• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FYI: EM Kasaven requests to RBG

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Corvak

Hawkeye, The problem is security. While we could recruit everyone into a non-faction RBG guild - holding a rank in that guild would make me feel as if I were getting special treatment from the EM.

Being the only RBG on the shard would mean that we'd have to remove any recruitment requirements (out of fairness to the shard) and these people you were worried about could probably get in easily. We'd have to enforce the rules with a lot of kicking after the fact, and be unable to trust our fellow guild members.

I apologize for my inexperience, as I don't know much about the dynamics of RP guild warring, but I think it simply means other RBG guilds would have to be warred as well, for the purpose of RPing conflicts between good and evil guilds.

Currently our recruitment requirements are rather simple, three rules, and a "get to know you" interview.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I guess my question would be, if you want autonomy from the EM's being involved in the running of your regiments, why not use names that reflect the regiments? For example, there is an Umbra regiment as I understand it. Why not a name such as "Umbra Regimental Brigade" or something similar. To my way of thinking, and I'll admit I probably need much more coffee this morning, would that not solve all of the problems?

1. The ones who wish to RP a structured fighting unit would have a way to do so.

2. The ones who want to choose who joins the unit would do so leaving no room for anyone to comment outside of the guild.

3. The regiments would have no requirement to listen to the EM direction.

4. Factions would be a non issue as what you do with your personal guild is your business.

5. Any player who chose to be part of the larger umbrella of the Royal Guard could declare themselves so and show up to defend when the call is sent.

6. You could quickly and easily kick anyone who joined simply to grief. Although, my personal opinion is, this would be less of an issue under this structure. Perhaps I'm wrong.

I know I no longer post here a lot but I do read voraciously. It was the joke with several of my guildmates that if they needed a question answered, they should just ask me because I would more likely than not have a link to the information. I try very hard to do a lot of research on the facts before I ever post the first word on a topic that is as strongly debated as this one.

From my reading of the way this was started and the meetings I attended in the beginning, the RBG guild was started as a way to offer formal training and regiments in a role play environment. The input of the EM's was requested and it was agreed that no one would be excluded. The guild and various regiments would have captains but all would answer to the Commander (played by one of the Event Moderators) as the final voice.

I will admit that I had no interest in formally joining this as O*S is my home and my family and I do not wish to leave O*S ever. However, I still show up and fight along side when called. However, I do not feel it fair to say that I'm not a part of the guard because I do not wear the RBG tag. Therefore, I attended the meeting Monday night to ask these questions and try to get a better feel for things. I spent a lot of time observing before I ever ventured the first question. Speaking with Pandora and several others somewhat eased my mind.

However, to then come to the boards and see "Mind your own business" directed towards our EM's when their input was requested at the beginning was beyond worrying. From my perspective, and I'm gladly willing to admit this is MY PERSONAL OPINION, it looks as though the EM's were wanted as participants until they disagreed with how several things were done. At no point did the EM's ask to have the guild disbanded. They did say that if it was not open and fair to all, they could have no involvement. As they well should have. But they stated their objections and issues reasonably and, again, at no point, said that anyone could not do something. In fact, EM Kasaven made several suggestions on ways to compromise. He was not met with much success. As I understood it, his two main issues were:

1. The Royal Guard being part of factions as this limits who can, or will, join.
2. The requirement for the Guards to attend training on another shard.

I think the question boils down to, is this a matter of the Royal Britannian Guard or this a matter of a guild. It cannot be both. If it's a matter of a guild, then that guild can't reflect the RBG title without causing conflict and misunderstanding. If it's a matter of the larger Royal Britannian Guard, then that is under the authority of the EM's and is a different animal altogether.

Please understand, I'm truly not trying to point any fingers or start anything and I'm not trying to step into anyone else's business on how they run their guilds. However, we are not talking about the mere running of a guild. We are talking about the Royal Britannian Guard and all that that concept brings with it. I appreciate the courtesy that Pandora showed me at the meeting in trying to help answer my questions and I enjoyed her questions as well. Discussion is the point when it comes to something that concerns the whole shard. And this does concern the whole shard, at least as far as anyone who wants to play the part of defenders of the land.

I believe I still have a copy of the logs from the meeting. If so, I will post them tonight. I WILL edit out Aedon and Thom's ICQ numbers but the rest of the text will remain. If I have misunderstood something then I would definitely appreciate it being pointed out to me. And I'm not being snarky saying that. I can only go with what I see posted and what I hear from the meetings I attend. If there is more than I am seeing, I would welcome the enlightenment.

C

Corvak

Urg. So very tempted to sell off my houses and go play LOTRO sometimes. :(

I don't think this argument will ever end, and I can't see it working out favorably where I can just try RPing without worrying about underlying conflict with the rest of the shard.

Just can't gain a friend without gaining their enemies on this place.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Corvak, truly I understand that sentiment.

I honestly only want to try to help reach some compromise that will work for everyone and encourage new players to stand with us when called. I would not presume to tell anyone how to play their game just as I expect the same consideration. :)

It just hurts to see the shard torn apart over the ONE thing that should unite us. God knows, there's enough stuff every day to tear us apart. Isn't there enough room for everyone in this? The Royal Britannian Guard is above and beyond our differences. As I said before, it's the one shining example of the time we come together to stand united.

I'm only begging that we keep it as that ideal.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would also like to acknowledge that the words and blunt nature of Pitr's OP certainly were borderline "rude,"
Borderline rude? It was beyond that Zuckuss and you know it. Had I or Devin said it perhaps you and Oriana would actually see it for what it is.

I assure you it is not a "certain group of people seeing an opportunity to attack" as I have purposefully kept myself and my guild as far away from your circle as possible.

This is about respecting someone who puts in the time and effort to make this shard better. EM Kasaven doesn't deserve to be told to **** off or mind his own business. The Royal Guard isn't a "private" group of people where there should be any secrets. He had every right to say what he did when he did, in a public area where everyone could stay informed.
Pitr didn't like what he had to say, so everyone here is saying make your own guild out of RBG and roleplay it how you want... but don't call yourself the official royal guard. No need for "borderline rude" comments.
Oriana didn't like Kasaven's choice of location/time for the discussion?? Gee, that's too bad since the Royal Guard is not a guild but compromised of the entire shard and any character who wants to interact as a royal guard may do so at any given time. It was public, for anyone and everyone to hear.

If you refuse to see any of this then I really don't know how to better explain it to you. It is what it is. It's pretty black and white.

C

CatLord

"mind your own business" sure did its work... thank you all for your input.

It is fun to see that no matter how much time goes by, things always stay the same.

So lets see...

If you want to have a saying in RBG, join and you will have the same weight than any of us does.
1 vote.

Regarding what we cant and cannot do... suggestions are welcomed. Orders... in front of a biased room that was hungry for an argument, not that smart.

Anyhow, all is moving like it should... RBG exploding into action on Catskills like it has on many other shards. The Rpers taking charge of towns and the old status quo gone forever... new people taking the stage, old players having a seat and enjoying the show...

Renewal is in motion... and that is great to see in the community.
(even if it takes some provocation to get things rolling)

Regarding Factions:
It might be fun for the EM to create a NPC for each Faction... that way I would have not been bugged for having the Royal Britannian Guard in TB... which is its birthplace. Or maybe some other excuse would have been found...

About being open to all... I wish I was as naive as I was some years ago.
However, after I united TB in the DoD project... and it ended with the beaten factions joining our Trammel based Alliance and pking the TNK and GRI crafters... my innocence is long gone.

RBG is TB to protect us from the scum that exists on Catskills and that tried to join RBG or the trammel based Alliance, on the same day Commander Olivia had her first meeting.
(Scarst was in party, he saw the development of that effort... while this is the full report of the previous attack and how we countered... WARNING - Ultima Online Forums )

There is a solution for this... I will open RBG to everyone, remove it from TB, have no security measures... If the EM takes full responsability for any attack on the RBG members and guilds we are warring... and bans the offending account, and all that play from the same location or use the same CC... and he gives back any missing items taken from those attacks... then we can drop our security.

Until then I am responsible for the safety of the RBG members, for the high level of honor in our guild/structure... for the defense of all those we are highlighted to.

It is easy to ask when you dont have the responsability in your hands.
It is easy to point our flaws when there is no consequence to you if we fail.

The EM and the members of the community asked me to open RBG to all... I said NO.

and the reason for my NO is simple... security comes first, the security of RBG and the security of those we interact with... plus my honor is tied to RBG... if I let pkers in the rp community what would happen to it.

