Gate travelling nowadays

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Z

Zandros

... seems to be a big hassle. Casting a gate and getting like 15 times the message: Your spirit lacks the cohesion blabla is not really what i wanted to happen. :cursing:

That only happens sometimes. Running into the gate didn't work - not getting any travelling window up. So i was standing on top of it and klicking it.

What am i doing wrong?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
You not doing anything wrong. Its a problem the Devs need to fix.

Z

Zandros

Good to know, thanks. Is there any work around?

Just a matter of luck whether it works? Do i have to wait a certain time, change my casting position, run repeatedly into the gate or what might help to have more success in entering the gate?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
Its just a matter of luck. They have it installed so you would not run trough gates often and alot in a short time. It just don't make sense it happends when you try to step in a gate the first time.

N

Nenime

A really annoying bug this is. Died a lot of times because I couldn't get away fast enough (my middle name is 'I-live-in-Felucca-now-for-years-and-still-suck-at-PVP'). Pretty embarrasing when you open a gate for a big hunt, everybody steps in and you're the only one left behind. "Chicken" is one of the more polite words you will read in the chat log.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 19, 2003
Drachenfels
www.knuckleheads.dk
yes.. why excactly its made so dunno.. perhaps due to siege rulesets.. imagine if you were able to go through a gate as often as you like you could move masses and masses of stackables with a single moongate.. however if this is the reason that got ruined by commodity deeds (said that.. unsure if siege ruleset shards have commodity deeds)

thats my best guess.. but am commonly known to accationally be mistaken ^^

Greets
Gilly

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Yes. Siege has commodity deeds. *tips hat*

Z

Zandros

... when you open a gate for a big hunt, everybody steps in and you're the only one left behind...
*ROFL*

That's exactly what happend to me at the SL event spawn in Tokuno. Opened gate to next spawn point and everbody and his mon successfully jumped inside. Only me and my pets seemed to be the only one who were left behind because we "lacked the cohesion" :wall:

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
if it wasn't here we could just dupe all our pscrolls and drachs would be even more dead.....