• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gargoyle vs Human race in PvP (pros and cons)

Yubari

Visitor
Hello!

After a couple of years i wanted to come back to UO and i saw that there is new race - Gargoyle. I spent few hours for study guides and cant determine the pros and cons of Gargoyle vs Human race in pvp.

I know that:
1) Gargs have no mount and can fly.
2) Gargs have berserk.

After that, my questions is:

Why there is so much humans in pvp and so few gargs?
How exactly does berserk work and what mean "at the cost of defenses" in the ability description?

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Humans are by far the best choice unless you're making a thrower. I've tested berserk it doesn't show a worthwhile advantage, and don't forget it's based on how dead you almost are lol. I think the main concern really is, is there just isn't enough options for a garg armor wise as there is for humans. Skill increase is key now to the way UO is with its 20 item property armor and jewls. #BrokeUO

Yubari

Visitor
Humans are by far the best choice unless you're making a thrower. I've tested berserk it doesn't show a worthwhile advantage, and don't forget it's based on how dead you almost are lol. I think the main concern really is, is there just isn't enough options for a garg armor wise as there is for humans. Skill increase is key now to the way UO is with its 20 item property armor and jewls. #BrokeUO

Ok, so the main difference is armor and skill builds is a best way, it's good starting point.

As i know

Humans/Elves have 10 slots:
Chest, legs, arms, neck, 2 jewelery slots, talisman, and TOL earrings, head, gloves.

Gargoyls have 9 slots:
Chest, legs, arms, neck, 2 jewelery slots, talisman and earrings, kilt.

Can gargs wear gloves instead of some other slot like kilt?
Does gargs neck and earrings have only regular armor bonuses and have no properties like skills/def/hit and other?
Can gargs neck and earrings be reforged?

PS Can you describe the difference in more details?