Not taking any chances.

If you dont understand that... then it is "not my problem".

I hope all is clear now.

Thanks for making RBG the center of attention... we have people from other shards coming to join in our fun.

To Hawkeye Pike,Corvak and Orcenborn:
Report from New Haven - Ultima Online Forums

Thank you.

PS:
I forgot... if you have questions... ask.
If you ask them to the wrong person, you will get partial information.
Then you post half truths... and then everything is a mess.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I invite you to read the link found on the official UO Herald Website which contains the New Player Guide put out by the Developers and Owners of Ultima Online.

Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online - Play the 14-Day Free Trial!

In particular, these two introductions under Important People. (Emphasis is my own)

Commander of the Royal Guard
The Commander rules over the actions of Britannia's Royal Guard and is an important member of the Ruling Council.

Geoffrey
Another member of the Ruling Council, Geoffrey is Captain of the Royal Guard and an excellent fighter. He is loyal to Lord British and does what he can to help protect Britannia.

I also invite anyone to search through the British News Network reports that can also be found on the UO Herald Website for more official references to the Royal Guard.

Again, this is the Mythic Entertainment|Ultima Online official website I'm referring to.

C

CatLord

I fully agree with that.

All town Captains have the duty to serve the Town Mayors and their higher ranking Officers.

On Catskills... Commander Olivia and Captain Avery.

On the EM website there is a FAQ about RBG and the struture... it is exactly what you posted.

(I believe Geoffrey retired in the beggining of this Spring, but I could be wrong...)

This reminds me of the two rumours wandering around:
- I am not trying to create and lead an Army of Dawn into Felucca (even if TB control it)
- I have no wish to be the Commander of RBG.

The initial structure was something like that... but I disliked it.
So I contacted the EMs and explained them the RBG structure.

Each town would have a guild that would try to develop it... then each town would have a RBG Regiment to defend that guild and that town.

Each Captain was going to be under the highest ranking officer on Catskills... that was Robert.
http://catskills.uoem.net/?page_id=75
(that is where we got our uniforms)

Then we were surprised with the creation of a Commander and EM Nathael posting this...
http://catskills.uoem.net/?p=560

But I kept my promise... I left the RBG leadership to the Six Captains and the RBG members.
I never told them anything but... "please talk to the other Captains and please keep me in the dark regarding all events"... my characters are under Corvak, Podolak and Mathena.

We offered the GMship of RBG to the EMs... and we were told they could not meddle with guild affairs.

So a structure was created, there was no way for a Captain to influence the others... each was independent.
Powers were apart.
And all they had to do was enjoy RP and ignore politics... (so much for a good plan)

However some wanted to be the RBG GM... not understanding that not having a leader was the only way for each Captain to take a central role... and for a character outside the guild to be able to summon us all to action.

Everytime we were called... we answered
Everytime there was an event... we helped

And then one of the Captains asked me to give up gmship and give it to her... not fully understanding the concept of RBG... so I also said NO (I am starting to be good at this NO thing...)

Each Captain should be independent... Alan Jenks, Va'lis, Mathena, Kalmar, Podolak and Corvak were never told what to do or how to do it... they have complete control over their Regiments.

This wasnt enough for some...

So turmoil started... misinformation flew... and we are where we are.

This is the struture we had with the EMs... and the FAQ our "contract of service"

http://catskills.uoem.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/RBG-and-RBG-Regiment-Structure.jpg
(dont you love it when politics and rp mix together?)

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To many posts all of them so long and not really saying much that hasn't been said, We've established everyone's side and basically everyone has said a piece.
I'm out of here.

*Leaves thread and destroys respond button*

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:drama:
I fully agree with that.

All town Captains have the duty to serve the Town Mayors and their higher ranking Officers.

On Catskills... Commander Olivia and Captain Avery.

On the EM website there is a FAQ about RBG and the struture... it is exactly what you posted.

(I believe Geoffrey retired in the beggining of this Spring, but I could be wrong...)

This reminds me of the two rumours wandering around:
- I am not trying to create and lead an Army of Dawn into Felucca (even if TB control it)
- I have no wish to be the Commander of RBG.

The initial structure was something like that... but I disliked it.
So I contacted the EMs and explained them the RBG structure.

Each town would have a guild that would try to develop it... then each town would have a RBG Regiment to defend that guild and that town.

Each Captain was going to be under the highest ranking officer on Catskills... that was Robert.
Robert the Royal Guard : Catskills
(that is where we got our uniforms)

Then we were surprised with the creation of a Commander and EM Nathael posting this...
A Helpful Guide and FAQ for the Royal Britannian Guard Regiments. : Catskills

But I kept my promise... I left the RBG leadership to the Six Captains and the RBG members.
I never told them anything but... "please talk to the other Captains and please keep me in the dark regarding all events"... my characters are under Corvak, Podolak and Mathena.

We offered the GMship of RBG to the EMs... and we were told they could not meddle with guild affairs.

So a structure was created, there was no way for a Captain to influence the others... each was independent.
Powers were apart.
And all they had to do was enjoy RP and ignore politics... (so much for a good plan)

However some wanted to be the RBG GM... not understanding that not having a leader was the only way for each Captain to take a central role... and for a character outside the guild to be able to summon us all to action.

Everytime we were called... we answered
Everytime there was an event... we helped

And then one of the Captains asked me to give up gmship and give it to her... not fully understanding the concept of RBG... so I also said NO (I am starting to be good at this NO thing...)

Each Captain should be independent... Alan Jenks, Va'lis, Mathena, Kalmar, Podolak and Corvak were never told what to do or how to do it... they have complete control over their Regiments.

This wasnt enough for some...

So turmoil started... misinformation flew... and we are where we are.

(dont you love it when politics and rp mix together?)

C

CatLord

Anne, would you please post the meeting log?

Thank you.

@Devin: good to see you around. I wont even argue with you...

K

KodozPGoH

Perhaps this can be settled simply.

When speaking of the guild titled 'The Royal Brittanian Guard' or their regiments, just refer to them as [RGB]. This makes it clear you are referring only to the guild. When referring to the concept of which this guild has no ownership, control, or leadership over, merely say RGB. This has gone far enough on our shard and the bickering needs to end. This is nearly identical to a group of children saying 'Well, I'm going to be a detective!'
"Fine, then I'm the chief of police!"
'Oh yeah, well I'm FBI!'
"Okay, I'm FBI Director"
'Well I'm the president!"

This is absurd. [RGB] can be whatever it wants to be. The RGB is a real and finite thing, and it is run by the EM's and it's followers are whomever wishes to roleplay that. You can easily make your own guild on the concept if you wish. If you wish to roleplay it, roleplay it. However, remember, roleplaying is about OOC respect and IC accountability. If you are not willing to hold to these tenets of it, then you perhaps do not fit into the roleplaying area.

And for all those who wish to keep clinging to 'Oh, we knew this specific group would do that' 'Well, that group does this!'. I've been here for over a decade. This song and dance is getting old. Differences of opinion do not have to mean that someone has a grudge against you or your group. Sometimes it just means that people don't agree with you. And that's fine; If everyone agreed we'd never see new ideas.

Now please, may we get back to playing the game and having fun?

C

CatLord

Actually... and looking back.

RBG was open to all.

Flutter was given RBG Captainship of Britain, to do what she pleased.
She join and then and she Capitulated...

I cant do more to prove my commitment to shard peace and unity.
She got the Core Regiment to lead as she saw fit...

If people wanted proof of my will to work hard towards some kind of commitment... dont forget this detail.

For people to be... they would have to join in and rp.
For people to prevent it... all they need to do is bicker.

Flutter had the Britain RBG Captainship.

