• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gamebreaking bug since last patch?

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

It seems dynamic objects do not highlight anymore after some actions sequence I can't reproduce precisely.

Here is what I do, as a hardcore gardener:
1° Open 10 plants gumps and apply water/poisons
2° Move 3 steps
2° Try to open more gumps and I can't get the plants to highlight anymore... or sometimes I can.

If moving a bit farther, the dynamic objects may hightlight or not, and if they do they again don't hightlight for no reason.

Needless to say, having to close and re-open the client twenty times for my daily gardening session is completely impossible.

P

PowerFullPete

Yeah i noticed the same thing too, some creatures i can't target or when i mouse over things some don't highlight either...

P

PowerFullPete

I use Copper enhanced mod, so I just tried the default ui and it seems everything works with highlighting objects again. Might need a Copper fix.
And geeze the default ui is ugly.....been awile since i used it.

Well after using the default ui for bout 1/2 hour started to notice some lag and things aren't highlighting too...

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found a workaround to this bug: change display from EC containers to legacy containers (I have a macro which does that, so it's easy) and objects hightlight again.

It would be nice to know if the dev in charge is aware of this though.

P

PowerFullPete

Cool thnx! Gota give that a try, seems like the problem is getting worse, lots of lag too....but man do those legacy containers suck when u have a almost full pack!

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bug is still there, nobody seems to care...

The easiest workaround I found so far is simply moving an item around in my backpack, but dear is this annoying!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bug is still there, nobody seems to care...

The easiest workaround I found so far is simply moving an item around in my backpack, but dear is this annoying!
I don't even move the item. I just highlight over something in my backpack and it works again.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't even move the item. I just highlight over something in my backpack and it works again.
Even better, just move your cursor over your backpack, you don't even have to stop long enough to actually make a mouseover appear.

It's definitely annoying, but no gamebreaker imo.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to know that trick. I used to solve it by going into the options and switching the Tooltips off and back on.

Well, one more bug that probably will never be solved.