• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gargoyle armor?

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok gargoyles cant wear headpieces, gorgets, and gloves

I see you can tinker necklace, and earrings, what goes in place of gloves garg only bracelet or rings? I can't put a regular ring or bracelet on my empty hand.

Also when a crafter makes armor they have an option of using different materials to boost resist. What material is the equal when tinkering a necklace or earring? My treasure hunter needs high fire resist so I would make horned leather pieces, how do i get the equal in gargs armor?

D

Dain

Here's a run down.

Humans/Elves have 6 slots which can contain none-magical bonus resists.

Head, neck, chest, legs, arms and gloves, then they get 2 jewelery slots and a talisman slot.

Gargoyls get 6 armor slots which can contain none-magical bonus resists.

Arms, chest, legs, kilt, necklace and earrings, plus the 2 jewelery slots and a talisman.

So ultimately they're the same.

The points of differentiation are in the mods and artifacts available to those slots, for example you can't make runic crafted earrings and necklaces, which is a slight disadvantage.

When it comes to earrings and necklaces you have to consider their capability to be imbues and contribute to your suits.
I have 2 suits now for my gargoyle characters which contain the following stats:

1. Dexxer suit.

1/2 hci/di +str or dex jewls.

Runic crafted legs, chest, arms and kilt; all of which have high resists, 5+lmc and 2mr.

Pendant of the magi.

Conjurers Trinket

Earring: Exceptional crafted earrings imbued with 6lmc, 1mr and Cold Resists (intend to add more once artifacer is more trained and I have more ingredients)

Has a total of (including weapon) 2/5 casting, 9mr, 45hci 18dci, 100% di, 40lmc, 16 stam bonus, 12 mana bonus (excluding pendant of magi), and +4 HP. Suit is currently none-med (only item non med currently is earrings)

Resists: all 63+

2. Mage suit.

Uses faction Ornament of the Magician and Crystaline Ring.

Runic crafted arms, chest, legs and kilt. Three of which pieces have LRC, MR and/or LMC and high resists.

Pendant of the Magi.

Earrings are 6lmc, 1mr and Mage Armor

Necro Talisman (forgot name sorry) for the +skill bonus (gimp template :D)

Suit has a total of (including a LRC scrappers) 100% LRC, 40LMC, 13mr, 50% SDI, 2/6 casting, +12 mana (excluding pendant) and +14 HP.

Resists: All 64+

So to conclude there are a few notes I would like to make.

1. When consider the difference between human and gargoyle armor suits, it's quite easy to consider gargoyle items inferior. But if you bother to enhance your earrings and bit and use a Pendant (or even an imbued necklace) it's really quite easy to make an viable suit.

2. Making quality runic armor for gargoyles it actually really easy. I haven't read any confirmed info on it but I have found that the items made seem to have some major bonuses (or perhaps I am just unaware of some runic changes as I rarely craft my own armor). All of the suits crafted I made myself (excluding the imbuing) which nothing higher then Horned Runic Sewing Kits and Bronze Runic Hammers.

3. Imbued earrings are absolutely necessary, otherwise you're practically making a suit with only 5 armor pieces. The earrings are easy to obtain (ask any GM Arms Lore + Tinker mule to craft you a pair) and the Imbuing bonuses are easy to obtain, ask any training Artifacer and they should be able to add atleast 2 mods for little to no cost.

4. Make sure then when you get your earrings that you add powder of fortification before imbuing.

5. Make sure your earrings are made of Iron and not of a magical metal (otherwise I THINK you wont be able to Imbue).

Good luck!

*EDIT*
Sorry if any of my information is wrong, I didn't attend beta and all this is just my observations over the past few days.

Finally, for those thinking that I may be extravagant in my crafting and items; the total price of making the suits (including the price of Silver for arties and the Pendants, although EXCLUDING the Dexxer jewls and the Conjurers Trinkets) was about 2.1mil per suit (Combined price of the runics + materials and Imbuing etc).

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok so gargs get legs and a kilt?

thanks for the info.

I play siege and with ROT it seems I might have to wait a while to do t maps again, because now i need imbue instead of materials such as horned leather. From what i gather Gargs armor sucks up front since we dont have a material to enhance resist such as horned and valorite.

see the difference is that a gorget compared to a necklace doesn't require imbueing to get the desired resist. On most shards this means nothing but on siege it means ill need to wait.

U

uomlplayer

ok gargoyles cant wear headpieces, gorgets, and gloves

I see you can tinker necklace, and earrings, what goes in place of gloves garg only bracelet or rings? I can't put a regular ring or bracelet on my empty hand.

Also when a crafter makes armor they have an option of using different materials to boost resist. What material is the equal when tinkering a necklace or earring? My treasure hunter needs high fire resist so I would make horned leather pieces, how do i get the equal in gargs armor?
It' just plain suck's for us on seige to play as a garg currently cause the garg earring's and necklace are not medable and to imbue it you need to hunt for couple hours to get the ingredients to imbue the mage armour property everytime we die.

For pvp it's even worst,on top of non medable earring's/necklace you can't even get enough DCI to counter people's HLD on every weapon that people have, garg's are useless right now till they decide to fix the alterable minor/major artie's(they are currently not alterable)