You are close to the truth brother... but it isnt about people wanting to be. It is about preventing others of becoming.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This "discussion" is starting to go in circles. I see no point in continuing it. At this point everyone has said their piece, so I think we can end this.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thread is not re-open for discussion, but here (for anyone who wants to read it) is the chat log from the meeting with EM Kasaven.
part 1 said:
Elder EM Kasaven: How many representatives of the RBG are in attendance?
Hamburglar: *raises hand*
CatLord: *raises hand*
Marius: *raises hand*
Grimmjow: *raises hand*
Barnaby Baggins: *raises hand*
Pandora: I am semi-representative... in a way.
Cyric Algalon: *raises hand*
Elder EM Kasaven: Ok, things I'd like to discuss in their current capacity
Elder EM Kasaven: Are RBG divisions, guilds/alliances, factions, and training.
Pandora: *nods*
Elder EM Kasaven: I'll start with something I don't agree with, in factions.
Elder EM Kasaven: Well first let me say
Elder EM Kasaven: EMs are more than willing to work with any RP community or organization
Elder EM Kasaven: as long as you are willing to allow anyone to be involved
Elder EM Kasaven: anyone with genuine interest
Elder EM Kasaven: Now, to me, factions doesn't allow everyone with genuine interest to be involved.
CatLord: *nods*
Rameses: *agrees*
Elder EM Kasaven: What do you all think?
Not The Sharpest: Agreed.
Sindaria: Agreed
Amroth: I fully agree.
Not The Sharpest: Totally Bias and UNFAIR!
CatLord: will be put to vote...
Not The Sharpest: *pounds fist*
CatLord: if majorityof rbg agrees
Not The Sharpest: LOL
CatLord: we change that
Elder EM Kasaven: Well, there are a few suggestions for it
CatLord: *takes notes*
CatLord: please proceed
Elder EM Kasaven: I know people aren't fond of parting with faction gear
Pandora: Well I certainly have had a tough time with it.
Elder EM Kasaven: Though I also know that isn't the main point of being in factions in the RBG
Elder EM Kasaven: So one suggestion is to allow regiments to form their own guilds
Elder EM Kasaven: WRBG
Elder EM Kasaven: Wind RBG
Elder EM Kasaven: Umbra RBG
Elder EM Kasaven: URBG
Elder EM Kasaven: So on
Pandora: I believe factions to be a pvp system, not a rp system.
Elder EM Kasaven: I don't think it is an absolute necessity for these guilds to be allied
Elder EM Kasaven: Aye I agree mostly with that
Thom: *nods*
You see: Lord Owl [K^S]
Aedon Durreah: *nods oin agreement*
CatLord: *raises hand*
Elder EM Kasaven: *nods to Catlord*
CatLord: that was tested in chessie before its current form
CatLord: in 2005
You see: Hazel [GRI]
CatLord: about being TB
CatLord: the night commander olivia was created
CatLord: and introduced
CatLord: we had a player trying to join us
CatLord: and very friendly
Elder EM Kasaven: *nods*
CatLord: for the entire night
CatLord: scum will be scum
Pandora: Aye. But that's part of the game.
CatLord: no matter the perfum
Kira: who cal the pirates?
Kira: kidding
CatLord: so we have an elaborate security system
CatLord: the sonoma boot camp
Pandora: I feel we're supposed to have "spies"...
Pandora: It enhances the RP.
Pandora: That's a problem as well.
Elder EM Kasaven: I'm not aware of the situation
Elder EM Kasaven: but
CatLord: blindness leads to mistakes
Elder EM Kasaven: I'm confused how that pertains to factions
CatLord: rbg did none
Pandora: Most do not want to create a character on Sonoma.
CatLord: if our members vote on change
CatLord: it will be implemented
Pandora: I'd rather have our own way.
CatLord: that is also the opyion
Elder EM Kasaven: well, how do you propose to take said vote?
CatLord: ask each member to post
Elder EM Kasaven: With so many forums and timeframes of activity
Elder EM Kasaven: it is hard to be fair in that regard.
CatLord: we know each one
Cyric Algalon: No forums, do it ingame with a ballot box
Grimmjow: agreed cyric
Thom: *raises hand*
CatLord: it is my job to know each member..
Pandora: Is it?
CatLord: and we can have the vote anywhere
CatLord: one man... one vote
Elder EM Kasaven: Aye, Thom?
CatLord: females too
Thom: I'd just like to ask if this vote is also going to include other guilds having to form an emissary
Thom: guild or not.
Pandora: *raises hand*
Elder EM Kasaven: In regards to emissary guild
Aedon Durreah: A sound question
Elder EM Kasaven: You speak of, for instance, a trinsic RBG??
Elder EM Kasaven: TRBG??
Thom: Aye.
Pandora: Can I address Lord Thom for a second?
a horse
You see: a horse
Elder EM Kasaven: Aye go ahead
Pandora: RBG are guards. Little else.
Thom: We already had assurances from Commander Kanlock that there would not be a Trinsic regiment.
Pandora: I think the view that we're supposed to somehow
Aedon Durreah: *nods*
Pandora: be involved in diplomacy got a bit skewed
Pandora: I would like to propose a town hall meeting with diplomats selected
Elder EM Kasaven: The crown knows about Trinsic and the Guardians.
Thom: *nods to Pandora, then Kasaven*
Pandora: from all the major guilds
Pandora: held monthly
Pandora: other shards do this
Pandora: and do it well
Pandora: and maybe EM Kas or Barn can join us.
Aedon Durreah: We were sent a diplomat. We sort of...lost him.
Elder EM Kasaven: Well, as long as it isn't subjective to only certain folks
Pandora: And we leave diplomacy out of RBG.
Thom: I have no problem with that, but there have been problems trying to do that before.
CatLord: and create an elite...
Thom: Mainly to do with independents.
Pandora: Nope, open to any that wish to address political issues.
CatLord: funny how it all comes to the little power political games...
CatLord: rbg has no control over towns
Elder EM Kasaven: They do not.
CatLord: we serve the guilds there
CatLord: that is it
Pandora: RBG are just guards... nothing else.
Thom: I didn't claim PGoH owned the town or were seeking to run it, I said we had assurances we were
CatLord: each regiment is independent
Thom: the guards without having to be RBG
CatLord: look
Elder EM Kasaven: The function of the RBG is to be the hand of the crown.
Aedon Durreah: And have long been so.
CatLord: before we went to aegis
Elder EM Kasaven: In certain jurisdictions
CatLord: we had a long long chat
CatLord: and got invited to visit
Pandora: PGoH, from my understanding from Katherine
Pandora: does NOT lay claim to Trinsic
Aedon Durreah: *nods to Cat*
CatLord: we never went un invited
Pandora: They are the protectorant to the city.
Thom: We lay claim to the protection of Trinsic, not the town itself.
Cyric Algalon: The assurances given to PGOH and such are why a monthly meeting would be nice. A lot of us don't know the history there, as it goes back for years.
CatLord: except with em nathael
Pandora: Aye.
CatLord: but that was not our mistake
Elder EM Kasaven: *nods to Cyric*
Thom: Nathael was supposed to make the information public.
Thom: *shrugs*
CatLord: your ideas are most welcomed
CatLord: but we have a path
CatLord: very simple path
Pandora: Ok, so I will
Cyric Algalon: I have been on cats for close to two years, and still, i'm new to the shard compared to the age of some of the storylines here. I'd love to hear some of them.
CatLord: no captain
Pandora: get together with Kas/Barn and address the Town Hall meeting.
CatLord: will touch all bases
CatLord: that simple
CatLord: if i am being confusing
CatLord: let me know
Elder EM Kasaven: Okay the official regard
Elder EM Kasaven: To Trinsic
CatLord: alot is lost in translation
Elder EM Kasaven: From the crown is this :
Elder EM Kasaven: The PGoH are not considered a RBG regiment. They ARE considered the protectorate.
Elder EM Kasaven: They are a RBG in everything but name
Elder EM Kasaven: Therefore the crown feels there is no need nor want to issue a RBG to trinsic
Aedon Durreah: *nods agreement.*
CatLord: that was pgoh fear?
Thom: Thank you sir.
Elder EM Kasaven: fear?
Pandora: I agree with that statement and invite them to participate with us.
Thom: (that was pgoh rp)
Aedon Durreah: *grins*
CatLord: everyone knows pgoh is a protectorate
Elder EM Kasaven: Now that said I would love to see an active PGoH do more with Trinsic
