• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Garbage Collectors

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

Old Man of UO

NPCs wandering the wilds used to pick up reagents and other items on the ground. I don't think they do this anymore though. Walking through Luna today, looking at all the books and runes neatly placed in the exact same spots as yesterday, I wondered why the Paladins in town didn't pick them up as they walked by. It's not like the Paladins have a real job... the guards respond to threats, they don't!

Keep Our Cities Clean from Bot Droppings!

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell no. On Europa alot of legit vendors, particularly the small ones, put runes out to advertise their shop. It would be really sh1tty to mess with that.

O

Old Man of UO

Perhaps you are right.

It would be much more fun anyway to pick the runes up after the bots, remark them to interesting places, relabel them and drop them back onto the ground.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NPCs wandering the wilds used to pick up reagents and other items on the ground. I don't think they do this anymore though. Walking through Luna today, looking at all the books and runes neatly placed in the exact same spots as yesterday, I wondered why the Paladins in town didn't pick them up as they walked by. It's not like the Paladins have a real job... the guards respond to threats, they don't!

Keep Our Cities Clean from Bot Droppings!
I remember that too. And when you give them gold, they will give you something that they have picked up.

Con - You have to be careful around npcs if you are moving stuff like a stack of ore via the drop and drag dance. You have no idea how many times I had to pay them to get my stuff back, those blackmailers!

Pro - They can make good mules if you know how to take advantage of it.

I think they loot corpses too...

Tip - *cough* horde minion *cough*

O

Old Man of UO

Tip - *cough* horde minion *cough*
Ya... that was my first thought... but if the runes with certain bot vendor names show up enough times actually taking them to oni spawns, players will learn not to use those runes! :D

S

Sebrina

I never saw an NPC pick up anything. When I first started, I picked up reagents and sold them to the Herbal shop. Back then you (did) have to eat. I've probably made several hundred thousand gold over the years picking through the garbage left on the ground.

-bags, boxes, whatnots - old metal smelts down to ingots - waist not, want not! And I hear so many people complain about how poor they are, sheesh! Some huge fortunes have been made in Real Life by recyclers.