• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Getting New Tamer temp ready...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So with the new Training just around the corner.....
getting a new Tamer ready....for Doom?

120 Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Veterinary
100 Archery
100 Anatomy
100 Chivalry
60 Tactics
Will set up a pet to use predominantly Fire attacks,

Does that sound like it could last down in the Gauntlet?
I'm open to other suggestions as to a survivable temp

Diamonas

Journeyman
Drop Anatomy to 80, drop Chivalry to 80, get Tactics to 100, more damage boost and use of all special attacks.
May want to drop Chivalry to 60 and bump Archery to 120.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have used that temp for a long time on Kylie and it is effective. You can easily have access to 850+ skill points with items... The only difference in your temp and Kylie's is I carry healing on that temp as well. I carry invis pots for when I am targeted then let the meat shield do it's job.

items off the top of my head..
Stitchers Mittens
Arms of Tactical Excellence
Hunters Headress
Ring and Brace with +45 temp appropriate skills (even easier with imbuing but I prefer the non durability ones)

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Is Archer the way to go in Doom?
How does an Archer Tamer compare to a Disco Tamer in Doom?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Is Archer the way to go in Doom?
How does an Archer Tamer compare to a Disco Tamer in Doom?
I have never tried a Disco/Tamer, mainly because I have never had the patience or desire to train Disco.. So it is just sheer speculation when I say I believe a Disco/Tamer would have a pretty hard time with Dark Fathers these days. I do use my Archer/Tamer over my Mage/SW/Tamer when I am running Gauntlet because the archer temp is so much easier there.

Diamonas

Journeyman
Here is my Disco/Provo Tamer template

Animal Taming 75+10+15+15+5 120
Animal Lore 105+10+5 120
Meditation 90 15+15 = 120
Magery 90 +15+15=120
Musicianship 120
Provocation 120
Discordance 120

First number is base skill, after that is item mods.

I run the bard masteries for Provocation normally for static healing and buffs to pet.
My suit allows for me to run both songs and chain cast Greater Heal if the Greater dragon even requires it.
Also Discording the mobs help, also Provocation helps with large volume spawn or adds from bosses.

Just have to be aware of your surroundings.
I keep 120 Vet stoned for pet ressing.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
What does this mean?
The new pet revamp allows you to use power scrolls on pets somehow (I still do not fully understand it).. so they will be increasing in value and scarce most likely.

Diamonas

Journeyman
After next patch I will be running a Customer Dodge with Life Leech, Healing, Parry and Meditation

Resists and stats as high as possible.

Diamonas

Journeyman
The new pet revamp allows you to use power scrolls on pets somehow (I still do not fully understand it).. so they will be increasing in value and scarce most likely.
Kylie hit the nail on the head. Any and all skills trainable to pets as of the revamp, the scrolls for those skills will become scarce and valuable. This will cause taming to be a Very Very expensive but worth while endeavour in UO.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
After next patch I will be running a Customer Dodge with Life Leech, Healing, Parry and Meditation

Resists and stats as high as possible.
I thought "Customer Dodge" was some sort of telephone scammer..

Sent from mTalk

LOL...

That temp does sound about like the typical EA rep once you actually get them on the phone though... along with 120 hope crushing.. ;)

Diamonas

Journeyman
Ouch, the pay would be better as a EA rep then where I am at currently.

But I couldn't live with working for them. To many bad decisions on there end involving games.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kylie hit the nail on the head. Any and all skills trainable to pets as of the revamp, the scrolls for those skills will become scarce and valuable. This will cause taming to be a Very Very expensive but worth while endeavour in UO.
Don't forget Mesanna has "strongly" hinted they are going to make Powerscrolls Shard bound also...

Diamonas

Journeyman
Shard bound power scrolls will be a Nightmare for PvM players as guilds will control the flow of the items into the game across all shards given the opertunity.

People who think solo farming will be allowed are having a wet dream.