Elder EM Kasaven: as it is now
CatLord: solomon wright proved it so
Elder EM Kasaven: Same as any regiment and any town
Thom: Working on it. Been a slow summer.
Pandora: Hear, hear!
Elder EM Kasaven: Aye, for all
Aedon Durreah: They threw me in jail there once
Elder EM Kasaven: There are far too many towns for Trinsic to be an issue of RBG sort
Thom: *coughs*
CatLord: that was posted
Aedon Durreah: *grins at Thom*
CatLord: and skara isnt to be used too
CatLord: rangers have that
CatLord: we did our home work
Elder EM Kasaven: I don't know the extent of that, but there are enough towns as I said it should not be an issue
CatLord: there are not enough players for all
Pandora: Umbra
CatLord: two brit captains have capitulated
Pandora: has been very busy
Pandora: we're building an outpost
Pandora: that will need inspection soon
Aedon Durreah: Aye busy, but is there life miss?
Aedon Durreah: *grins at her*
Elder EM Kasaven: *smiles*
Pandora: but i am hoping others follow (you dont have to build one really, take over a building)
CatLord: so lets see if this is all
Pandora: Yes, very much so!
CatLord: you dont htink rbg should be tb
Pandora: I do not.
You see: Lady Of the Woods the Driven
CatLord: you think each town should have a guild
Elder EM Kasaven: Well
Elder EM Kasaven: Those are two issues that kind of effect one another
CatLord: and that skara and trinsic have their own rbg
Elder EM Kasaven: If RBG was not factions, there would be little need for seperate guilds
Elder EM Kasaven: imo
CatLord: i have to protect my members
Elder EM Kasaven: If people want seperate guilds, that is also fine.
CatLord: sorry about that
CatLord: but they come first
Elder EM Kasaven: That is fine, but that isn't what the guard is about.
Elder EM Kasaven: It is about being open
Grimmjow: of i may interject
Talon Silverhawk: K^S, Knights of Solamnia would guard Vesper.
CatLord: it is open
Grimmjow: *if
CatLord: you just said they can make town guilds
Elder EM Kasaven: *nods to Talon*
Pandora: *raises hand*
CatLord: *looks*
Aedon Durreah: I have a large stick, I can guard Yew.
Owl: Yup
Pandora: He said that would also be accepted.
Thom: *grins*
Aedon Durreah: Nothing but rats there anyways,
Grimmjow: *raises hand*
Elder EM Kasaven: Aye, grimm?
Pandora: I am looking forward to Iron Chef Sosaria in Yew!
Grimmjow: pandora first
Aedon Durreah: *chuckles at her*
You see: water
Pandora: Go ahead Grim
Elder EM Kasaven: Grim go ahead for speeds sake
Elder EM Kasaven: *chuckles*
Aedon Durreah: *laughs*
Grimmjow: imo and experiance seperate guilds could be disasterous
Grimmjow: one power hungry player
Grimmjow: doesnt want to RP or communicate with other regiments
Grimmjow: puts a bad name out for RBG
Elder EM Kasaven: What is to stop said scenario from happening within a singular RBG?
Elder EM Kasaven: There are still different regiments
CatLord: me
Elder EM Kasaven: Just not in guild tag
Pandora: Exactly my point...
CatLord: that is the difference
Grimmjow: aye but we are unified this way
Cyric Algalon: If I may.. the real issue on the table here, is security.
Grimmjow: seperate would lead to downfal
Anne Nomilly: if I could ask a question please on this matter?
Elder EM Kasaven: Well as it is, factions makes it hard to incldue everyone.
CatLord: *looks*
Pandora: Actually, I think its BETTER because you could technically "go rouge" and be charged with treason
Aedon Durreah: *looks towards Anne*
Elder EM Kasaven: Aye, go ahead Anne.
Pandora: and that invites more role play.
Anne Nomilly: what of the players who do not wish to leave their own guilds? I proudly wear an RBG sash from
Anne Nomilly: long ago, I've helped defend when called
Grimmjow: aye pandora i agree on that point but itll come down to hackers and poeple like CIA
Elder EM Kasaven: Well, when it comes down to it
Elder EM Kasaven: In character, if you are accepted by your regiment
Pandora: Anne, I think you could ally yourself with a regiment and be part of it without the need to tag.
Elder EM Kasaven: Queen Dawn doesn't see guild tags.
Pandora: That means you do not trust your Captains?
Elder EM Kasaven: She sees who has passed the initations
Grimmjow: im not saying that
Elder EM Kasaven: Who is trusted among their RBG regiment
Anne Nomilly: when you say ally, do you mean formal alliance with in game mechanics?
Grimmjow: im saying i dont trust poeple who up and create thier own
Pandora: Nope. I think accepted as PART of the crew, basically.
Cyric Algalon: If you have a moment...I would like to put forward a third option.
Pandora: no game mechanics needed
Elder EM Kasaven: One moment lets finish with Anne's question
Elder EM Kasaven: Aye I agree
Anne Nomilly: I think there is some confusion when people say "ally" that just needs to be cleared up
Pandora: aye...
Elder EM Kasaven: an RP alliance of sorts can link you to a regiment
Pandora: my apologies for lack of a better word
Elder EM Kasaven: But that needs to be documented first with the current Commander of the RBG
Elder EM Kasaven: or Dawn herself
Anne Nomilly: *nods*
Anne Nomilly: thank you
Elder EM Kasaven: Cyric before you speak
Elder EM Kasaven: Lets take 2 minutes to grab a drink or whatever.
Pandora: Commander Kanlocke will be available then? She's recovered from the flu?
Elder EM Kasaven: *Slips into a trance*
Cyric Algalon: Fine with me :)
Aedon Durreah: *thinks of setting his green shoes on fire*
Lady Pandora : You are invited to join the party. Type /accept to join or /decline to decline the offer.
You have been added to the party.
Anne Nomilly : joined the party.
You have chosen to prevent your party from looting your corpse.
You see: Lord Legolas the Infiltrator
[Lady Pandora]: Anne, pleased to meet you..
[Anne Nomilly]: greetings *smiles*
[Aedon Durreah]: you should see what would happen if I got fully started.
[Aedon Durreah]: hi Anne
[Lady Pandora]: allow me to clarify... when I said ally (poor use of the word)
[Anne Nomilly]: lol Hi honey
EM Barnaby: *whistles a tune*
[Lady Pandora]: i mean just an "understanding"
[Lady Pandora]: that you would be part of any regiment of your choosing, ofc you would have to go through
Kira: no one is talking?
[Lady Pandora]: whatever the em's are saying, like document it through Commander Kanlocke's office or
[Lady Pandora]: whatever.
Cyric Algalon: Kasaven asked for a brief pause
EM Barnaby: Perhaps everyone took a break
Kira: oh
Not The Sharpest: Wrong.
Not The Sharpest: I'm here!
Not The Sharpest: =o
EM Barnaby: yep, you got me there
EM Barnaby: *chuckles*
[Anne Nomilly]: aye, honestly, my main concern is this, I'll try to make sense here, bear with me
[Lady Pandora]: k
Elder EM Kasaven: Okay I'm back
Kira: oh
Elder EM Kasaven: Lets give it one more minute
Elder EM Kasaven: and we can resume
[Anne Nomilly]: the Royal Guard, to me at least, has always stood for defending our lands
[Anne Nomilly]: regardless of guild affiliation
Elder EM Kasaven: Vallend I'm counting on you
[Lady Pandora]: aye
[CatLord]: i agree
Elder EM Kasaven: to record all this information
Elder EM Kasaven: *grins*
[Anne Nomilly]: joining when called to protect what needs protecting
[CatLord]: so we have.
[Anne Nomilly]: I just want to be sure that everyone realizes, that is still the case and that it's not
[Anne Nomilly]: just a guild affiliation wearing an RBG tag
[CatLord]: i invited flutter and devin to join it
[Aedon Durreah]: more an alliance on paper like Aegis has with Silverwood
[CatLord]: i cant do more
[Lady Pandora]: aye this concept of a "guild" is new to some, it comes from other shards.
[Anne Nomilly]: aye Aedon, one that says, I defend this land with my blood when called
[Lady Pandora]: but that doesnt meant that both cant work
[Aedon Durreah]: yup
[Anne Nomilly]: not because of a guild tag or alliance tag I wear
Elder EM Kasaven: Okay everyone good to go ?
Not The Sharpest: Yessir!
Kira: aye
Grimmjow: aye
Not The Sharpest: *cracks whip*
Cyric Algalon: Yep
Elder EM Kasaven: Ok, Cyric you'll have the floor let me say one thing first
Elder EM Kasaven: Regarding the commander
[CatLord]: what do you think rbg is trying to do?
You see: Im'bu'rg
