• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] gains??

W

wapabito

what are the best skills/way to gain ninja? i have been stuck at 79.7 for about 3 hours. whats skills should i be using?

G

gmcbroom

Shadow jump will get you high enough. Then Death Strike after that.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't have stealth/hide you can throw jewels on that put you above 85 and do DS for gains.

W

wapabito

i was doing ds on a horse and again on a brigand outside of skara and i wasnt getting gains i am jeweled to 90. but .1 in 3 hours just seems a bit wrong at that level

Matraes

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am at 84.5 and gained .8 in the last hour or so... shadow jumping dunno when this will stop mind you

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's almost as if you need to train a character in order to train ninjitsu quickly.

If you have soulstones and the char slots, make a character with 70 necro, 50 spirit speak, 120 focus, 120 med. Cap your LMC, and put as much MR as you can muster. Go into Lich form, summon a wisp.

Your mana should regen extremely fast and you should have minimal downtime between deathstrikes.

I started playing a new shard where I have barely any gold and it took me like 6 hours of macro time to get to 80 (which is luckily where my template allowed me to stop).

C

Connor_Graham

I'm not looking forward to my plan to train 120 Ninjitsu for my "Mage/Thief/T-Hunter/Rares Hunter/anything else I can come up with to use combinations for". I've been hearing too many horror stories about how long it takes to train.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really isn't that bad of a skill to work. The biggest problem for a lot of people is that they wait until they have a nearly finished char before they start training ninjitsu. By that time they have high strength and dex and a low mana pool and little or no meditation/focus, so its DS, DS, wait for mana, DS, DS, wait for mana. If you take Lynks advice you can pretty much DS all day long if you wanted. I usually let med and focus go to GM and set intel to rise, soulstone stealth and hiding to the char when it's time to do shadowjumps, then stone those skills back off when it's time for DS. Once I get my ninjitsu where I want it, I'll work on any other skill that requires a lot of mana (chiv or bushido), and once I'm finished getting those skills where I want them, then I'll set my intel, meditation and focus to decrease and begin working on the melee skills. While you still have necro and in lich form, if your planning on having healing on the char just load up on a bunch of bandies and don't wear HP regen items and just keep healing yourself as your life drains.

C

Connor_Graham

Mana isn't going to be an issue as the character that I'll be working Ninjitsu on is also my mage, who has 120 Med and 17 MR on his suit, not to mention nearly 180 mana. I also have GM Focus on a soulstone that can easily be swapped out.