• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gardens - Need inspiration!

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been trying for awhile, yet I can't seem to come up with a large garden design I like... I'm working with a full 18x18, and if all possible, I'd love a waterfall, I just can't seem to make it happen. I need inspiration!

I've seen the Floating Gardens of Sosaria and the Illusion Garden Roof, both are stunning, but does anyone have any other examples that they'd be willing to share, and possibly have bits and pieces stolen from? *grins*

I'd really appreciate it. *puppy dog eyes*

*returns to staring blankly at her plot*

Oh, and it's in the snow, but that shouldn't make too much of a difference. I hope.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had some nice ideas for all of the xmas snow item gifts we received. But I need to get a free plot before I start fiddling with them. Something like an ice cave. Probably a bit too much for what you were thinking though.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although, I'm sure it would turn out wonderful, it's not quite what I'm after, but thanks for responding =D

*continues staring at the H&C crowd with puppy eyes*

L

Lunaticus

Well, none of my gardens have waterfalls, but I do have two that might give a wee bit of inspiration:

They're more or less just front lawn gardens, but hopefully, they might provide for you a launching pad for your design. Good luck, and be sure to post your results!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried the 'custom house designs' sticky at the top of the board, there are some interesting posts in there, start around post #21

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay Lunaticus, that front gate in the first image is love at first sight! :love: Definately helpful :D

Have you tried the 'custom house designs' sticky at the top of the board, there are some interesting posts in there, start around post #21

Indeed I have, there were some interesting designs, but nothing that really caught my eye for this idea :)

F

Flora Green

I'm currently working on a waterfall design, too. I've been cheating and googling images for inspiration. I know what I want to do, but haven't quite figured out how to implement it yet. If I come up with something before you do, I'll post it Faeryl. One thing I DO know is I need to mine a lot of stone.

L

Lunaticus

Okay Lunaticus, that front gate in the first image is love at first sight! :love: Definately helpful :D
I wish I could take credit for that gate, but it was my aunt who designed it. I knew that I could never do any better on my own, so I left it. :D

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are several waterfall designs here you are welcome to "borrow" from.
*makes notes to go visit and make notes in a little bit*

Flora actually gave me a little inspiration, just fiddling with it right now

*Edit* Oh, and Lunaticus, I love you aunt, lol. Been wondering how something like that would be put together for awhile

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is an east side waterfall I did on an old house of mine. I find waterfalls best to do from the 'top' down when building, rather than from the ground up.

Waterfall

:)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I visited Paidric's home during construction and if you get a chance you really need to experience this firsthand, it's amazing :)

Paidric, that white tent is beautiful

P

Paidric

Thanks for the kind words :)

I've decided to start working again on my other work in progress. I hope to have something worth showing around the end of march ;)

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone for the help, I now have a basic idea of what I'm going to try, but I need to do some sketches before I start building anything. It'll be nice if all works out as planned. If I like it when I'm done, I'll post it for you guys :)

But if anyone would still like to post gardens, I won't complain :D

Oh, and before I forget to ask, where's that keep located Paidric? I think I'll stop by eventually to check it out

C

Conrad99

Here is one I have posted in the custom house section. It is an illusion style house. Two floors that appear as one. There is a floor hidden up the walk way.

Attachments

P

Paidric

Here is the map to my keep.

It's on europa - trammel, south of Trinsic.
You can't miss it since it's the only keep on that tip of land.

If you want to visit it, drop me a message so I unlock the door :D

And yes, the tent roof is made of gozas raised on different levels to give that layered look.

Initially I wanted to make a mountain peak on my keep roof but abandonned the idea because I lacked a few hundreds granite and couldn't store more as they weren't stackable...

But I might go for that in another keep. It still sounds tempting to me :)