• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Getting back into the game?

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello! My husband and I are long time players, and are returning to the game after some time away. I am wondering what the best way to get back into the game is, such as doing a peerless ect. I tend to be rather shy, so I probably wouldn't go and invite myself to some elses group lol. So, should I join a guild that does them or wait until there is a community event? I appreciate any advice you all can send my way

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Kristy, I think the answers would depend a lot on what shard you're on - which one? Also, are your templates and suits fully updated - that would be a first priority for me. Are you starting with a lot of gold, or do you need to go out and get gold? Just a few suggestions for some information to get you started

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Kristy, I think the answers would depend a lot on what shard you're on - which one? Also, are your templates and suits fully updated - that would be a first priority for me. Are you starting with a lot of gold, or do you need to go out and get gold? Just a few suggestions for some information to get you started
Well, I am on Lake Superior. I usually do that kind of stuff on my archer, and she kind of just has the basic arch/anat/tact/heal/hide template. She has a full 70 suit on, no arties or anything like that (never really understood how to put a suit together ), Im not in the billions of gold rich or anything, but I am not totally broke either lol. Hope this is enough information?

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I am on Lake Superior. I usually do that kind of stuff on my archer, and she kind of just has the basic arch/anat/tact/heal/hide template. She has a full 70 suit on, no arties or anything like that (never really understood how to put a suit together ), Im not in the billions of gold rich or anything, but I am not totally broke either lol. Hope this is enough information?
Hi there and welcome back!

Not sure how long you've been back but in case it's been a few years, UO now has a world chat that works.

I play 2d version so to get in world chat in 2d, click chat in UO toolbar, then click general for general chat, then click join at the bottom.

You will be able to listen to everyone else who is speaking in gen chat at the time.

Certainly you will hear PKs word warring, but sometimes you will also hear about pick up groups, pugs, forming to do things like peerless.

To speak yourself in chat channels, use comma first.

Hope that helps a little.

Again welcome back.

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi there and welcome back!

Not sure how long you've been back but in case it's been a few years, UO now has a world chat that works.

I play 2d version so to get in world chat in 2d, click chat in UO toolbar, then click general for general chat, then click join at the bottom.

You will be able to listen to everyone else who is speaking in gen chat at the time.

Certainly you will hear PKs word warring, but sometimes you will also hear about pick up groups, pugs, forming to do things like peerless.

To speak yourself in chat channels, use comma first.

Hope that helps a little.

Again welcome back.
Oh wow! I totally forgot about general and LFG chat, thanks for the reminder :) And thanks for the welcome back!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't have any characters on Lake Superior but trust those who do will look for you. Good advice from A Slave Girl. If you were on Atlantic, where I've been spending most of my time, I'd tell you to use the help channel and not the general channel in general chat, but it may be the only shard with enough people to have an active help channel. Welcome back.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My advice is dump the husband and meet me at the music conservatory in Britain. Let us make beautiful music together.

Welcome back.

http://www.haneke.net/ do not click this please

T

Tazar

LS has a very active EM as well. You might want to watch for - and attend - EM events for larger group activites and as a way to meet people.

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thank you all so very much for all the advice! I think I might be able to jump in this week and get into some trouble doing some fun stuff! Thanks again! :) :)