• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Getting REALLY MAD!,

G

I have been getting the boot and getting errors trying to get back in to EA land, and dieing for no reson at the bot factroy.
I have said in another post about getting the boot when startting the first round.
I have also died for no reson but thought it was a glitch or something.
but now enough is enough, i went to work today and it started good, there where 2 machines down and i was not nere them, didn't have any bots around me and next thing i knew was, I'm dead. oh great there gose another lost round and didn't know why, yeah i was upset but i went back i worked the last 2 rounds and right at the end, and i mean the end, zero sec left, i died, again no bots blowing up, no broken machine next to me, but died anyway. no moeny. yes i tryed to report it, all i got was "go here", then here" then here.

now if i can sum it up for the past 2 weeks i am out of lots of $$ for no reson. and getting real tired of it, yes we all have our up's and downs but when will it stop. i know that i am not the only one that this is happening to.
i think they can pay us for miss haps that are not do to our own faults.
we paying players are paying to play a game, not paying so they can fix anything that is a glitch or a bug.

I have been trying to stick it out knowing that most online games have updates, patches and stuff like that, but look at it, it's everyday, a update, a patch (it seems) theres always something.
when is it going to be done? really?

Gosh i can go on and on right now.

G

I have been having troubles stayin in factory too, have lost mass cash, and put stress on many sims that are left pickin up my posts.
I have 2 bots <machina & simbot> that are my factory workers.
I used to have a net problem, and get booted from my server alot, that has been updated and fixed! tg~
Now the bots are 23'in all the time! Alot just before the first round. If i dont go bk fast, when i do i at times find my sim dead...
When i want to work them, i delete the "bad File" and trashcan, then the whole laptop... so i know everything is fresh.
i heard that we should be deleting all letters, so i do that...too Am lost at what to do.
23ed today again, Sorry to the sims i was working with.
So i logged, might go play sims2.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I'd be happy to go to the factory with you and witness your deaths so you know exactly how and why you died.

If you are playing on a wireless connection , I suggest you get a less dangerous profession. I can't tell from your rant, if you are getting disconnected by the server or crashing to your desktop. There are many reasons for this to be happening to you.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I'd be happy to go to the factory with you and witness your deaths so you know exactly how and why you died.

If you are playing on a wireless connection , I suggest you get a less dangerous profession. I can't tell from your rant, if you are getting disconnected by the server or crashing to your desktop. There are many reasons for this to be happening to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made it through to Supra on a wireless connection, and I think in my entire "career" I died 2, possibly 3, times (always from being dinged by a bot). Someone who played "back then" and still plays now was telling me the other day that the factory has been changed a bit so that more deaths happen (less safe spots?), but I had not heard about wireless connections also being a factor.

I knew people who had problems with dial up, but now wireless, too?

Might the inexplicable deaths the OP speaks of be a bug?

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

Might the inexplicable deaths the OP speaks of be a bug?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah.......

I

imported_Cherri Bear

TTL...

I would just like to click on a neighborhood and buy a lot in that neighborhood.

I crash to desk-top within 5 seconds. And yes, there is a thread in the technical issues forum. But, there is not a solution to this problem. EA said they were working on a solution. Patiently waiting for that.

Tried for about 2-3 weeks now to buy a lot for one of my sims (aka: avatars)

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

TTL...

I would just like to click on a neighborhood and buy a lot in that neighborhood.

I crash to desk-top within 5 seconds. And yes, there is a thread in the technical issues forum. But, there is not a solution to this problem. EA said they were working on a solution. Patiently waiting for that.

Tried for about 2-3 weeks now to buy a lot for one of my sims (aka: avatars)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok There is definitely a solution/work-around to crashing to desktop every time you go to neighborhood view because I used. You have to go into your userdata folder, then empty the contents of each folder in that directory. Along with any .vst files in the userdata folder. I know there are a couple of text files that are named dont_delete...so don't delete those. Once I cleaned up my userdata directory I was able to zoom to neighborhood views and buy land again.

I work in the factory an average of 2 rounds per day and sometimes get in 3. I have not experienced any disconnect or unusual deaths with anyone that I work with.

Disconnection problems are usually related to your ISP, wireless connection, router or modem that you use to connect to the internet.

Crashing to desktop is different and a completely different set of solutions and work arounds exist depending on your individual problem.

I'm assuming that the problem is related to a disconnect issue because I have never heard anyone mention crashing to desktop at work unless it was trying to land.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have been getting the boot and getting errors trying to get back in to EA land, and dieing for no reson at the bot factroy.
I have said in another post about getting the boot when startting the first round.
I have also died for no reson but thought it was a glitch or something.
but now enough is enough, i went to work today and it started good, there where 2 machines down and i was not nere them, didn't have any bots around me and next thing i knew was, I'm dead. oh great there gose another lost round and didn't know why, yeah i was upset but i went back i worked the last 2 rounds and right at the end, and i mean the end, zero sec left, i died, again no bots blowing up, no broken machine next to me, but died anyway. no moeny. yes i tryed to report it, all i got was "go here", then here" then here.

now if i can sum it up for the past 2 weeks i am out of lots of $$ for no reson. and getting real tired of it, yes we all have our up's and downs but when will it stop. i know that i am not the only one that this is happening to.
i think they can pay us for miss haps that are not do to our own faults.
we paying players are paying to play a game, not paying so they can fix anything that is a glitch or a bug.

I have been trying to stick it out knowing that most online games have updates, patches and stuff like that, but look at it, it's everyday, a update, a patch (it seems) theres always something.
when is it going to be done? really?

Gosh i can go on and on right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know this is not funny to you, and I apologize in advance - but I can't stop laffing!

All I could think about while reading this was; Finally! Someone whose luck is as awful as mine!!

G

ok the last post got me lughing.
as for the rest,
1) i clean my mail jest about everyday,
2) i am on cable, not dial up nor air,

i worked 2 more work days and so far it was ok.

ps, Simbot. I know you..lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

I knew people who had problems with dial up, but now wireless, too?

[/ QUOTE ]Wireless connections tend to be somewhat high-latency, particularly if you are not in direct line-of-sight with the WAP, or if you use 128-bit WEP or a really complex WPA key.

With that said, I use a wireless network with a WPA key well in excess of 20 characters (about 248 bits), and have no problems. Vista seems more stable than XP with wireless connections, and the brand of wireless router can make a difference as well. Lastly, 802.11b (11Mb) is not recommended for MMORPGs.

G

I am on a wireless connection running vista. At one point I was 23ing approximately every 3 minutes on all 4 of my accounts. I went out and bought a new wireless router (the kind meant for gaming but I forget now exactly what it is called) and knock on wood &lt;knocks on head&gt; I have not had a single crash or 23 since then.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am on a wireless connection running vista. At one point I was 23ing approximately every 3 minutes on all 4 of my accounts. I went out and bought a new wireless router (the kind meant for gaming but I forget now exactly what it is called) and knock on wood &lt;knocks on head&gt; I have not had a single crash or 23 since then.

[/ QUOTE ]Exactly! A lot of the cheap routers being sold simply weren't designed to deal with the constant stream of high-speed traffic online games pour through them. Buying a good quality router can mean a world of difference for avid gamers.

I

imported_TraciRK

Have you tried repairing the game? You can when it first starts up on city selection screen.