• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Wrestling] Fun things to do with it?

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I know this is a goofy question, but I like playing around with goofy template ideas:

Does anyone know any fun or uncommon tricks to do with wrestling? I know for example you can actually DS with wrestling, which if you had the mana would be potentially reasonable damage. And I know I've seen a template somewhere for an wrestling/alchy parapunch/bomber. Any ideas what other stuff might work with it?

I'm obviously not talking about a high-end template here, but something that might be fun to play around with.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Horrific Beast form for higher wrestling base damage. 110 or so bushido for momentum strikes and lighting strikes. Anat , tactics, healing, remaining points into focus.
150 str and 100 di from items. Would give you some usable base damage where you could actually kill some stuff. If done right, probably just a lot of stuff, its just slow.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I agree with the Horriffic Beast idea. Too bad you don't get any hit effects that way...

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, that's a good one. Along with the hit spell bracers and DS, might actually do some damage. Heh. Thanks all, keep the ideas coming if anyone has any more

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Nothing goofy about being inventive, my hat goes off to players like you!

Wrestle, Parry, Ninja, Healer, Alchemy.

4/6 Casting. Bola. Hit spell arms. 100 RPD. 18 HPR. Human (2 HPR). Cat/Dog Form (40 HPR). Mirror Images (90% chance to deflect). Reactive Parra. Frog/Serpent Forms for Poisoning when hit/when hitting. Conflag/Supernova/Greater Explosion... combine this with Fire Eater on your own suit so you can heal from it.

Blood Oath + RPD is also something I've played around with as a combination before.

Also played around with Reptalon Form, Fire Breath, tabbing in and out of war mode and reflagging lets you rebreath, don't know if you can spam a macro for it. Based on your HP, so you could theoretically get 150 HP plus a bard Mastery if you can fit it can take you over. (360 points could give you an extra 23 HP for example for 173.) Don't know if you can macro it, so say you and them om foot and they're redlined and running, you could try breathing them for the kill.

RPD is underrated considering it doesn't give off damage numbers when they hit you and when you hit them they're effectively taking twice what you are. Obviously if they have non physical damage weapons it's negated but not many do that. (I went through a phase of putting 100 RPD on every PvP character, and making all their weapons 100% non phys.)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I can't tell you how many times I've wished I had a 100% RPD suit when I've been getting hit for 40+ damage by the sword/mace/fencer masters.

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Some awesome stuff there. I'll have to see if I can put together a 100% RPD suit and give that a whirl. I'm totally guilty of undervaluing it, but I think Lord GOD is onto something. UOGuide says the cap is actually like 250%, which would be rad if it were possible. I don't see any way to do it, but I'm not much of a crafter. Might just start farming weird overcapped loot pieces.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Some awesome stuff there. I'll have to see if I can put together a 100% RPD suit and give that a whirl. I'm totally guilty of undervaluing it, but I think Lord GOD is onto something. UOGuide says the cap is actually like 250%, which would be rad if it were possible. I don't see any way to do it, but I'm not much of a crafter. Might just start farming weird overcapped loot pieces.
Don't know where UOguide got that from but it isn't true, maybe they're referring to the total number equipable or something, but having more than 100 RPD does not return more than 100% damage.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
after a bunch of testing..RPD and oath don't stack. But with that said I guess it would be useful for AI's which negative the RPD anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw if you go wrestling for a fun template, use those sick shields with soul charge and damage eaters and a ton of other properties.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I also noticed something funny today.
Not only the lightning bracers are affected by SDI, they are affected by slayer books.

So, if you are fighting undead with an undead slayer book equipped and with a fair bit of SDI, every time lightning procs you will deal a whole lot of damage.
I was hitting rotting corpses for 80+ damage with each proc today.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
That is an amazing catch. If you are in beast form, and you have a slayer book equipped, do you still get the 13-15 damage of your claws, or does the book drop you back down to 3-5 or whatever base fists do?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I will try to test it today.
The character I have 120 wrestling on only has 30 necromancy for wraith form.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Equipping a fishing pole do anything for ya? Can craft up some poles with mods.

Be blessed,
spellbreaker

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't think you can actually hit anything with a fishing pole. Shame, 'cause that's a great idea. Give me imbuable knuckledusters or something Broadsword!

Guess I gotta get a pair of those bracers and some SDI gear :p