• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] FYI: PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR SILVER ETCHED PIRATE CUTLASS TO HAVE THEM FIXED. TY!

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Update
EM Drosselmeyer has placed me in charge of arranging, collecting the silver pirate cutlasses for repair. If you or anyone you know wants them fixed please get them to me as soon as possible. I currently have possession of 8 cutlasses. It is my understanding that when I have as many as I am going to get I will then meet up with EM Drosselmeyer and Mesanna privately to have them fixed. Thank you!

Prior Original Post:
I already sent an email to ask Mesanna if she would kindly fix these cutlasses so they can be equipped. I recommend if you own one, and would like to wear them proudly to also please email her at [email protected] I already wrote her on behalf of me and 5 other players, but I am asking them to also send her a message. Thank you!

Last edited:

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Done

Another worthy cause would be to ask to have spell channeling added to ALL the Mesanna lanterns. Always found it very odd that only a select few of the lanterns are SC, makes me feel like she only likes certain shards :(

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I already sent an email to ask Mesanna if she would kindly fix these cutlasses so they can be equipped. I recommend if you own one, and would like to wear them proudly to also please email her at [email protected] I already wrote her on behalf of me and 5 other players, but I am asking them to also send her a message. Thank you!
I can't recall where she posted it, but Ivy had posted a recap from Dross. She'd said that he'd come to the Vesper auction following that event, and stated that those cutlasses being non-equippable was an unavoidable side-effect of them being made a weapon type which could not be smelted, that the goal was to avoid them being smelted/turned into special color ingots/made into other things just to use the special hue.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brian, I had heard that as well, but I just got my reply back from Mesanna and she said that isn't the case. She said Dross specifically asked for the item to not be equipable. She also said she has since asked him if he wanted to change them and he said no.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I received a response from Mesanna, she says we are supposed to ask EM Drosselmeyer to have her fix them at the next meet and great, that she doesn't mind fixing them so we can equip them, but we won’t be able to recycle or enhance etc them. Thus there will be no concern about them being turned into ingots if that is really the EMs concern. Now at the actual event EM Drosselmeyer and EM Dranmar led us all to believe that it must be some mistake, and they would have Mesanna fix them. There must be some miscommunication going between the EMs and Mesanna, and its up to us to make sure we get them fixed since Mesanna clearly stated she didn't mind fixing them.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't recall where she posted it, but Ivy had posted a recap from Dross. She'd said that he'd come to the Vesper auction following that event, and stated that those cutlasses being non-equippable was an unavoidable side-effect of them being made a weapon type which could not be smelted, that the goal was to avoid them being smelted/turned into special color ingots/made into other things just to use the special hue.
sorry but i had to lol at this. the swords are GREY. thats the dumbest reason for something to be made unequipable. i could see if they were glacial pink or something, but Gray? we already have like 100 colors of grey to choose from who cares if theres one more color of grey.

If we were lied to, and they were actually requested by the EM to be no useable / equipable than thats very dissappointing.

i guess im just mad because i actually like this item, but wouldnt want a sword that i couldnt hold or the headache of trying to get it fixed (i did get something fixed before, but it took over 3 months of emails back and forth before it finally got done)

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow....The EMs completely lied to all the players who were at the event.

Kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
:(

I would like to purchase one of these whenever they are fixed. Or not fixed. But either way I've been waiting to see what happens before I look to buy.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
May I ask why it matters if it can be equipped? If only a couple couldn't, then there'd be something to fix. But if they all can't be, and the word is that it's intentional, then what is there to fix? It's not as though folks are going to go hunting with these... Sure, you have to place it on a table, not a mannequin, to display... but that's true of many other "armor/weapon-like" items, such as hanging armors, as well as of the recent anniversary gift swords. I have "well used toy swords" from 2010 which also can't be equipped. I wouldn't say those are "broken", since that too was intended...

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
May I ask why it matters if it can be equipped? If only a couple couldn't, then there'd be something to fix. But if they all can't be, and the word is that it's intentional, then what is there to fix? It's not as though folks are going to go hunting with these... Sure, you have to place it on a table, not a mannequin, to display... but that's true of many other "armor/weapon-like" items, such as hanging armors, as well as of the recent anniversary gift swords. I have "well used toy swords" from 2010 which also can't be equipped. I wouldn't say those are "broken", since that too was intended...

I see this as a majority thing than anything else. With the gift items you mentioned @brianfreud2, the majority enjoyed them more as a deco type item that can be locked down and displayed. With the event (very limited drop compared to the other items) items they tend to land in the hand of rares collectors who like to display with with other rares type items like armor and shields. I, myself, prefer to display my weapons using mannequins and since you are unable to equip them you cannot use a mannequin.. And from what i see Nails pointing out is that there seems to be a majority that would want them equippable. So brings the issue now of the confusion between what the EM told the group and what Mesanna has said to players requesting the fix. If the EM stated that there was an issue with the cutlass being equipped and was looking into getting it fixed then the matter at hand should be for the EM to get with Mesanna and resolve the problem.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The toy swords weren't gifts. :p

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i can see the toy swords as being a legit reason tho if the equipable status has something to do with being smeltable. the benefit of them being the special color vrs equipable is a decent tradedoff (that being said im pretty sure i have seen the green toy swords being in someones paperdoll)

there is no reason that this item, that everyone would think could be equiped should not be if nothing more than to "ruin" the item.

when selling an item, you should not have to explain "oh by the way this item cant be worn because its wierd / broken"

P.S. that staff with invisibility charges? also epic fail and im sure it was the EMs inside joke at making a totally worthless item that cannot be actually worn. what a joke lol.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
EM Drosselmeyer has placed me in charge of arranging, collecting the silver pirate cutlasses for repair. If you or anyone you know wants them fixed please get them to me as soon as possible. I currently have possession of 8 cutlasses. It is my understanding that when I have as many as I am going to get I will then meet up with EM Drosselmeyer and Mesanna privately to have them fixed. Thank you!

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I will email EM Drosselmeyer and Mesanna to see if its necessary to transfer them. I mean couldn't they just log in on each shard I have them on? Wouldn't take much extra time right? Nonetheless, I will verify this. With Lord Arms, and one others, I will have 10.