• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GD Taming Suit

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ok I am a peace/tamer

120 taming, lore, vet, music, peace
100 magery
20 med
720 total real skill

I want to make a suit to tame GD's and before I waste a bunch of ingredients, I am going to verify here.

Needed for sure
85 Physical Resist (for when protection is cast)
70 Fire Resist (Does this cap at 70 or should it be higher for flame strike and fire breath?)

Do the other resists actually need to be 70 since it does 100% physical damage?

Besides 100 LRC and 40 LMC, what else would help me specifically with GD's?'
I have jewelry and one hand weapon/shield available as well (need to be able to chug invis/heal/cure pots)

Thanks!!

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fire resists cap. The only reason to overcap it is for corpse skin, but you don't need to worry about that with GD's. As DJAd pointed out, hit point increase and perhaps hit point regen would be high on my list, just because the things hit so hard.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Reforge 30% fire eater on it, and maybe 30% physical eater too.
Those can save your life.

I'd also go with studded for reinforcing it up to 75% fire and physical resist.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Building up honor and using it for taming would be way easier than using a special armour suit. Animals befriended with the honor effect are not aggroing you when you anger them while taming. Peacemaking breaks easily on a gd and sets the skill timer for a taming attempt. Follower of Honor (2'nd tier) is usually long anough to tame a gd with 120 taming and it doenst really take long to get there.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Building up honor and using it for taming would be way easier than using a special armour suit. Animals befriended with the honor effect are not aggroing you when you anger them while taming. Peacemaking breaks easily on a gd and sets the skill timer for a taming attempt. Follower of Honor (2'nd tier) is usually long anough to tame a gd with 120 taming and it doenst really take long to get there.
I do that when I see one that I absolutely want to have but I enjoy taming the hard way at times too. :)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay so HP Inc and HP Regen...good stuff :)

I never thought about the damage eaters at all :)

Is 30% the cap on the different damage eaters?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Kinetic, fire, cold, poison and energy eaters cap at 30%.
All purpose damage eater property caps at 18%.

GDragons damage are mostly fire and physical, so kinetic and fire would cover both bases.
They can be hard to get, so I would focus on getting 30% fire eater over kinetic eater. The firebreath is 100% fire, and the biggest problem you have with a GD.
30% fire eater would heal you 20HP 3 seconds after being hit with a 60 dmg firebreath.