• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gem Cart/Tree Stump?

A

Aboo

I may be showing my stupidity here but I am going to ask anyway.

How do you get the gems/ore off the gem/ore cart or the wood off of the tree stump? I thought you would just double click on them, but I just get that message that you have to wait or whatever it is when you try to do things too fast.

D

Deb

I know I double clicked on them yesterday, but doesn't seem to be working
today that way. And I just patched up so not sure.

D

Devil_Woman

The design doc at uo.com says you double-click. If you can't get that to work maybe you should send in a bug report (be nice! :D).

A

Aboo

I know I double clicked on them yesterday, but doesn't seem to be working
today that way. And I just patched up so not sure.
I just tried it a few mins ago so maybe it would have worked yesterday. Thanks for the reply!

A

Aboo

The design doc at uo.com says you double-click. If you can't get that to work maybe you should send in a bug report (be nice! :D).
I have to be nice???? I think I am out of nice after putting up with certain people this weekend.

Okay I am going to check again but if it doesn't work, where do I send in the bug report to?

P.S. All I get is "You must wait to perform another action." Nothing more and I don't get any gems/ore/logs.

L

Lord Drakelord

Since there is no downtime maint period on Test Center, like the other shards, I would assume they will not work till they go live on a shard like Origin for further testing??

Its like the new seeds on TC, we cannot grow them till they have a grown period, they will remain as seeds, so I been told.

D

Deb

It seems the ones prior to the patch no longer work and the ones I
selected after the patch do work. Maybe somethingto do with the Cliloc errors.
I did send in a bug report just in case.

A

Aboo

Thanks. Did you happen to take yours up and replace and see if they worked then?

D

Deb

That worked...but when I chopped the cart it left the gems on floor.
Can't pick them up, kind of like the boiling stew bug we had.

L

Lord Drakelord

Thanks. Did you happen to take yours up and replace and see if they worked then?

The stump I had before did not work, I redeeded it and place again and this time I got 20 logs [frostwood] from it, talk about shocking, I have not seen 20 logs of frostwood since they random wood spawning. I hope they let us keep that daily spawn of 20 logs.

D

Deb

And the braziers fire graphic works now, which is totally awesome:love:

A

Aboo

The stump I had before did not work, I redeeded it and place again and this time I got 20 logs [frostwood] from it, talk about shocking, I have not seen 20 logs of frostwood since they random wood spawning. I hope they let us keep that daily spawn of 20 logs.
:danceb::danceb::danceb:

I axed both of mine. As Deb said it left the gems on the ground that cannot be picked up but it's the gem image of the gems on top of the cart.

When I asked them I got the following:

Gem Cart:
5 Emeralds
5 Diamonds
5 Rubies

Tree Stump:
10 Heartwood Logs
20 Oak Logs

Attachments

D

Darian

Does anyone know the answer to this question? The update center said the ore cart would spawn INGOTS but my ore carts are spawning ORE. Is this a bug or did the update center give out bad info? Should I wait to collect from the carts in the hope that they fix them?

A

Aboo

Does anyone know the answer to this question? The update center said the ore cart would spawn INGOTS but my ore carts are spawning ORE. Is this a bug or did the update center give out bad info? Should I wait to collect from the carts in the hope that they fix them?
It does say ingots (btw I never noticed that until you brought it up) but my cart has always given me ore. I prefer the ore because when smelted it gives twice the ingots (i.e. 10 ore = 20 ingots).

R

Righteous

It does say ingots (btw I never noticed that until you brought it up) but my cart has always given me ore. I prefer the ore because when smelted it gives twice the ingots (i.e. 10 ore = 20 ingots).
You may get 20 ingots, I have yet to get 20 Valorite ingots with my 105 mining. I seem to always fail once or twice.

Righteous

A

Aboo

You may get 20 ingots, I have yet to get 20 Valorite ingots with my 105 mining. I seem to always fail once or twice.

Righteous
You are correct, but I would gladly trade the valorite ingots for double the others. I usually take just 2 valorite ore at a time to smelt, that way I have a better chance of not losing as much.

D

Darian

Righteous
Thanks guys for your input. At least I know it's not just me. Likewise I would rather have ingots because I got my carts mainly for those now all so elusive valorite ingots. I guess I should have got one cart to see how it worked before commiting all my reward slots. Oh well live and learn.

J

J0KING

Sssshhhh about getting ore instead of the ingots ;)

As far as smelting the Val ore, I have always done them 1-2 at a time due to the loss... one of my saddest moments as a miner was when I went to smelt a stack of 500 Val and failed twice... ever since then I bothered to take the time to smelt at lower increments.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrr, me miner always be carryin' a small piece of the ores gold and up with which ta combine the larger pieces. Then he can decide the size o' the piles he done wish ta smelt, and lose less!