• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gathering Wood

M

Maia

I apologise in advance for something that has probably been asked many, many times but I am having a very hard time finding any "guide" or "information" of any sort concerning getting all types of wood. I believe I have read that any tree at any time will produce any of the types of woods up to the level of your skill.

Right now my character's level is at 91.1. She consistently gets only ordinary wood and oak. Only twice has she gotten a bit of ash but she was a lower level at the time.

Where can I go for help to find out how to get all the types of wood.

Thank you for any help.

C

cheerful

As you have already said the spawn areas change constantly and from what i have read the top woods are very rare to find. Chop,chop,chop i'm afraid.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
First after Ash is Yew at 95 skill I am afraid, so need more practice. Only gets really interesting at 100 with Heartwood, Bloodwood and Frostwood becoming available, if u ever manage to find a tree with it.

There is debate on whether it is better to keep hugging the same few trees and change them yourself (after a while), or keep roaming forests in hope of the elusive wood types... I myself switch both tactics a bit, think the first works better, but roaming can be nice at times... ;)

Hope this helps!!
Tabby ;)

M

Maia

Thanks to both of you "cheerful" and "Tabby Kapak" for the great information. Now I know it is not because I am doing something wrong. I just need to continue wearing out axes. :)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you just want to raise your skill rather quickly, then I have two tips for you that might help:

- Lumberjacking raises even when you are fighting with an axe. So if you want a bit of swordmanship on your lumber-man as well, go fight monsters with an axe and you can raise two skills at the same time

- There are still some almost-magic trees in Delucia / Felluca. They don't give endless supplies of wood bit still A LOT! So if you want to chop away for skill gains, go to the trees between the exit of the passage and the water (basically just around the corner from the passage) and chop away. I GMed here in a very short time and got lots of wood from here :)

Maybe this helps a bit ...