• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Getting Started

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well starting over again somewhat sucks, once you establish a place to live in game and a template then all the stuff thats so new wow. Taming Masterys seem hard to aquire especially on a slower server, I do not pvp or do fel spawns so its going to be very difficult getting a Taming mastery 3 isnt it? I decided to try Catskills for the Role Play and my favorite skill is taming and some days I want to just give up....shopping there really isnt the best and people seem to be a little distant Ugh

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fel spawns are the best way to acquire level 3 masteries. On a less populated server you might get away with doing those without getting raided. Shopping is a problem everywhere except Atlantic. All the good stuff gets moved there because it sells faster and for more. It's a problem created through introduction of shard transfer shields. Unfortunately I have not seen any inclination from the devs to do anything about it.
I would not recommend starting with training taming. It's not rewarding until you are able to control a Cu or GD and training it CAN make you quit if that's all you are doing. Train some sort of a mage-mystic-necro. It's easy and you'll be able to hunt good stuff in no time. And you can train your tamer in parallel.
If you are not that far into training your tamer, does not hurt to see what other shards are like. Make a character, run around, talk to people. It might be worth it starting over somewhere else if Catskills is not to your liking.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I think Taming skill is easy to start. You needn't good equipment to use it. Any kind of 100 LRC suit is OK. Primer II and 120 PS shouldn't be expensive.