Elder EM Kasaven: She was effected by the Blackrock Golem a couple weeks back
[Aedon Durreah]: take over the world?
[Anne Nomilly]: honestly, the way it gets worded sometimes, I'm really not sure
Elder EM Kasaven: Whether she was poisoned or what the cause, we are not certain
[CatLord]: at the last event... i was guarding a moongate
[Anne Nomilly]: sometimes it sounds like you aren't a "royal guard" if you aren't in the guilds
[CatLord]: and pitr was gating into the pirates
Elder EM Kasaven: But this is part of the reason we are going to retrieve Owain
[CatLord]: before that... i was sentry at umbra
Elder EM Kasaven: I am not very concerned for his safety against Relvinian
[CatLord]: rbg is service.
[Anne Nomilly]: my guard sash is one of my most cherished possessions
Elder EM Kasaven: he can handle himself well
[Lady Pandora]: and apparently
Elder EM Kasaven: But he is needed here, if anyone can help her, it is him.
[Lady Pandora]: one that can be taken from you
[Anne Nomilly]: because it reminds me that I answered when called
[CatLord]: i wont use mine until i finish this
[Lady Pandora]: ..... dont get me started on that
[Lady Pandora]: *snickers*
Elder EM Kasaven: For those who were unaware he was actually taken that night
Elder EM Kasaven: After the crystal was stolen from Aegis
[CatLord]: and i was very careful not to steop on aedon... or anyone else.
Elder EM Kasaven: when investigating Relvinian's grave.
[CatLord]: service was offered
Elder EM Kasaven: The ground swallowed him, literally.
Elder EM Kasaven: *grimaces*
[CatLord]: not advice or anything else
Elder EM Kasaven: Okay thank you for waiting Cyric, go ahead.
Cyric Algalon: Ok. Well after hearing the two current ideas regarding RBG structure...both of them sound rather complex.
Cyric Algalon: I think all the guild tags for each town would just get confusing, especially if they were all in an ingame alliance.
This account is 137 months old
Cyric Algalon: Personally, I think we should ignore guild tags, when it comes to playing our RBG characters.
Pandora: They do not have to have a FORMAL alliance.
Thom: *leans over to Aedon*
Aedon Durreah: *leans in*
Thom : joined the party.
Aedon Durreah: send word sir
[Lady Pandora]: better to talk this way, thom
Cyric Algalon: I think anyone ought to be able to apply and join a current regiment - or form their own, within their current guilds
[Thom]: yeah, I tried but he was already partied so I had to do what I had to do :)
Aedon Durreah: Have a pleasent night
[Lady Pandora]: haha
[Aedon Durreah]: hehe
ahan: Vas Flam - Fireball
Elder EM Kasaven: Well, the only problem with that is people taking up unregistered guilds and claiming to be RBG
[Lady Pandora]: so we can all get together and draft an outline of the concerns we wish to address for
[Lady Pandora]: the town hall
CatLord: you can handle all the logistics...
Elder EM Kasaven: Of course they wouldn't be recognized by the crown, but at the same time
[Lady Pandora]: meeting
CatLord: yuk..
Elder EM Kasaven: I'd be worried about people trying to form alliances with current guards
Cyric Algalon: True, and I suggest that the Commander name those regiments that have been recognized, much like town banners are recognized by yourselves, and the developers.
Elder EM Kasaven: of a deceptive nature
[Thom]: That's fine by me. I'm interested in getting this to work
CatLord: like what?
[Lady Pandora]: to me i am concerned about people's "blessed" items
Elder EM Kasaven: Aye I can agree
[Aedon Durreah]: *nods* we all have one thing in common. RP.
[Lady Pandora]: i am sure aedon is as well
Elder EM Kasaven: I mean a group of 5 random players claiming to be RBG
Elder EM Kasaven: Allying an RBG guild
Elder EM Kasaven: then killing and looting them
[Anne Nomilly]: I want to see this succeed, for what it means to be a royal guard *smiles*
CatLord: happened in march 6th
[Aedon Durreah]: my main concern is wanting the history of this shard preserved.
CatLord: same players
Pandora: Well, if they had their own stones, say... for example
Elder EM Kasaven: Though it is their responsiblity
[Aedon Durreah]: *smiles to Anne*
[Anne Nomilly]: I'm not great at RP, but I can rez, heal and dangit fight for my home
Cyric Algalon: The same concern exists currently.
Elder EM Kasaven: To make sure they are part of the RBG
Pandora: Yew had a stone.
[Anne Nomilly]: (I can even rez Aedon when he's not dead)
Pandora: And the NAC (the council, Aegis is part of it)
[Aedon Durreah]: pah, if oyu put your heart in it, that is all that is needed.
[Thom]: aye
[Aedon Durreah]: life is RP dear.
Cyric Algalon: We cannot be the "only" option for playing a guard, and then institute difficult recruitment requirements on people.
Pandora: can then select folks to join it and apply to the Commander
CatLord: so the problem you are trying to solve..
CatLord: we had for 12 years...
Legolas: Kal Ort Por - Recall
CatLord: and came to this system..
Elder EM Kasaven: I agree, Cyric
CatLord: that is working so far
Thom: I beleive Kanlock had the answer to that. If you want to form a guard regiment submit an
Thom: application.
Talon Silverhawk: NAC?
Pandora: Its not working for me Catlord.
Pandora: Its not working for many.
CatLord: "not my problem"
Cyric Algalon: But also, we shouldnt have an open door policy, as guild members may kill other guild members in the trammel ruleset without consequences.
Pandora: I cannot recruit folks that wish to "just RP"
Pandora: and not be involved in wars or faction pvp
CatLord: then follow your route
CatLord: or if the vote decides non tb
CatLord: we go non tb
Elder EM Kasaven: Well at the same time
Pandora: well say a regiment wants to join Minax
Elder EM Kasaven: Other faction regiments have to ability to offshoot into their own guilds
Pandora: play the bad guy...
Pandora: we can't do that
Pandora: in this current system
CatLord: then they should not serve queen dawn
[Thom]: as interesting as this is to me I do have to be at work at 7 in the morning
CatLord: should they
[Aedon Durreah]: Rest well.
Pandora: Its called "treason".
You see: Lady Fawn the Shade
CatLord: then we dont need to ally
[Anne Nomilly]: pleasant dreams
[Lady Pandora]: Good night, Thom. We shall continue to talk.
CatLord: we can war
You see: Lord Zorg [AtoZ]
Elder EM Kasaven: That doesn't make any sense
[Aedon Durreah]: see you soon, remember to oil Kodoz
[Thom]: thanks, and I look forward to it.
Elder EM Kasaven: To war a differing RBG regiment
Not The Sharpest: Perhaps its late.
CatLord: that a rbg is serving minax?
Pandora: that really makes no sense Cat
Elder EM Kasaven: You may not be united with eachother
Not The Sharpest: *frowns*
Elder EM Kasaven: but you are uniting under queen dawn
[Thom]: Aye sir, i'll mention it to him next time he puts his katana down... man is scary.
CatLord: she said
[Aedon Durreah]: As do I.
CatLord: her rbg
CatLord: is serving minax
Elder EM Kasaven: From an RP standpoint no it wouldn't
[Aedon Durreah]: oh yeah
Pandora: i did not say that
[Thom]: I still remember him as Emperor you know...
Pandora: read again
CatLord: reading
Elder EM Kasaven: But I think her point was
[Aedon Durreah]: So do I
Elder EM Kasaven: If another wished to be factions, they'd have to go TB
Pandora: I said what if a regiment decides to join Minax and play the bad guy
CatLord: so the regiment is servnig minax
Pandora: that DOES happen
CatLord: not queen dawn
Elder EM Kasaven: They wouldn't be recognized by the crown and would be a rogue regiment
Pandora: YES but its a role playing aspect.
Elder EM Kasaven: but that is RP
Grimmjow: then rbg would we warring and thats not the focus of rbg
Elder EM Kasaven: and an interesting part of it
CatLord: then we can war
Pandora: the focus of RBG is to promote ROLE PLAY
Elder EM Kasaven: But no you wouldn't be official RBG under Dawn's eyes,
Pandora: and effectively to role play
Pandora: you have to have SOME bad guys
CatLord: to fight?
Pandora: Right...
Elder EM Kasaven: but that wouldn't stop EMs from contributing
Elder EM Kasaven: As long as they serve the goal of enhancing community
Pandora: she would charge them with Treason, I would hope.
