• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Getting back into UO

B

Banchee

So after a year break I activated my account. I had a few characters on Baja which were quite well known. Anyway I signed up for KR, logged in and couldn't change to the 2d version. The 3d version is so buggy that I have a hard time picking things off the ground. I can't even mine let alone fight a monster of even attempt at pvp. How do I switch back to the 2d version?
Also, all the menus are in ******** places and hard to figure out. I mean I played the game since beta before I quit and I can't do anything with this new bull****. Wtf happend to this game? I hope I didn't waste $36 or whatever reactvating this crap I see before me for 3 months. Anyone that can give me advice to restore the client to the 2d version the way it was a few year ago please help before I delete this game off my hard drive!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Banchee, I stink at a lot of this computer stuff but it sounds like you're having the same problems that Leyf Bolden was having. Look just below your post to the one named "Kingdom of Dawn and the Baja Roleplayers Alliance attend "A Christmas Carol" post. Orianna posted in reply to Leyf and actually has a link for you to download the 2D client. I hope this is what you're looking for and if not, I apologize.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're using UOA, there is an option to have it launch the 2D client instead.

If you're not using UOA, then simply installing only the 2D client should suffice. But if your KR client is being buggy, there might be some other problem at hand? Maybe you need to update your video card drivers?

I'd try a re-install first.

B

Biske

If you're using UOA, there is an option to have it launch the 2D client instead.

If you're not using UOA, then simply installing only the 2D client should suffice. But if your KR client is being buggy, there might be some other problem at hand? Maybe you need to update your video card drivers?

I'd try a re-install first.
reinstall wont do any good. with the new kr client it is an entirely different program, its not like the old 2d/3d clients. Its like you have to download an entirely different game for the "legacy" client, which is what you call the 2d client now. You are going to either have to get an old 2d client cd and go through a lot of patching, or find a place where you can download the 2d client. Take KR out of the equation entirely. You can consider it a whole nother game.

B

Balian of Asgard

reinstall wont do any good. with the new kr client it is an entirely different program, its not like the old 2d/3d clients. Its like you have to download an entirely different game for the "legacy" client, which is what you call the 2d client now. You are going to either have to get an old 2d client cd and go through a lot of patching, or find a place where you can download the 2d client. Take KR out of the equation entirely. You can consider it a whole nother game.
I concur, DL, the old version and patch it.