• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Full Stomach??

cypher_atl

Visitor
Anyone else notice that they are full and cant eat since last Pub. ? Trying to pick up dailys in the morning, I found myself to simply be to full to eat anymore. Bucks basket to be more precise.. ..Any one else? How long should fullness last?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I find that I am usually hungry after vigorous activity....casting spells, fighting.....my chars eat a LOT....they need to lose a few pounds :/

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try a Pepta's Satiety Cure, it will reset your "fullness" to zero. You can get them via a quest from Pepta the Royal Tastetester in Castle Britannia.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Dying usually should make your toons hungry again.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bit of sword action will make you hunger once more.
If your only eating and doing nothing "energetic" then you will soon become the proverbial "couch potato". ;)

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hope this doesn't start a big debate, but what good does eating do anymore?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hope this doesn't start a big debate, but what good does eating do anymore?
Some daily rares involve eating the contents.
Special foods that give bonuses can run into stomach full issues as well.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of eating, did anyone figure out what all the different berries do at the Turtle Spawn?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aside from eating a magical food (pies, grapes, apples, etc.), the only benefits regular foods provide is stamina regen (if your bar isn't already full). The urban myths about better casting, weapons hits, etc. are complete bunk (as confirmed by devs).

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know they debunked the myth about HCI and eating but...Being a pure melee fighter if I start to miss more often than normally I can guarantee that i'll be in the "extremely hungry" stage.
pop a few fishsteaks to the "sedated" stage and i'm back to hitting like I should.

I know the Devs have said that "missing" has no effect on hunger but to be honest, I think they just don't know.
Like the whole Luck system and half the other systems in the game.
They have gained there own source code and nobody left in UO employment knows how they should "actually" work anymore.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, there's a lot in the ancestral "spaghetti code" that modern Devs don't understand. And, when I say "Modern", I mean any dev from after LBR.

For example, When Mondain's Legacy was announced, It was announced that Elves would get 20% more colored ore than humans, and that the rates for humans and elves were supposedly a flat 40% and 60% respectively.

However, anyone that was a veteran miner could tell you that every resource square had ITS OWN COLOR CHANCE PERCENTAGE, that was definitely NOT 40% base.
Some spots give maybe 10% or less colored - day in, day out, regardless of the colored ore type present (including if you used the BOD reward tools to elevate it when it was in an "iron only" state to DC or Shadow)
Other spots, often in mines, dungeons and other dangerous locations in the AoS and earlier facets, routinely give 60%. 70%, 80%, possibly higher, under the same conditions! And still do. Most miners who realized this, once the spots started randomizing, changed their rune books to go to these sites.
And, instead of being additive, the "Elf Bonus" appeared to only apply to the number of digs, and as a MULTIPLIER to the Elf chance (not an additive bonus). So, one of those miserable 10% spots was only 12% for an Elf (no appreciable difference), while a spot that averaged 70% colored for a human was averaging about 84% for an elf.

So, there was a whole system mis-described, but of course, if you do their sort of testing (hundreds of random digs on multiple sites), you probably would average 40% colored, so that is what it would seem to them. But, miners keep records, and do their equivalent of "claim staking" by recording what works best. Only "strip miners" would ignore the proven hot spots for just covering an area.

And, don't forget it took them 6+ years to figure out that a missing ")" in one line of code, that they'd examined dozens of times, was what was screwing up Smith LBOD ratios, prior to KR.

Food doesn't have a provable effect for most things - but there's no guarantee that there's not something buried deep in there that can rarely affect something - even if it is just forcing a reseed on the flaky, streaky, RNG.