• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gah! My house was raided by npc's!

H

Hunters Moon

Uhhh when was it changed that npc brigands can enter a house to attack? I was on my non-combat crafter burning up ingots when a group of brigands popped up right outside my front steps. At first I didn't give them a second thought,until just one of them (out of four) came up my steps and opened my door(which is set to "owner only") and came after my blue beetle and myself.I was lucky to save my unbonded pet. :mad:

T

T_Amon_from_work

Uhhh when was it changed that npc brigands can enter a house to attack? I was on my non-combat crafter burning up ingots when a group of brigands popped up right outside my front steps. At first I didn't give them a second thought,until just one of them (out of four) came up my steps and opened my door(which is set to "owner only") and came after my blue beetle and myself.I was lucky to save my unbonded pet. :mad:
Private plot or public with door access? I'm thinking the latter, as I used to have peasants and healers in my place by Skara when it was that way. Soon as I went private, they couldn't get by the steps.

My current place (a keep up by Candelabra Point NE of Yew) is provate ... keeps eles, gargs and a few other things from nailing my mule when he's working.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've seen NPCs enter houses all the time - the Monks in Tokuno are a hoot- they even climb up on roofs and into the waterfalls, where a character can't get....

I had the Luna Skeletal Wyrm on Lake Austin chase me into my 3rd house a couple days ago; the THB guildhouse about 6 screens away from its spawn point. After playing "teleporter tag" with it a while (couldn't get close enough to ban it, and I don't think the character in question had the access level to try, anyway), I managed to lose it by getting upstairs from it, with it in the rune book area with doors, and leaving the house via the character gump - and running for my life. Hopefully no one stopped by to use the books or trainer boxes before it decided to leave/despawn on its own.

H

Hunters Moon

Private plot or public with door access? I'm thinking the latter, as I used to have peasants and healers in my place by Skara when it was that way. Soon as I went private, they couldn't get by the steps.

My current place (a keep up by Candelabra Point NE of Yew) is provate ... keeps eles, gargs and a few other things from nailing my mule when he's working.
Actually its a public access plot with a private door access to the 2nd floor.

H

Hunters Moon

I've seen NPCs enter houses all the time - the Monks in Tokuno are a hoot- they even climb up on roofs and into the waterfalls, where a character can't get....
Haha yeah but Tokuno Monks aren't aggroing to you and trying to kill your beetle either!

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to have NPC healers wander in and go through my chests stealing spell scrolls. Even with the door locked. Yes, it was that long ago, back in the days of door locks.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had a Red Healer teleport into my private cabin.

Reapers teleported into my crafting house wich was public but the doors locked.

I have had spawn wander into my public house and then once they target me i cant ban them wich is the most anoying part.:cursing:

L

Lord Drakelord

I have this healer and mongbat that keeps walking thru the front door. The Doors are set to anyone, its cool with the healers, but the mongbat drives me nuts when after entering the door decided to go postal and I'm in the shop trying to download or upload the Bug or packers.

A

Aluma

I have had the same prob in both of the houses I have had. In my old one it was harpies and in the new one it's fairies and vampire bats. My house is private with my accessible teleporters (entry and roof) set to friends, and I know I have the elusive corner post set in all of my floors.

I've learned to have a 'room' somewhere in the house with a door set to owner only, and so far that has protected my noncoms long enough to be able to banish the foul creature.

S

Seasseragh

Otherwise known as the "Panic Room". Flyers and magic users can get into houses like that.
I got acid eles doing that.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen the door security reset to anyone from time to time, not sure, why.
Did you check if it is still properly set?
As far as entering a plot - if NPC are not aggro they can enter a public plot and if they go aggro while already on that plot they are not ejected automatically.
*Salute*
Olahorand

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a brigand spawn at the tower, and the brigands are always stopped at the steps, as are any trolls, ettins, spiders, rats, etc.

except for yesterday.... a troll targeted me at the back of the house, came around the house, opened the front door and walked in

I have never seen this behavior before

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a brigand spawn at the tower, and the brigands are always stopped at the steps, as are any trolls, ettins, spiders, rats, etc.

except for yesterday.... a troll targeted me at the back of the house, came around the house, opened the front door and walked in

I have never seen this behavior before
today one of my weaker chars attacked a horse in front of a house (in which he is not friended). The horse followed him into the house while flagged.

Later he attacked an Ogre - that one was blocked on the stairs of the same house.

So yes, there may have been some change - or a bug?

*Salute*
Olahorand

H

Hunters Moon

Again today a gargoyal entered my house while I was on my stealther. I did the "I ban thee" command but it didn't work and I got the message that the creature was already banned from my house...but there it stood,in my house.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again today a gargoyal entered my house while I was on my stealther. I did the "I ban thee" command but it didn't work and I got the message that the creature was already banned from my house...but there it stood,in my house.
yep, happened to me twice more today.... an ogre and a troll.. had to kill the troll right away, but I saw what the ogre was up to and let him come in while I had his bar up.. after he was in I was able to ban him

course, that's the place I just resized (tower to 18x18, right along the river in Skara :) ) so I'll most likely have to do it all over again

D

Deb

Saying "Remove Thyself" works everytime for me when I'm at
home in the swamp. I usually come home to all kinds of parties going
on in my house and have to kick them all out.:)

P

prison bound

remove thyself does NOT always work permanently. theres a gargoyle around my private, fel home that comes inside whenever he wants. he kills my crafters all the time, and though remove thyself will remove him, he can come back into my private home every time