[Thom]: goodnight, and feel free to ICQ me... yes even you Aedon :p
[Lady Pandora]: :)
[Anne Nomilly]: lol
[Thom]: you do still have my number or did you throw it away haha
[Aedon Durreah]: *chucklse*
[Aedon Durreah]: and oyu me.
CatLord: well lets see the plan
Elder EM Kasaven: Or invite them to a tea party. Dawn is quite persuasive.
Pandora: And that makes for interesting role playing possibilities.
CatLord: a rbg regiment is minax
CatLord: another is sl
CatLord: another is com
[Aedon Durreah]: I lost most of my numbers when I had to redo my computer
CatLord: another is tb
[Aedon Durreah]: you have mine still?
CatLord: and another is non faction
[Thom]: hrm... i'm not sure what name I saved you under actually
Pandora: And that can be effectively role played.
CatLord: and you want them all to rp?
You see: Chronicles
[Aedon Durreah]: <icq number removed>
[Thom]: i'm <icq number removed>
Pandora: Its on the Captains to play that out.
CatLord: exactly
Elder EM Kasaven: the SL and Minax would be rogue regiments
CatLord: each captain talks to kasaven
[Aedon Durreah]: gotcha
CatLord: i dont
[Thom]: found you :)
Elder EM Kasaven: controrted from their original proctectorate purpose
[Thom]: caught you, renamed you and released
Elder EM Kasaven: But
Elder EM Kasaven: To me that sounds pretty farfetched
CatLord: rogue... war..
Elder EM Kasaven: The issue right now is that people do NOT want to be factions
CatLord: not ally
CatLord: aye
You see: NoA
[Thom]: and on that note... it's past my bed time I look forward to working with you all in the future
Pandora: OF COURSE with Kas/Barn/Messana involved.
CatLord: but not the rbg people
CatLord: that is the small detail you are missing
belle: *raise hand* Some RBG *DO* want factions, if you please.
Elder EM Kasaven: Here is the big problem
Pandora: I am RBG and most RBG that I talk to do not wish to be in a faction at all.
[Thom]: Have a good night all.
CatLord: rbg is quite happy with the security
[Aedon Durreah]: night
Pandora: That's false.
A player has been removed from your party.
Elder EM Kasaven: Your considering RBG as just your folks
CatLord: isit
Elder EM Kasaven: It is much larger, if it is to be shard-wide
CatLord: for now it is
belle: What is false?
CatLord: and that isnt false
CatLord: i dont lie
Pandora: That most RBG are happy to be in factions.
CatLord: rbg is happy like it is
Pandora: That's not true.
Elder EM Kasaven: I've gotten complaints from regiments
Elder EM Kasaven: Not everyone is happy, which will always be the case
CatLord: but that is the minority
Elder EM Kasaven: But if we do it this way -
Pandora: No. Its not...
belle: I said SOME prefer factions. *smile* I am very precise with word choice.
Elder EM Kasaven: Umbra/Wind whoever
Elder EM Kasaven: Can offshoot into the URBG/so on
Elder EM Kasaven: They can choose their own faction status
belle: But if I may say, this is RBG's internal affairs. I don't see how it is a discussion for the shard
CatLord: i find the em interest compelling
Pandora: Kasaven invited it to be.
Elder EM Kasaven: If the RBG isn't to include the shard
belle: We don't come here to discuss the proceedings of other guilds.
Elder EM Kasaven: Then the EM interest is null
You see: Milamber [K^S]
CatLord: it sure promotes our hard work
Pandora: RBG is not a guild.
Chronicles: Barnaby, will you hand out greeting sashes?
CatLord: we do what we do..
belle: Groups, and it is a single guild for now.
CatLord: we go to events
Cyric Algalon: This is why I wanted it to ignore tags.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
part 2 said:
CatLord: defend people
CatLord: and rp
Pandora: Aye Cyric.
Elder EM Kasaven: I want to interact with the RBG
Elder EM Kasaven: and plan with/around them
Pandora: Its not a guild, just because we use the guild mechanics...
Pandora: doesn't make it a guild.
CatLord: you can do that with everyone in the guild
Elder EM Kasaven: But if it is just a guild thing in some's eyes than I can't do so
Pandora: Its an organization.
Anne Nomilly: RBG has historically been the fighting arm of the kingdom, the protectors
CatLord: aye you said so
Pandora: Aye Anne.
CatLord: our third meeting
Theophania: If you are using the RBG as your guild name, you are inviting the rest of the shard to weigh in
CatLord: and we accepted
Elder EM Kasaven: 100% correct, Theo.
CatLord: oh?
CatLord: then do join
Elder EM Kasaven: Weigh in and participate
CatLord: become a voice
Elder EM Kasaven: Which si the idea
Grimmjow: then why dont we just disban the rbg "tag/guild" and have the queen or commander appoint us
CatLord: and then decide if this path is wrong
Grimmjow: special sashs
CatLord: otherwise
Cyric Algalon: I don't want it to be a guild thing. I want to see a successful regiment totally without our tag on it.
CatLord: you are outsiders
Theophania: RBG is not yours, it is Queen Dawns
CatLord: gicving tips
Pandora: Grimmjow, that's a good point.
Theophania: You are really making it more difficult than it has to be
CatLord: you know me
CatLord: i'm a difficult guy
Theophania: I don't know you. But from what I gathered here tonight, the issue is the RBG guild tag
CatLord: nice arm wrestling night...
Grimmjow: it would stop all the fighting and your choice on moving up in rank and faction
Theophania: and as such, I think, if you want your private guild, change the name
Theophania: in my opinion
CatLord: noted
Elder EM Kasaven: The RBG cannot be a private guild
Elder EM Kasaven: If it is, it won't be recognized by the crown
Elder EM Kasaven: It has to be open to the shard
CatLord: and it is
Elder EM Kasaven: Or allow offshoot regiments to be open to the shard
CatLord: if people complain and whine
CatLord: not my problem
Elder EM Kasaven: Factions is not something open to the shard.
Cyric Algalon: I was under the impression that offshoot regiments were open to the shard.
Aedon Durreah: Then perhaps the best move is to have each guard accept a commission from the queen, and wear
Theophania: Not everyone enjoys factions
Aedon Durreah: her token
Cyric Algalon: and that their acceptance was in the hands of the commander or the queen.
Theophania: so you see, you are targeting a specific type
Elder EM Kasaven: They are, Algalon.
Elder EM Kasaven: That is official.
belle: factions IS open to everyone
Elder EM Kasaven: Let me rephrase that, Belle
Elder EM Kasaven: Not everyone enjoys statloss or anything when in Fel
Grimmjow: thats what i was saying aedon
Elder EM Kasaven: nor wants to be associated with factions
CatLord: *noted*
Elder EM Kasaven: As her token, you mean a guard sash?
Osvolde: Also, anyone with a character in a faction other than TB couldn't join.
Grimmjow: aye thats what iw as saying
Elder EM Kasaven: That is a possibility if I am allowed to do so
Grimmjow: RBG input noted
Aedon Durreah: And the guards answer to her captain alone
Elder EM Kasaven: Correct, Os
Aedon Durreah: And serve as guards when towns request aid
Grimmjow: like ranking and town guardship
CatLord: that is the current structure by em seppo
Elder EM Kasaven: Factions are account bound
Pandora: But no other RBG guild on any other shard is part of factions.
Elder EM Kasaven: If I am in Minax on my account
Elder EM Kasaven: on character A
Elder EM Kasaven: I cannot join any other on character B-F
Osvolde: (Which I am, for the record)
Elder EM Kasaven: Which means indeed factions are limited to certain people.
CatLord: and that is our security system versus the people that try to join us non stop to pk us.
Elder EM Kasaven: Why can't they do so in factions?
CatLord: like at the commander event
Pandora: There is a "guild kick" option.
Pandora: They do not have to be in factions to do that..
CatLord: that have to be tb to join RBC
Elder EM Kasaven: You can attack someone in factions just the same
Cyric Algalon: I will throw the obvious out there, that due to OOC circumstances there are those who would join to attack us in the trammel ruleset.
Pandora: Aye, but they can't be removed?
Elder EM Kasaven: Well I can see that, that is one problem with a singular guild.
CatLord: we worked on prevention...
Cyric Algalon: They can, after the damage is done.
