• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

G11 & UOAssist problem

W

woden

I can't get the G keys on my Logitech G11 keyboard to register in game while I have UOAssist enabled.
I launch game without UOAssist and everything is dandy.
I've done some research and haven't found squat to help me solve this problem.
I really enjoy UOAssist and would like to use it in combination with my keyboard's G keys.
If anyone has any ideas on solving this dilemma, I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's correct. Those are not standard keys, so UO and UOA will not recognize the G keys. Nor will most any other programs.

However, the software that comes with it, allows you to bind the G keys to a keystroke, or a combination of keystrokes. This is how I use it:

1) create and assign a macro in UO/UOA to a key (say playing UOA macro 1 is "ctrl+alt+1"),

2) have the Logitech profiler program assign G1 to press the keystroke "ctrl+alt+1".

Done. So now when you press G1, it plays the UOA macro 1. Works very well since you can bind exceedingly complicated keystrokes to the G keys like "ctrl+shift+alt+f1" now, instead of just using "f1". That will free up your f1 key for other things, say an ebolt macro.

Also, another good use is to assign a keystroke (eg ctrl+shift+del) to unequip left hand, and a second one to drink a cure potion in UOA (eg ctrl+shift+1).

Then with your G key, record a macro to:
1) press the keystrokes to unequip left hand,
2) pause 1 sec,
3) press the keystrokes to drink cure potion

B

Beer_Cayse

I have a G15 ... I bind the keys to my UOA or UO client keystroke and things work fine. Example: UOA Enemy of One is ALT-3, but on the G15 it's bank 1, button 3 and when pressed sends an ALT-3 keypress.

W

woden

Sorry, I think I might not have been totally clear.
I understand how to use the G11 software. I understand how to program G keys.

This all works wonderfully in UO until I try to use UOAssist.
When I start UO with UOAssist, the G keys do nothing! Surely someone has experienced something similar and knows a fix or work around. Thanks!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This all works wonderfully in UO until I try to use UOAssist.
When I start UO with UOAssist, the G keys do nothing! Surely someone has experienced something similar and knows a fix or work around. Thanks!
Make sure you're not using the same macro keys in UO that you're trying to use in uoassist.

It will skew the macro.

W

woden

I have a fresh install. UOAssist has nothing macro'd (I even cleared all the defaults).

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be sure neither has any macros then before trying setting up uoassist. Then see what happens.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Did you set up a profile and browse to the executable in the Profile Manager?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, I didn't read it carefully the first time.

Only thing I can think of is to try what Anne says. I use a G15, so I create and assign my UO profile using the small LCD panel. Not sure if this can be done using the G11.

ie toggle to the UO client then press one of the 4 menu buttons that corresponds to the "tick". Without a LCD, I'm not sure how this will work.

The reason I do this is because directly browsing to the exe is less accurate because. You may have selected UO.exe instead of client.exe or even UOA.exe.

Certain games may use a certain exe to start, then load a different exe for the actual game engine. The profile needs to be tied to the process that's running.

Hope that helps.

W

woden

I tried setting up a profile with client.exe and it didn't seem to work correctly. So, I just set up macros with the default profile that is for everything. Again, it works fine as long as I don't have UOAssist enabled. I'm fairly certain it has something to do with the Logitech software being confused about which program is running or something. I hate to give up on this but that's pretty much what I've done. The keyboard rocks for all my other games; I was just hoping to get the same additional functionality in UO. Unfortunately, UOAssist is more valuable than the keyboard so unless I figure out how to get it to work I'm gonna have to just pretend I don't have G keys while I'm playing UO. :(

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you get an option to select the program other than browsing to it?

If you are using the default drivers that came with your G11, try downloading a newer version.

If it still doesn't work or if it still only allows you to browse to the executable, the only other thing I can think of right now is search your drives to see if you have a duplicate client.exe in a backup folder and check which exe your UOA is starting from (UOA may have detected an install in a separate folder and is starting from that version).