• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gargoyle template & suit

Pyccy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi I wanted to ask you guys what you think is the best template for a PVM warrior Gargoyle.
I usually play a Sampire but I'd like to explore also gargoyles race, thing i never did.
I'd like also to know which is the best equipment for him(including new sa items, i dont care if the equipment might be uber expensive).
Thanks in advance!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't have my garg finished yet, but I am building a garg sampire. I am using Connor's template with parry. My suit plan uses the following arties:

- Mace & Shield Glasses
- Breastplate of the Berzerker
- Void Infused Kilt
- Tangle
- Quiver of Infinity
- Conjurer Garb
- Conjurer Trinket

The 45 DCI comes from the Tangle, Conj Garb, Quiver and 15 on each ring and brace. I can max my HCI as well between the garg racial bonus, kilt, trinket, ring, and brace. Because a garg doesn't get the benefit of a swamp dragon I want to use the 10% damage eater from the kilt. The remaining pieces will be imbued barbed leather. I plan to use dual short axes for dual strike. I only need 25 SSI as the breastplate has 10. LS really isn't necessary with HCI already at max.

What do you think? I have the breastplate, tangle, trinket, quiver, and garb. Just need to acquire the kilt, M&S glasses, and another garb. It isn't anything revolutionary, but it is different than the standard elf sampire.

-OBSIDIAN-

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LS really isn't necessary with HCI already at max.

LS is about more than just HCI though, it's also useful for those damage bonus' that come with Crit hits.

Let's put it this way, with a regular hit to Medusa I do from 60-90 damage. Crits roll in from 156-180 consistently when I'm spamming LS.

The only way I can see LS not being important is if you are using a Sampire for PvP where damage has lower caps.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hi I wanted to ask you guys what you think is the best template for a PVM warrior Gargoyle.
I usually play a Sampire but I'd like to explore also gargoyles race, thing i never did.
I'd like also to know which is the best equipment for him(including new sa items, i dont care if the equipment might be uber expensive).
Thanks in advance!
You know I always tell folks to build their suits around the RBC for Human/Elf characters. I'm seriously thinking of adopting the Beserker's Breastplate for Gargoyles. See most Garg weapons are slow...the SSI on the piece really helps. I'd start with that and then look to build from there.

S

Stupid Miner

LS is much more than just HCI. It's also the 20% crit chance and the massive amount of damage one does.
To put this in perspective, with 20% Critical chance.

Against something with:
75 resist - 2x damage
50 resist - 1.5x damage
25 resist - 1.25x damage

Assuming you use lightning strike every hit.

Maybe it'll be more clear with more numbers.
Assuming you do 100 damage per hit against 0 resist. This will be the damage spread over 5 hits.
75 resist : 25 + 25 + 25 + 25 + 100 = 200 damage
50 resist : 50 + 50 + 50 + 50 + 100 = 300 damage
25 resist : 75 + 75 + 75 + 75 + 100 = 400 damage

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks in advance!
For the last couple of weeks my favorite char to play is my Gargoyle Thrower/Mystic. He does Great in Pvm, can do all the abyss mini spawns, and solo Navrey and the Stygian Dragon, also does really well at Champ spawns, not like a Sampire, but good in a small group.

His Template is:

Anat - 88 (100 with ring)
Chiv - 77
Focus - 120
Magery - 100
Mystic - 115 (looking for 120 scroll)
Tactics - 100
Throwing - 120

Armor is all 70's(with protection) all 74 (in stone form), 100 LRC, 40 LMC, 15 MR, 31 Stam Inc. 40 HCI (jewels & trinket) 70 DI (jewels & trinket), 2fc 3fcr & 10 SSI (ring & wing armor)

Pieces are: Mace & Shiled Glasses (converted), Lt. guard Sash (converted), Crimmy (converted), Pendant of the Magi, Conjurers Garb & Trinket, Warden's Armor of Augmentation, Imbued Chest, Arms, Kilt, Legs

I can cast invis on myself and Gheals and Arch cures. Better yet is Cleansing winds, for healing and curing, not to mention the healing stones.

General fight tactics are Mass Sleeps and Rising Colossus, followed by AI's from the soul glave that is SC -1, Mana Leech, 30 SSI, Slayer and DI. Invis then needed. There are a lot of other spells and tactics, it's fun playing around with it. Oh and the AI's for most stuff, do between 160 and 255 per shot

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
For the last couple of weeks my favorite char to play is my Gargoyle Thrower/Mystic. He does Great in Pvm, can do all the abyss mini spawns, and solo Navrey and the Stygian Dragon, also does really well at Champ spawns, not like a Sampire, but good in a small group.

His Template is:

Anat - 88 (100 with ring)
Chiv - 77
Focus - 120
Magery - 100
Mystic - 115 (looking for 120 scroll)
Tactics - 100
Throwing - 120

Armor is all 70's(with protection) all 74 (in stone form), 100 LRC, 40 LMC, 15 MR, 31 Stam Inc. 40 HCI (jewels & trinket) 70 DI (jewels & trinket), 2fc 3fcr & 10 SSI (ring & wing armor)

Pieces are: Mace & Shiled Glasses (converted), Lt. guard Sash (converted), Crimmy (converted), Pendant of the Magi, Conjurers Garb & Trinket, Warden's Armor of Augmentation, Imbued Chest, Arms, Kilt, Legs

I can cast invis on myself and Gheals and Arch cures. Better yet is Cleansing winds, for healing and curing, not to mention the healing stones.

General fight tactics are Mass Sleeps and Rising Colossus, followed by AI's from the soul glave that is SC -1, Mana Leech, 30 SSI, Slayer and DI. Invis then needed. There are a lot of other spells and tactics, it's fun playing around with it. Oh and the AI's for most stuff, do between 160 and 255 per shot

What Strength, Intel and Dex does he have?