• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gathering] Meet & Greet - Thursday, January 6th, at 8:00pm CST

EM_Acies

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
There will be a Meet & Greet held at the EM Hall in Britain, Trammel (8°10’N 12°39’E) on Thursday, January 6th, at 8:00pm CST (6:00pm PST, 7:00pm MST, 9:00pm EST). The evening’s subject will be on catching up with current events, future plans, and of course – introductions!

Hope to see everyone there!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Re: [Gathering] Meet & Greet - Saturday, January 8th, at 8:00pm CST

Let me be the first to welcome our new EM overlord...

:)

BTW, if other EM staff hasn't mentioned it to you, go to the island in the Divide of the Abyss. There's a house there on the NW end of the island that belonged to an EM many years back, who ran both good and evil events (and this was his evil character's home). Be sure you go there with your invunerability flag on, or it will be a short trip.

There are a lot of older players who would like to see that space utilized for events again - though dredging up details of where that arc was going (at the time, tiny LA was considered to be having one of the best EM story arcs) might be hard.

When that arc ended due to the yearly EM stuff ending (then no events for a year or two), we were sort of left in a end-of-The-Empire-Strikes-Back sort of cliffhanger, with the heroic EM character dead, and the minotaur general turning sides and joining the good guys after the evil EM character turned all his fallen warriors into undead monstrosities DURING the assault on Luna.

The bad guy (and maybe his corrupted nephews) left the field, and we we left hanging.

Do your own events, for sure, but we'd like to see that plot loose end resolved somewhere down the road (the Bane Chosen events actually give a good opportunity to tie that up, perhaps making that villain a first attempt at an assault by Virtue Bane). Even if we find Mortaigne Navarre was killed by Virtue Bane for his failure, somewhere off-screen, would be better than no resolution to the old events at all (and if you can find a use for him, even better).

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

what i recall...
martel nevarre was the king of britain, his brother sir mortagne was a royal guard commander who became an apprentice of a powerful lich lord. mortagne created and commanded the legion of chaos and decided that luna needed to be his so he made a pact with the minotaurs and had them attack luna (which is why there's tents and ballistas outside luna and why there's moongates at the exits) one minotaur leader (i forget his name) refused to follow mortagne and was banished from the minotaur tribe and he joined the fight to help luna. after a while the minotaurs believed they had been deceived by mortagne and they broke their pact with him and stopped attacking luna... at that point mortagne's son (a powerful necromancer, i forget his name) unleashed his undead minions on luna. one battle at luna sir mortagne hit martel nevarre with a poisoned mace which put nevarre in a coma and he was slowly dying from the poison. mortagne said he would hand over the cure for the poison in exchange for control of luna. i believe there was a poll here on stratics on whether to make the exchange or not. this is where the event mods were cancelled and the events leave off

L

Lustig als'Holle

There will be a Meet & Greet held at the EM Hall in Britain, Trammel (8°10’N 12°39’E) on Saturday, January 8th, at 8:00pm CST (6:00pm PST, 7:00pm MST, 9:00pm EST). The evening’s subject will be on catching up with current events, future plans, and of course – introductions!

Hope to see everyone there!
Welcome!!! Now, where's my sash? :D Just kidding, but you'll hear it often enough, I just wanted to say it first :) Hope I can make the M&G next Saturday!

Whitestar4016

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Welcome and fare thee well, I came to lake austin shortly after the events
listed above occurred so can't help there.

I hope to see you at the meet n greet (sorta sounds like a bar don't it) Though
I am stuck working retail which does involve weekends so we'll see.

I currently run one of the older Rune Library's on Lake Austin, and only because
I didn't want to see the original go away forever. Come by and check it out, its
A couples houses east of Luna's outer-wall gate Just look for CJ on roof. (radar)

I personally hope to be more involved in the game but my work schedule and
life mess with it, so hope to see many new events from our EM. And as always
Enjoy and Live Well

L

Liquid_Ape

Welcome! Since I have returned to this shard (I played it when it first opened up), the one thing I have missed was an EM. I can't wait to see where you take us and likewise, where we take you.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could someone give a quick summary of what happened at the Meet and Greet? I couldn't make it last night.

Thanks!

L

Liquid_Ape

I was in and out for the majority of it as well. My kids evening "ritual" took longer than normal since my wife wasn't home last night to help out, but...

There was an informal bull session before the meeting actually got started. Once 8:00 hit, the meeting started and my personal craziness began. The bits I caught were mainly concerning event arcs, future plans, and EM_Acies's UO history. One thing that stood out was his request that we let him know about old blessed towns (are there any since LA is a young shard?) and any old event locations. He mentioned that he will be doing weddings and that EM blessed townships will be happening. At some point Mesanna joined the meeting and unstuck things from everyone's backpack who needed it. More happened and someone who paid attantion the whole time can probably fill you in better. I just figured that something was better than nothing.

Oh...And as of about 10 minutes ago, the Shash bestowing marble kitty is still active, so if you want a special sash, head over to the EM hall and rub the kitty's belly. I don't know if this is by design or by accident that it is still giving shashes.

EM_Acies

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Oh...And as of about 10 minutes ago, the Shash bestowing marble kitty is still active, so if you want a special sash, head over to the EM hall and rub the kitty's belly. I don't know if this is by design or by accident that it is still giving shashes.
It's by design. It'll be up for a little while.