• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General House Questions

B

Bamboozle

I just placed a new house. Im a complete house n00b.

13x15 lot. I made the walls on all 4 stories.

A few problems.

1. I cant see the front half of the interior of floor #1. All I see is the outside walls of the front and sides, and the back 1/2 of the interior of the room. How do I change this so that I see the entire floorplan when I walk through the front door just like other buildings?

2. I cant figure out how to lockdown and secure things.

3. Where can I buy basic furniture? Some chests for storage, cabinets, tables, etc.....Nothing fancy just basic stuff. I looked at a few different towns at the provisioner and carpenter but nada.

4. I cant get up to floor #2 lol!!! I made a staircase, but when I get to the top I simply fall to floor #1 again. Do I need to put floors or something?

Jeeez after 210K Im thinking I just should have bought a premade.

Help appreciated. TY!

B

Bamboozle

Here is a screen capture to give you an idea of what I am trying to explain regarding both the stairs, as well as the visual issues on the front half of the house.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Putting in floor tiles on all the floors should solve your problems 1, 2, and 4.

You may have some luck finding vendors placed by players that sell the furniture you're looking for. Or, start working on lumberjacking and making a carpenter so you can make your own items.

Good places to begin to look for player-placed vendors on most shards include the following: near the Britain and Yew moongates in Trammel; outside the walls of Zento in Tokuno (use the middle gate for Tokuno, i.e., Makoto-Jima); to the east of the Homare-Jima gate in Tokuno (stay on the road and don't wander far off from the houses; on either side of the road west of Umbra in Malas, all the way up to Luna; and around Luna inside the walls and outside of the walls.

B

Bamboozle

I placed floor tiles on floor 1 no problem.

I tried placing floor tiles on floor #2 but it wouldnt let me place them hardly anywhere. They were all red colored meaning that they were "illegal" or something.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
possibly what's happening is that you are not covering the entire floor with floor tiles... if they don't anchor on the walls on the floor below they have no support and therefor are illegal tiles

I've never built a house in KR, so I'm not certain everything in the building menu functions as it should. Since you are in the early stages of construction I would suggest going into construction mode and deleting the south and east walls of each floor above the first and then placing the floor tiles, this way you can see if they reach each wall. Cover the entire floor, even over the stairs. The only tiles that turn orange should be the ones that absolutely need removing over the stairwell. Replace the walls on the floor you just did then move up to the next one.

The commands are:
I wish to lock this down. (use for deco items)
I wish to secure this. (use for containers and then set security on the container)
I wish to release this. (use to release any lockdown or secure)