• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gary Gygax dead at 69

L

Lord Franklin

OMG TW, that is PERFECT.

I'll never forget my first D&D game. Our DM (probably lacking a whole lot of creativity) started the adventure telling us that we were sitting around in a tavern, drinking our "stale ale." I'll have to find some tonight and join you in the toast.

Franklin

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to love to play D&D. I have many fond memories of sitting in a huddled circle rolling dice and punching numbers into a caculator.

Its odd. I also play DDO (Dungeons & Dragons Online) and occasionaly re-activate my account. Its strange. Today is the 2n'd aniversary of DDO!

Thank you Gary for coming up with such a cool game. ****Raises mug "heres to you friend" chugs****

F

five oclock

May thy dragons take you to your final resting place. Where the grass is always green. Thy Ale is always sweet...and the D20s always roll a 20 when ya need it the most..

W

WebCaster

I started playing D&D in 1981'.. Some kid moved from California to Michigan and showed me how to play. He had the basic set, which was a 40 page book and some crazy dice. I remember him drawing a dungeon maze on graph paper, while I was running from a gelatinous cube. I had to keep tapping my 10' pole around so I wouldn't fall into a bottomless pit, while I was bombing oil flasks lit by my tinder box at the cube. I've been a gamer ever since. Thanks Gary..

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Every Monday, we gather at our "round tables", we use the several class rooms at Pitr's Gentle Rest Inn in RL (his school at our little town) and over 35 players play D&D 3.5, WarHammer, RoleMaster, Vampire the Masq., etc... the main room is a library filled with every book... from the first red box, 1st Edition manuals till the latest ones... Maps of Faerun and Sosaria cover the school walls and the fellowship is incredible. I have been playing with them since I was 6 years old... the game allowed me to interact with elders, learn more about my own personality and work my imagination... extend my knowledge and understanding the Path. Later, I found out about online games and how the Circle roams the net... testing game after game... and this finally got me here... to Catskills.

So... thank you Sir Gary for changing my past, present and future.

RIP.

One Circle! One Soul! (Our battle cry from RoleMaster also used in GRI...)

G

Adonias and I still play game regularly, usually getting together with our group every other week. Been playing since for almost 15 years and wow, I can't think of how many cool people I've met through playing ad&d. I'm still a proud geek after all these years. *sheepish grin*

All thread of life are cut,
All threads are woven anew.
May the wheel turn,
And begin the cycle again.
Rest in peace, Gary.