• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gargoyles & Soulstones

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know peeps have been asking about doing something with all the 'loose' soulstones knocking about these days.
I myself have now bought over 70 'other peoples' soulstones just on the off-chance that i may get lucky and find one of mine that i lost in an IDOC.

It then occured to me, Gargoyles are good with working stone and mystic stuff.
Perhaps there could be a quest wrote into SA to 'Clean' these soulstones so they can be re-used?

I'm sure a suitably hard quest could be thought up, something to really use the new skills and items of SA?

I'm sure i'm not the only one to have a box full of useless soulstones locked down in their house. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

U

UOAuctions

And, im sure this is not going to happen considering EA can make money off selling full soulstones correct? I might be wrong, please feel free to correct me if I am, as I do not spend RL cash on this game.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*votes no* ( on the basis that I'm jealous enough of IDOCers as it is )

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i vote yes on the basis of i collected over 500 other peoples full soulstones from idocs waiting for this to eventually happen and make billions of gold !

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or even just use an old Soulstone to make it into a Soulstone fragment? That way they still will be used up eventually?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would like it if they made it so you could at least know the stone belonged to you by making it highlight a special color or something for you.....

And as for cleaning up the old ones.... I think it would be ok if you could say.... Make a soulstone you got "yours" some how .... but I think that would wipe whatever skill it had on it..... and just be a blank stone.... at least the full ones... the frags .... I think should just be trash when they are done.... deco if you like but no way to transfer the stone to another account.....

But since you can get red stones as a "gift" each year... I don't see the need to do any of that.... I do however wish there was a way to return them if the owner should ever return... Maybe a "claim all stones" button on your doll menu that returned them all to your bank box or something....

And perhaps they could do that with the old personal bless deeds too..... since many have lost theirs... I have a few lying around that I've picked up over the years .... but to return them I wouldn't have a clue how to go about that.... what if the owners jumped shard????

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Craftable hammer that can smash old Soulstones into usable Soulstone fragments...how's that?

S

Sweeney

Only people that have collected other people's soulstones want this. I'd rather see them smashable into gems than anything like SS frags or blank SSs.

M

Maggie

Or even just use an old Soulstone to make it into a Soulstone fragment? That way they still will be used up eventually?

I really like this idea. I have no soulstones or anything either. I just want some more fragments especially for younger players or for casual players that cannot afford the gold to buy them. There is a limited supply and the price keeps increasing. Unless there are already plans to maybe sometime in the future release more. I think it should be very hard to convert a full soulstone into a fragment. Could make it a repeatable quest that is very difficult to complete and ingredients including the stone be lost.

D

Dmaninuo

How about making the stone/fragment an ingredient. And add a tiny percentage of the stored skill as a bonus skill to whatever you are crafting/enhancing. Opens up the ability to do something with the stones everyone has lying around.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also would like to see soulstones made reusable by other accounts.
Not only for those from IDOCs. I have a bunch of soulstones, which belonged to accounts (own or friends), which are no longer active (and potentially never will be again).
On the other side I have own accounts with mutliple soulstones and on a 3rd side those acounts which never have had a soulstone. So it would be nice if I could transfer soulstones between my accounts.
And the argument about limiting the sales of soulstones at EA website due to such possibility may be there - but more people don't purchase a soulstone there at all if they cant do ingame.
Instead of splitting full stones into fragments I would like gargoyles to be able to make one full stone from maybe 10 frags.
*Salute*
Olahorand
*Salute*
Olahorand

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the problems with soulstones trading among different accounts would be ppl selling skills. I definately dont like the idea of vendors selling 100-120 skillpoints. There is too much exploiting in the game and I dont want to give those that abuse the system more posibilities to make even more gold.

F

Fink

One of the problems with soulstones trading among different accounts would be ppl selling skills. I definately dont like the idea of vendors selling 100-120 skillpoints. There is too much exploiting in the game and I dont want to give those that abuse the system more posibilities to make even more gold.
Swapping blank stones between accounts I would find helpful because I have too many on one account and not enough on the other. Realistically I'll probably want too many on both accounts anyway.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The skills would have to remain account bound.
So if you are on another account, you can use a stone with skills from any different account only, if you flush the stored skill first.
An alternate option would be a retokenizer which converts a soulstone with or without skills into a fresh token again.
*Salute*
Olahorand