Pandora: There are ppl that will do that arent in factions just the same.
Elder EM Kasaven: But how does factions prevent that?
CatLord: because they have their mains in known guilds
CatLord: i'm not going to give you a 10 year history lesson
CatLord: about the shard
CatLord: lets say
Elder EM Kasaven: I hope not
CatLord: if you use the word Circle
Cyric Algalon: it doesnt prevent, it reduces it. It is a case of people bringing old OOC grievances from before the RBG was even formed into it.
CatLord: you will get pked
Pandora: And like they don't have multiple accounts... really I know of a few that only run 1 acct.
CatLord: aye pandora
CatLord: that is why we have the boot camp
Anne Nomilly: I think there is plenty opportunity to kill within any guilds, and, probably one reason historically, the
Anne Nomilly: RBG has been formed by the "common people"
Pandora: Why are there OOC grievances?
Pandora: Because its a singular guild.
CatLord: they have no patience... to do the camp
Elder EM Kasaven: If someone wants to kill you enough
Aedon Durreah: camp?
Elder EM Kasaven: I'm sure they would do the off-shard camp
CatLord: nah i never kneww you pandora... you joined and became a captain..
Aedon Durreah: On Sonoma?
Elder EM Kasaven: which is also something I disagree with
CatLord: i never knew va'lis
You see: Avalon [^V^]
Pandora: Right and have I murdered anyone?
Pandora: Not even on my vamp.
Pandora: *smiles*
Cyric Algalon: The off-shard camp isn't a requirement
Pandora: not yet at least.
CatLord: it isnt a requirement
Elder EM Kasaven: It is listed as a requirement
Pandora: Aye Cyric
CatLord: it is optional
Elder EM Kasaven: but okay, that is good
CatLord: sto each captain
Pandora: my regiment has nothing to do with Sonoma for its recruitment
Elder EM Kasaven: In an ideal setup I'd love to have our own training
belle: The camp in Sonoma is not a requirement, only RP fun.
CatLord: and we do it in sonoma
Aedon Durreah: The guards for Catskills shoudl train here.
Elder EM Kasaven: but Mesanna's time is limited for building that
CatLord: because we lack it here
Grimmjow: build a corse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder EM Kasaven: What we do have is a pretty intense fairgrounds
Grimmjow: *course
Elder EM Kasaven: With a battleground
Elder EM Kasaven: race track
Pandora: Yet my requirements make it just as much a deterrant, if not more.
Elder EM Kasaven: among other things
Anne Nomilly: please don't take this badly but...this is not Sonoma
CatLord: and little use... we should meet there
Aedon Durreah: *nods in agreement with Anne.*
Anne Nomilly: this should be a Catskills version best suited to our uniqueness
CatLord: that is not my job
Elder EM Kasaven: Catskills has its own unique issues
CatLord: i wrote a story
Pandora: Aye Anne, I agree whole heartedly.
CatLord: and that sonoma camp is part of a dream
belle: Sonoma is NOT a requirement, only RP fun. If a recruit chooses....
CatLord: for each rbg member
Aedon Durreah: Whose dream?
Elder EM Kasaven: *nods to Belle*
CatLord: i dont think cyric did the camp
Pandora: I did.
CatLord: others did and loved it
CatLord: others died non stop
Pandora: I could have done without it...
CatLord: *nods to pandora*
Aedon Durreah: Hold the camp here, at our fair grounds.
CatLord: but in the end was worth it
Elder EM Kasaven: I think with creativity such a thing could be implemented at our own fairgrounds
Pandora: How?
CatLord: i got to hear you cuss
CatLord: priceless
Elder EM Kasaven: There is a race track to test endurance, riding ability
Pandora: *laughs*
Pandora: I can have a dirty mouth when I want.
CatLord: *grins*
Elder EM Kasaven: A battle ground to test fighting skill, trap avoidance
Pandora: Right Belle?
Pandora: I clean it up when asked though.
CatLord: hey kasaven
Aedon Durreah: *nods to Kas*
CatLord: have you been to the camp?
Elder EM Kasaven: Nope, I've heard of it
belle: I've seen worse in global chat. *smile*
Elder EM Kasaven: But I don't play there nor EM there
CatLord: try it someday
Pandora: Thank you.
CatLord: we all did it on new characters
Aedon Durreah: Catm it may be a fine camp
belle: Only not on uoforums. *bigger smile*
Aedon Durreah: But it is not Catskills
Aedon Durreah: and should not be training our guards.
CatLord: i dont write your fiction aedon
CatLord: that was mine
Aedon Durreah: REG is not your fiction
Anne Nomilly: *nods to Aedon*
Aedon Durreah: RBG even
CatLord: actually the momentit is created
Elder EM Kasaven: That is precisely the point
Elder EM Kasaven: RBG doesn't belong to anyone
CatLord: it becomes real
Pandora: RBG is OSI fiction actually..
CatLord: so to all the players
CatLord: that did the camp
Aedon Durreah: It is a good idea, but should be implemented on the shard it is for.
Anne Nomilly: aye
CatLord: i asked if that was possible
CatLord: was told no
CatLord: so i improvised
Pandora: Agreed, its a lot of work to duplicate that
Elder EM Kasaven: Huh?
Pandora: but its NOT NEEDED
Elder EM Kasaven: Oh we can't dublicate the exact training grounds
CatLord: meeting #2
CatLord: aye you told me that
belle: If RBG folk wish to have an alternative boot camp on Catskills, why not?
Elder EM Kasaven: Unless you want Mes to fire me
Pandora: Its not NEEDED.
belle: I don't see that as a very big issue.
Pandora: Cyric, help me out here.
CatLord: nah...
CatLord: you are already under alot of fire, catskills alone
Pandora: Cyric has also made his own recruitment requirements.
Kira: we are no donald trump
Cyric Algalon: I sort of have a list of possible promotion requirements in my head...the course is one of them, but so is patrolling your chosen town, or gathering supplies for its defense.
CatLord: now you see all coming together
Pandora: And they are just as good as any "obstacle course".
CatLord: the towns are active
CatLord: each rbg reguiment
Buck
CatLord: is linked to those guilds
Aedon Durreah: The towns are becoming active as fall approaches
CatLord: and rbg serves them
You see: Buck
Cyric Algalon: My feeling is that for an in-character promotion, they choose from several possible tasks
CatLord: nah we had a crazy summer
Elder EM Kasaven: Aye that is quite possible, Cyric
Buck
Pandora: I like that.
Elder EM Kasaven: and a good idea
You see: Buck
CatLord: em seppo also wrote about that
CatLord: i suggest you read it
You see: Nakamura [CIA!]
You see: a war horseTB
CatLord: lenght articles
You see: a war horseTB
CatLord: about town guards
Aedon Durreah: Like a trial for a Knight
CatLord: so now all is coming together
Pandora: We have our ranks in RBG-Umbra.
CatLord: events
CatLord: and above all
belle: *sigh* Non-issue. No one has claimed there MUST be one training method.
CatLord: each captain is independent
Pandora: And a promotional achievement for each.
CatLord: they will talk to you
Elder EM Kasaven: From an RP standpoint a training method is interested
Elder EM Kasaven: but not "required"
CatLord: hum?=
Elder EM Kasaven: unless deemed so by the RBG division
Aedon Durreah: *nods to Kas*
CatLord: guards without training?
Pandora: Aye, so therefore... we can be individual guilds.
Elder EM Kasaven: But these things, if required
Pandora: with the Captain as the helm.
Aedon Durreah: But training should be close to home, not shipped to another server.
belle: Each captain, each group, can decide that. Pandora has. And Cyric.
Elder EM Kasaven: Should not be A) Something that is unattainable/impossible for the average player
Elder EM Kasaven: B) Requires leaving the shard
belle: That already proves my point.
CatLord: sorry
Theophania: *nods*
CatLord: you cant tell no..without offering something
CatLord: same challenge level
Elder EM Kasaven: Aye, I don't think you need the most high-tech grounds to train
belle: There is no REQUIREMENT for a training system.
Elder EM Kasaven: If you have cretivity
Elder EM Kasaven: crea*
CatLord: if i didnt, we would not be hre now
Elder EM Kasaven: *nods* I know, Belle
Aedon Durreah: Most of the training we have held in the past has been in crude conditions
Cyric Algalon: But I think training is a wonderful reason to hold a player run event
Pandora: I like the idea of having a REAL boot camp
