• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Gems!

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you use yours for? Why are they worth so much?

Other than turquoise (used for turw ring for ssi) and perfect emerald (KWC for relics) i have about 150 gems, and no idea what to do with them... other than maybe make ecru citrine rings.

But! with imbuing how do properties like 5 SSI, 2 mana/health regen, 50 enhance pots contribute to property weight?

Is it worth tinkering some rings for extra regen/EP etc?

Many thanks,

garm.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5 SSI - Weight 18
50 EP - Weight 200
HPR/MR - Weight 100

It takes hundreds of special gems to get the right ring and they are wasted upon failure. They are all worth it and you can tinker then imbue nice rings for a variety of suits. The special property does take an imbuing property slot too.

The gems are also used as special ingredients for imbuing reference the materials needed here:
http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=31013

-Lorax

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great info thankyou! Any other uses for thee little things guys?
Oh you wanted all the items listed that they are used for? Wow. I think if you look at all the weapons, armor and jewelry from the ML and SA release they are used extensively. Listing those would take too much time. You can go to uoguide or stratics and find all the ML items.

You could even use them for house decorations.

-Lorax

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh you wanted all the items listed that they are used for? Wow. I think if you look at all the weapons, armor and jewelry from the ML and SA release they are used extensively. Listing those would take too much time. You can go to uoguide or stratics and find all the ML items.

You could even use them for house decorations.

-Lorax
No no, that'd just be lazy of me!

I more meant for example i use citrines, emeralds and turquoise as they are particularly useful - i wondered whether there were other similair things like SSI/ KWCleavers that i was not aware of. I've checked uoguide and found every possible thing they can be used for, and was going to burn them all on mana regen bracers etc... just wanted to make sure i wasn't wasting them first.

Maybe i'll try to save some for imbuing etc :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some of the property imbues use the Gems.

I know that at least one group of properties requires the Fire Rubies to Imbue at high level.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of the other recipes can create relics, just not as reliable as the knights war cleaver. Brilliant amber, fire ruby, blue diamond, and turquoise are used for imbuing. Blue diamond in addition can be used to make crushed glass (smithing) and dark saphire can be used to make void orbs. I forgot to include that dark saphire, brilliant amber, and perfect emerald can be used as barter for other imbuing ingredients in quests.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of the other recipes can create relics, just not as reliable as the knights war cleaver. Brilliant amber, fire ruby, blue diamond, and turquoise are used for imbuing. Blue diamond in addition can be used to make crushed glass (smithing) and dark saphire can be used to make void orbs. I forgot to include that dark saphire, brilliant amber, and perfect emerald can be used as barter for other imbuing ingredients in quests.
That's awesome to know as i dont have SA yet, so probably would have wasted quite a few, thanks again!

Think i might hold onto them for now...