• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fuzzy/blurry/headachey graphics help?

T

Teeshy

I really *want* to try this new client (have to start out with that!) So bad in fact that I have just finished downloading it on our dialup connection =P (actually, I had 7 megs left to download this afternoon when our new mobile broadband arrived - so I finished the last 7 megs REALLY fast! =D)

So, I know someone at some point posted some tweaks to help things not be quite so blurry with the movement and so forth - but I can't find them, so hoping someone else knows where they are =)

To try and explain what my problem is, as I'm moving, the trees and such that are kinda in the background (or more towards the edge of the screen - away from my character) are all too blurry for me, tey end up looking fuzzy? Like static on a bad tv reception? - it's an *instant* headache for me

Hoping someone knows the post I remember reading, would just like to try this properly =)

Thanks in advance!

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drivers & updates.
Make sure you have the latest Directx updates. These NO LONGER appear in the Windows update, therefore, you must visit microsoft.com and look for directx (usually right on the main page somewhere), and download the updater.
When you install this updater, it then searches for what updates your computer needs.
I had someone do this and it fixed them right up!

Also get the latest graphics drivers for your card. Nvidia.com or AMD.com (most popular). They have tools on there that will find what you need.
Updating these will give great results.

If you have integrated graphics, I've noticed Enhanced client runs slow.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a known and wanted step, to incerease performance and stability. First when it came out we get UOSA on higher settings, now the devs have reduced it to see what happend, i would say.

This would change in further publishes, i hope, it will ...