• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tactics] General skill question.

• Thread starter Chocolate Moose
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Chocolate Moose

What does 120 tactics give you versus 90 tactics, and what are the perks of having 120 anatomy?

The reason I ask is because I have always had 120 tactics on my template, and I was rethinking my template to fit 30 more points of meditation or anatomy on it. So, I figured if I DIDN'T have 120 tactics my armor ignores would do less than 35, but when I tested it the damage was in fact 35 on someone who was all 70's. So, what is the point of having 120 tactics? Does it give you a greater chance to hit? Or what?

Thanks in advance for helping me, and sorry for the short story!

V

Vaneca

It depends on your overall Damage-influencing properties.
DI on suit, Anatomy and Tactics ofc. Lumber aswell if you got an Axe weapon.

120 Tac and Ana is mainly for PvM Tbh.
Or to boost your Damage dealt by a regular hit (without special).
Thats the only thing I can think of where it would have any effect in PvP aswell.

But I´d rather go for 120 Anatomy than 120 Tactics for the matter of more hp healed and only 5% less damage in comparison to 120 Tactics.

If you got the points free tho, you can ofc legend both.

Really depends on what you like

C

Chocolate Moose

Yeah, I thought so. The template I am running is:
120 swrds
120 parry
120 bushido
120 tactics
90 healing
90 anatomy
55 meditation

Will lowering tactics have any effects on Bushido critical hits? If not, I will definitely drop it for 85 med or 120 anatomy.

Also, how many more damage points will 120 anatomy heal?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're going to finaggle things, I'd recommend going 100 tact/100 anat. That way you get the evasion boost and free up some skill points for med.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I thought so. The template I am running is:

Also, how many more damage points will 120 anatomy heal?
90 and 90 you will heal 33 to 55 damage maximum.

at 90 healing and 120 anatomy you will heal 38 to 60 damage maximum.

Your choice in how you roll with it and what you are most comfortable with. For some people the extra HP do not matter, for some eeking out all they can is extremely important.

N

NickyDishes

so in other words having 120 tactics instead of 90 wont do all that much more damage in pvp.......all my char have 90 tactics for pvp......but people tell me to 120 tactics to do more damage....but in all reality putting those 30 points into another skill would make me more effective?

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so in other words having 120 tactics instead of 90 wont do all that much more damage in pvp.......all my char have 90 tactics for pvp......but people tell me to 120 tactics to do more damage....but in all reality putting those 30 points into another skill would make me more effective?
I was discussing anatomy, but many people on here would argue that your points would be more effective elsewhere, as would I. I only know a percentage of people who believe the 120 tactics is worth its weight in gold. To me, the 30 points are better spent elsewhere. I only even go to GM if in the case of a dexxer template using bushido where I also have anatomy. Otherwise, I do not even worry about it. I stay much at 90 like you.

V

Vaneca

Btw Lynk is right.
Never forget to have atleast 100 tac and ana on bush parry.
For the maximum power of Evasion

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw Lynk is right.
Never forget to have atleast 100 tac and ana on bush parry.
For the maximum power of Evasion
Thanks to PUB 43, you receive a 2 second bonus if your bushido is above GM and both tactics and anatomy are GM or better.

That is why you do this on a bushido dexxer. Anything else...doesn't matter.

C

Chocolate Moose

Tested that theory on TC1 and it doesn't seem to make a difference. When I set my anatomy and tactics at 90, and set bushido at 120 I get an 8 second evasion. After that I tried what you were saying by boosting tactics and anatomy to 100 and it was still an 8 second evasion.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tested that theory on TC1 and it doesn't seem to make a difference. When I set my anatomy and tactics at 90, and set bushido at 120 I get an 8 second evasion. After that I tried what you were saying by boosting tactics and anatomy to 100 and it was still an 8 second evasion.
Well now don't beat the messenger dead. I was just delivering you the news. In theory it should be longer but...yeah. Things don't always work out that way in UO land.

C

Chocolate Moose

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off like that, I was just sayin! :p I wish it would have been longer though. Would have been worth it to GM anatomy and tactics for it. :pancakes:

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off like that, I was just sayin! :p I wish it would have been longer though. Would have been worth it to GM anatomy and tactics for it. :pancakes:
Well I was being more sarcastic than anything. I don't offend easy. I do agree though...the formula seems a little broken from time to time.

By the way, did you use a 2 handed weapon while doing your tests? Just curious.

Haven't been to test in some time.

C

Chocolate Moose

No, I didn't try it with a two handed weapon. I used a 1h kryss, heh. But I doubt that it would have any effects on evasion tbh. :cursing:

C

Chaosy

No, I didn't try it with a two handed weapon. I used a 1h kryss, heh. But I doubt that it would have any effects on evasion tbh. :cursing:
Using a 2-handed weapon allows you to parry more, resulting in a more effective evasion.