• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gaining Past 95

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, provided they are ones that would have a level 4 map in them (and I think level 3 as well). I had a friend save up 100 chests at a time to train on (and alacrity scrolls work wonders in such a situation).

The other options would be to
1. Go find a bunch of the harder dungeon containers and pick them
2. Do a lot of level 3-4 maps. Level 2s might get gains but the gain rate will be slow from them being so easy (level 2 would best be used for your guaranteed gain)
or 3. go to the Twisted Weald and get discorded to use the boxes for the last 5. This is tricky to set up (and nets a lot of death robes) and boring, so I personally would do the others.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yes, provided they are ones that would have a level 4 map in them (and I think level 3 as well). I had a friend save up 100 chests at a time to train on (and alacrity scrolls work wonders in such a situation).

The other options would be to
1. Go find a bunch of the harder dungeon containers and pick them
2. Do a lot of level 3-4 maps. Level 2s might get gains but the gain rate will be slow from them being so easy (level 2 would best be used for your guaranteed gain)
or 3. go to the Twisted Weald and get discorded to use the boxes for the last 5. This is tricky to set up (and nets a lot of death robes) and boring, so I personally would do the others.

I'm on siege so I want to use the alacrity and I get what they called rot gains.. so I only gain .1 every 15 min.. I rather just use an alacrity log on siege every 15 min and pop a chest.

So any demon paragon chest your saying?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes... Another option on SP with the Alacrity scrolls, if ROT timers run while you're logged out, is to use a scroll, get the gain, log out immediately, then come back on after the ROT timer passes, get another gain, repeat.

Unless something's changed in the last few years, the Alacrity scroll timers don't run while you're logged out, so by logging out after a gain and logging in after the timer's passed, you can get multiple gains per scroll. I've even seen people do it on other shards for skills that you rare get a gain with other than the GGS, logging out after the GGS gain and logging back in the next day. ROT at the high end actually works quicker than GGS, even if GGS has the early advantage.