with other players this monster doesnt even exist.

So it is probably only in my client due to a bug with caching I think. Needless to say it's extremely irritating if you cant tell danger from safety, especially with hard hitting monsters.

This happens to me regularly while using the latest EC with Pinco's UI.

Can anyone confirm this? I think this is maybe even related to the other bug here about wrong health bars.

- kongo

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I am witnessing the following problem constantly: After some time while killing a lot of monsters in one area, sometimes a monster will appear to just stand still in a certain area. This monster cannot be attacked, harmed, will not move or harm me. When checking with other players this monster doesnt even exist.

So it is probably only in my client due to a bug with caching I think. Needless to say it's extremely irritating if you cant tell danger from safety, especially with hard hitting monsters.

This happens to me regularly while using the latest EC with Pinco's UI.

Can anyone confirm this? I think this is maybe even related to the other bug here about wrong health bars.

- kongo
This issue will be fixed in the up coming publish.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not entirely. Ghosts of mobs are gone, ghosts of EVs cast by players still happen

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
not fixed for me. Happens very rarely now though. just seen a ghost rat man archer at despise fel

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do alot of pvp and these ghost images (which still occur) are one of the more troublesome bugs. Like Petra said, EV and RC ghosts do indeed persist more often, but the ghost player images are far more alarming in my particular case. I do use Pincos UI.
If Bleak was indeed successful in fixing the health bar issue this would be another terrific gameplay bug to tackle as well.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do alot of pvp and these ghost images (which still occur) are one of the more troublesome bugs. Like Petra said, EV and RC ghosts do indeed persist more often, but the ghost player images are far more alarming in my particular case. I do use Pincos UI.
If Bleak was indeed successful in fixing the health bar issue this would be another terrific gameplay bug to tackle as well.
This problem is not UI related, the mobiles are generated by the client and not by the UI... but this could be related to the video card since I've experienced the same thing on other games like diablo 3, xcom and torchlight 2.

Last edited:

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too have experienced the ghost images. Mainly in areas of high mob volume like dungeons or champ spawns. This is not limited to mobs, but includes players as well.

... but this could be related to the video card since I've experienced the same thing on other games like diablo 3, xcom and torchlight 2.
Interesting, but I'm not sold on the issue being a video card cause... I experienced a ghost image again last night running through a dungeon of high spawn while I was partied. Not only did the ghost image of my a partied player appear on screen, but the X on my map indicating where the player was located also was stuck in the same place. The player was actually further on in the dungeon, but the map did not update the X indicator to their location. This sounds to me like more of a client side issue.