Overnight the script farming gold selling sites will monopolize the change, using the PvPers as a proxy to allow them access and pay certain players/bots to control the flow with real life cash.

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi,

I just want to show you my own temp that im running lately since last patches. Ive been running this temp for many years and i can say its finally worth with late changes.
(Before that i was running ultimate archer,chiv,tact,lore,tame,vet,disco,music - putting on +30 music/disco to disco bosses)

Now my skills looks like this:
95 arch (+25 huntress and quiver -thinking about to add +vet jewells and go 120 arch with hld glasses)
60 tact
120 chiv (dmi, ssi, hci)
120 sw
120 tame
120 lore
85 vet

Im running 3/6 or 4/6 with fc bow (2/6 jewells + town bonus + bow) so healing yourself is fast and worth with max karma (super fast 40 hp heals and cure/remove curse) the only downside is that my long range heal is only gift of renewal so tanky bushido hiryu or cu sidhe works the best.

One of the most important parts with this temp is going human because of passive 20 necro/ss so i can cast wrait form with +necro items (after removing necro items human still stay in wrait form and elves not) and just drain all mana from bosses and having a lot of mana for almost a nonstop ai chain.

Mostly using this temp with Disco Cu Sidhe on bosses and its super worth!!

For example Lady Melisande (last week ive soloed grizzle but his aura is just lame vs fighters....) is soloable quite easily. Just cast gift of renewal on pet and use Hit Fatigue composite bow (can have hit mana drain also for faster mana drop) so you drop meli on 0 stam and mana (thanks to wrait form 11% mana drain) about when she is 1/2 or 2/3 hp. After her stam/mana is 0 she cant damage cu sidhe enough to get him low and even with her huge mana pool she will not cast big spells.

Your ai with slayer bow and EOO will hit for +- 160 (not that big but cu sidhe is doing a lot also and with his disco he will hit a lot and even bit harder)

At spawns im fighting with fire beetle that is using goo and im running wrait form with sdi jewells and just spamming thunderstorm for first levels. (Wrait form keeps your mana pool up)

Im still waiting for some op legendary artifact jewells and armors so i can boost dmg with more tactics and anatomy but i know almost noone in Europa so its hard to farm them for me. (Playing solo 95% of the time :/ )

Hope this can give you some new view on archer tamer templates.

Feel free to ask me for any additional info or catch me on Europa on character Seraphim (or dragoon Ansatsusha)

Keep up the good work guys i love wierd templates ;)

Seraphim

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hi,

the only downside is that my long range heal is only gift of renewal so tanky bushido hiryu or cu sidhe works the best.
Nice temp..

only suggestion I would have is get the level 3 taming mastery and run the Consume Damage in those instances where you need to heal from a distance. You can put enough MR on your suit to where it would not impact you too badly with chaining AI and leeching mana. The suit I have for my mage/sw/tamer actually increases 1 mana each time the Consume Damage hits.

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Nice temp..

only suggestion I would have is get the level 3 taming mastery and run the Consume Damage in those instances where you need to heal from a distance. You can put enough MR on your suit to where it would not impact you too badly with chaining AI and leeching mana. The suit I have for my mage/sw/tamer actually increases 1 mana each time the Consume Damage hits.
Ou yea thanks you are right i forgot to mention this. I can easily maintain empowerment (i dont have level 3 mastery) while regular shooting in wrait form (even without) and on high mana pool targets like Meli i am mostly doing 2x AI + 1-2x normal attack and i never run out of mana (i only have 67 mana pool thanks to high strenght because of 95 str armor parts :x).
And yea i dont have a lot MR now (8 only) but i will try to get some legendary parts to get more :)

btw i am hazarding with idea to make sw/mage/tamer for a long time but im too lazy atm.. :)))

jjcappe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Just curious how the template worked for doom? I tried doom with my tamer running consume damage and couldn't get past the DF. I would get it down to about 80% and then just be overrun with spawn. Goo on the fire beetle didn't seem overly effective in taking out the spawn.