• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gaining Peacemaking

G

Hello.

Im standing middle of WBB and using peacemaking to me. I forgot to check the clock, but i did count my attempts to peace. 600 Tryes and 11 gains. Thats almost 55 uses for 0.1 gain,
or over 5 mins for 0.1.
My skill is now: 69.2
It takes 11s to try the skill again, if i fail, 6s if i succeed.
So, min time to Gm, would be 28hours to GM this and thats only if the gains stay like this and i always succeed.

Is it faster to raise in action? If i just start peaceing mobs?

M

MikeyH

For now i would suggest just keep area peacing yourself. However, it REALLY slows down at around 80. Im at 84.7 right now and average about .3 per hour, sometimes i'll go a full hour without a gain at all.

G

I started to get gains fast at 80. 4/100 gains/tryes. Still gaining, 83.4

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
By far the fastest way to gain peace is (or was unless they changed something in the last year or so) is to get on a boat and go to server lines and sail north or south playing your peace macro targeting self I always did this with my horse on the boat I gmed music first then started on peace total time to gm both is about 20 hours I have done my tamer my bard and my peacer/mage this way they used to be movement /target based anyway thats how I do it hope it helps
Windwalker LS shard

G

Movement should not have anything to do with this anymore. Server lines maybe, but shouldnt.
After 2 NPC tools used, ( 900 uses ), i have gained 2.3 and im at 89.9. I used PS when at early 80. Music is GM and locked.

G

my tamer is at about 117.4 for peace. I typically get .1 every day when I first log in and after that I can go out hunting for a few hours and not see any gains. I figure the good news is that at that rate, I'll be done in a few weeks :/

5% Luck

I 120ed peace a few times I think that the area peace takes into account the dificulty of the creatures in range now. I gained like mad in destard near multi greater dragons. Give it a try!

T

Thopas

<blockquote><hr>

my tamer is at about 117.4 for peace. I typically get .1 every day when I first log in and after that I can go out hunting for a few hours and not see any gains. I figure the good news is that at that rate, I'll be done in a few weeks :/

[/ QUOTE ]

Is 117.4 after mods? Or is there a power scroll for peace?

Yeah, I noticed I'm getting a quick .1 often after logging in and then nothing for a while. Is the Power Hour still in UO?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
there is a power scroll for peace and power hour is gone we just have ggs and they did away with anti macro code so you can gain off single objects now instead of switching all the time

T

Thopas

<blockquote><hr>

there is a power scroll for peace and power hour is gone we just have ggs and they did away with anti macro code so you can gain off single objects now instead of switching all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you had me stumped at ggs, but stratics came through.

"Characters will still be able to gain skill points in the normal use-based fashion—GGS will simply be keeping track of how long it has been since you had gained a point of skill and award you a mandatory point (as in 0.0 to 0.1) if you had not gained your own after a certain period of time."

Ha. That's nearly cheating.
I have noticed whacking stuff with NPC vendor gear is a heck of a lot easier than it used to be. Haven't found much use for Peace and might have to start playing around with discord now...

Now if I could get a power scroll to drop...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
sorry about that some times I get carried away and use abbreviations or acronyms and forget that not everyone knows what I'm saying lol and just so everyone else knows it stands for "guaranteed gain system"

G

Not sure if this method still works.....since i haven't logged in UO for at least 3 years lol.

But i used to play an elder bard.

I trained it on a ship the '8x8' method , with my wyrm and nightmare.

Guilded pets can attack eachother.

G

If you make a UO macro that is last skill, target self then peace yourself once and hold down the macro key you wont need to wait the 12 seconds between. Dont ask me why, but it works. Its about 6 seconds even on success when you hold the macro key down.

Dont walk away from the keyboard though...that would be a no no