• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gettin' back into UO after 7 yrs need template

Jandruz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm about to get back into UO after 7 years away. So much has changed, I almost feel lost as I've been reading through the forums/stratics site.

I need my first char to be a decent money maker...one that doesn't take too long to train up.

Can this be accomplished with a bard? If so, will someone recommend a good template?

Thanks!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you returning with ANY existing characters?

Jandruz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope :( I'm currently doing a 14 day free trial of Mondain's Legacy to make sure I really want to get back into this.

C

Capt.E

The scrolls are by far the least expensive.

Training it up to 120 takes quite a bit of time. Especially the first time. If you follow the guides it will go much faster.

It is an extremely powerful template. You can make a ton of gold off of the spiders in dreadhorn with provoke.

As far as soloing peerless or running doom, it is probably a notch below sampires or tamers.

It is a very good template for doing SA spawns.

Eventually you may add disco to taming and have possibly the strongest non-gear dependant templates in the game.

I wish I had started my bards a little earlier in my UO career, but I can't live without the 3 I now have.

Disco tamer
Provo thunter
Provo weaver

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if your looking to start cheap and easy and get operational and flowing gold youll wanna go with the swinging metal.

warriors are cheap and easy to make, same as allways.

once you have one of those going and the gold coming in then id start to specialize into the bard and or tamers and such.

but at low end bard your not really gonna be making much gold.

at high end, definatlly.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
just call me Mr. Tips

R

Rainfo X

How is it going, Jandruz?

I wanted to add my input that just because being a bard is sometimes a long, often frustrating road, does not mean it's not worth it. I would say to play a bard if you are really interested in it. The skill just takes a long time to level.

I have never played a melee bard, but I figured this was a good opportunity to brainstorm a template, so here is what I think would work (disco melee):

Swordsmanship (or other fighting skill)
Tactics
Anatomy
Chivalry
Musicianship
Discordance

with a 700 skill cap you could take 90 anat/healing and 70 chiv with +skills on jewelry