• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Garg Template?

S

Shiloh

Ok so I have been trying to think of a good pvm temp for a gargoyle, but everything I have read is saying that Gargs are no good.. thoughts? Suggestions?

Im really digging this new expansion and I want to try all aspects so any ideas are welcome.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gargoyles have a couple of major disadvantages over the other races, and no extra advantage except for the imbuer.

Which means that you probably want to plan for imbuing on your gargoyle template.

Since you have imbuing and you want to kill the monsters, think about the mysticism skill as a compliment for imbuing. This lets you use the rising colossus, which is a SERIOUSLY big beast. You can use the colossus without imbuing, but the non-imbuing version pales in comparison (yet is still better than any mage summon).

Now that you have mysticism on your template, you'll notice that some of the spells aren't very effective without evaluate intelligence, so throw that on as well.

And since you have EI, you probably want magery as well in order to maximize your spell damage types and outputs.

And with magery comes meditation.

So now you have imbuing, magery, mysticism, evaluate intelligence and meditation, leaving room for 1 or 2 more skills (depending on your level of specialization/max desired skills). You can do a whole lot with those skills depending on the type and amount of goodies you have laying about.

The problem with gargoyles now is that you either need 6 points of stamina regeneration on your armor or 60 focus (actually, my gargoyle character is doing all right with 40 focus with occasional stops to rest), so 60 focus may be a good choice with some points in another useful-at-less-than-max skill. Or you could just bypass the focus (if you have the SR items) and add in spellweaving to the mix.

Personally, I'd just go all the way with focus at the start and add in another skill later once you're used to the first five skills working in tandem. (most likely spellweaving for me)

S

Shiloh

so are garg dexxers bad? I know archery isnt a garg skill.. but like a bush/warrior or chiv/warrior? I dont do well on mages so Im really hoping a dexxer type would work well. Or heck even a crafter of some sort.. not sure if a garg crafter gets any benefits or anything

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The big problem with garg dexxers is that the garg weapon selection is really pathetic. But they do have some very nice artifacts if you can get your hands on them.

On the other hand, with the focus requirements and the garg-jewels not being medable, maybe dexxer is the way to go, in which case, just go with a standard samurai template for the best results.