CatLord: well the training is off my hands
Elder EM Kasaven: Aye, more player run events are certainly encouraged
Aedon Durreah: Agreed Cyric
Theophania: as long as that player run event happens on this shard
Pandora: Cyric, if you want we can coordinate one for our regiments.
a war horseTB
Pandora: A weekend or something.
CatLord: *checks list*
Aedon Durreah: We used to use the old pirate cave to train in
CatLord: so we came here to be told...
CatLord: leave tb
Aedon Durreah: Or the deep woods
CatLord: break into mini guilds
Elder EM Kasaven: Don't jump to conclusions
CatLord: stop using rbc
CatLord: you just said it threel ines above in journal..
Pandora: who said "stop using RBC"
Cyric Algalon: CatLord never jumps to conclusions *snicker*
Pandora: or that we're told this
Elder EM Kasaven: youll have to quote me there
Cyric Algalon: Nobody said stop using RBC...
Pandora: or that
Elder EM Kasaven: You can remain TB
CatLord: B/ not outside the shard
CatLord: end quote
Elder EM Kasaven: You heard Belle right?
Pandora: that doesnt mean stop using RBC
Elder EM Kasaven: And you heard me?
CatLord: always
Elder EM Kasaven: She said it is not required for RBG
Elder EM Kasaven: to train on Sonoma
Pandora: *scratches head*
Elder EM Kasaven: I said no required training can be off shard
Cyric Algalon: RBC is a Catskills guild...i'm confused
Pandora: Cyric did you say stop using RBC?
CatLord: hum no
CatLord: you said
Cyric Algalon: oh snap, you mean the location
CatLord: we wont do it
Not The Sharpest: Uhm..
CatLord: proper verb should be.. we should not do it
Pandora: there is a location named "rbc"?
Not The Sharpest: For the sake of the EM's I say we rap it up.
Not The Sharpest: This is going on 3 hrs.
CatLord: not done yet
Not The Sharpest: =\
Elder EM Kasaven: You cannot make going to Sonoma required training
Pandora: i am confused.
CatLord: ahh
Theophania: Should not A be something that is unattainable impossibnle for the average player
Elder EM Kasaven: you can make it voluntary training
Elder EM Kasaven: for sure
CatLord: that we dont
Elder EM Kasaven: Aye I know
Theophania: b REQUIRES leaving the shard
Anne Nomilly: if we are to defend Catskills, the training should be available on Catskills
Aedon Durreah: *nods to Anne*
Elder EM Kasaven: *nods to Theo*
Elder EM Kasaven: Correct
Aedon Durreah: I would never have a characteer leave cats to train
CatLord: except to lotr
Anne Nomilly: nor would I
Aedon Durreah: aye
CatLord: smart move
Cyric Algalon : joined the party.
Aedon Durreah: and there I would eat your face off
CatLord: *grins*
[Lady Pandora]: im confused, is there an RBC location?
Elder EM Kasaven: *chuckles at Aedon*
[Cyric Algalon]: ICQ but - the camp in sonoma
Elder EM Kasaven: Hobbits aside
Aedon Durreah: *grins*
[Lady Pandora]: i thought we were referencing the guild RBC
Elder EM Kasaven: I think we have come to these conclusions for the night
[Lady Pandora]: that's named "RBC"?
[CatLord]: yup
[Lady Pandora]: AHHHH okay... that makes sense now.
[CatLord]: we just stepped on podolak toes
[Lady Pandora]: I was REALLY confused
Elder EM Kasaven: RBG can remain factions - but on this condition, offshoot regiment guilds can be made
[Cyric Algalon]: yeah my brain imploded a bit there
Elder EM Kasaven: Which are not required to be any faction
Elder EM Kasaven: Alliances are not required
[Anne Nomilly]: since that's a constant state of being for me, I just figured I'd totally missed something
Elder EM Kasaven: Between the two RBG divisions
Elder EM Kasaven: If they are wanted, so be it, it would probably make it easier
[Cyric Algalon]: haha
Elder EM Kasaven: but if you are worried about security, that is not the path to take
CatLord: stay in tb
CatLord: k
[Cyric Algalon]: jbut for the future pandora, we should have all votes on stuff ingame :)
CatLord: we will still have the vote
CatLord: just for peace of mind
Elder EM Kasaven: Aye, that is good
[Lady Pandora]: agreed, i didnt know it was not allowed
Aedon Durreah: Factions is simply out of the question for me.
Elder EM Kasaven: The RBG itself is the Haven division, correct?
Anne Nomilly: for me as well
[Lady Pandora]: and personally I know I am not the minority that says take us out of faction
CatLord: the rbg has five regiments
CatLord: umbra
CatLord: wind
CatLord: haven
CatLord: abyss
CatLord: and shadowfist
[Lady Pandora]: Belle and you too Cyric have mentioned that you'd prefer us to NOT be in factions
[Cyric Algalon]: Well for me I got promoted to admin there...I can "technically" edit polls. I'd rather avoid any possible way for
Elder EM Kasaven: Well, given the offshooting of Divisions
Elder EM Kasaven: Where does this leave the RBG?
[Cyric Algalon]: anyone to claim unfairness
CatLord: no lcue
[Aedon Durreah]: a good idea always
Elder EM Kasaven: It isn't right to simply be overseers
Elder EM Kasaven: But
Pandora: Cyric can have his own
[Cyric Algalon]:
Pandora: if he wants
Elder EM Kasaven: Being factions, TB at that
[Anne Nomilly]: just from the non "guild" RBG side of things, factions is not an option for me nor others I know
Theophania: If you choose to stay tb, and force the offshooting of regiments, you must choose one location
Theophania: and give the rest up
Elder EM Kasaven: RBG would make sense to be the Britain guard
[Anne Nomilly]: and that's said simply to give another side to things :)
Elder EM Kasaven: yup
[Aedon Durreah]: *nods*
Pandora: yes i agree
CatLord: britain was offered to flutter
CatLord: she capitulated
CatLord: then to noather captain
Pandora: declined?
CatLord: that also capitulated
CatLord: and i have no interest in being a captain
Pandora: ok, then when we find a worthy Brit Capt
CatLord: matter of fact
Pandora: it should be turned to them?
CatLord: theo nly reason all of this works like it does
Not The Sharpest: =[
belle: aye, declined (believe that is documented on Stratics - not positive)
CatLord: is because i dont meddle with the captains business
Elder EM Kasaven: Well I don't see the official place of the RBG guild
belle: or more properly, withdrew
Elder EM Kasaven: within the divisions
Elder EM Kasaven: A general guard?
[Cyric Algalon]: factions have caused me a lot of headaches, and I don't even go to fel.
[Lady Pandora]: My problem Pitr, is that you DO meddle but only half way.
[Lady Pandora]: see....
Not The Sharpest: Well... welcome lol.
Not The Sharpest: =]
CatLord: inin the previous security system
[Cyric Algalon]: but so have guild attacks.
EM Barnaby: *smiles*
CatLord: my only job
[Aedon Durreah]: I have not returned to Fel much since I moved out.
CatLord: was to remove a captain
Not The Sharpest: You two are quite the paitient.
[Lady Pandora]: aye but neither can be avoided, we just gkick.
[Aedon Durreah]: and factions lead to nothing by ganking.
Theophania: indeed
CatLord: if he failed to enforce rbg quality playing
CatLord: on his members
CatLord: that was the last weapon
You see: Chronicles
CatLord: and that is all i do
CatLord: i doubt it ever come to that
Elder EM Kasaven: well if we can't come to a conclusion
CatLord: each captain is responsible
[Lady Pandora]: i think we just need to choose GOOD Captains... interested in really RP'ing it well
Elder EM Kasaven: It is going to be a floating issue for now
[Anne Nomilly]: ok, I'm afraid my pillow is calling to me
[Cyric Algalon]: instead of the cheap hacks such as myself, hahahah
CatLord: i am sorry for being adamant
CatLord: or stubburn
[Anne Nomilly]: thank you for an interesting discussion this eve
Elder EM Kasaven: You're fine
[Aedon Durreah]: the moment you include factions in the equation you lose a lot of RPers interest.
[Lady Pandora]: Good night Anne
CatLord: but the in 6 days
Cyric Algalon: Stubborn? You?
CatLord: sorry
Elder EM Kasaven: There just has to be ways to make everything work for the majority
[Lady Pandora]: Aye Aedon.
CatLord: 36 days
[Anne Nomilly]: good night *smiles*
CatLord: we built rbg
[Aedon Durreah]: night dear
CatLord: and it is open
[Cyric Algalon]: night
CatLord: it is just sad to see outsiders
Anne Nomilly: *quietly takes her leave*
CatLord: that not even tried to be in it
Aedon Durreah: outsiders?
CatLord: having cheap shot