• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Frustration! at 70..

Ultima_Dork

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahhh it took me so long to ding 70. While most of my friends have 2-4 70s, i recently got my main to 70..and i have found myself wanting to go back to 69!

Unless you have extremely good armor.. you just suck at pvp. Im frustrated to my limits. Today I logged out and said SCREW IT! im not going back! of course i did =P but.. yeah.. im tired of being "wtfpwned" by nearly every other 70. I know my char and I play it well.. its just harder than heck to beat another person who has top of line gear.

I dont have the time to get that kinda gear.. *sigh* it takes me two weeks to get one piece of armor from pvp.. i just dont have the time to camp AV for honor. im in a great guild.. but yeah.. im pretty much solo. Im not keyed for kara and good lord, I have to do a few dungeons to get keyed? Ahhhh!!! i dont have time to do keying and Av!

ok i just had to rant... pardon =P

L

Lord Abernathy

I'm in a similar boat....I don't raid, rarely do PuG, and I have plenty of alts. I usually just do AV and other BGs (though AV more cuz you get more honor points there). Oh yeah, and of course the daily quests for some quick gold.

There's some good news about honor though. In the next patch (2.4), there will be no more diminishing returns in honor gain from killing the same person. Also, every time you get honor, you can use it right away, no need for the next day to be calculated. Of course, this means you'll be able to get better gear quicker...hehe.

G

Kara will not require a key for entry with the next patch, too. Same with Black Temple I think.

I

imported_Jazmine

<blockquote><hr>

Kara will not require a key for entry with the next patch, too. Same with Black Temple I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kara will still require a key, it's just that only one member of your group will need it to let everyone in..And yep, the attunement for BT/Hyjal is being removed.

G

That's why I said "for entry". Sorry, I thought that was clear.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Kara will still require a key, it's just that only one member of your group will need it to let everyone in..And yep, the attunement for BT/Hyjal is being removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which pisses me off cause I worked hard to get my key, now just anyone can go. Can you imagine that terrible groups that will try to run Kara now cause they don't have the gear?

E

Eldorian

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which pisses me off cause I worked hard to get my key, now just anyone can go. Can you imagine that terrible groups that will try to run Kara now cause they don't have the gear?

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's opposed to the terrible groups now?

I personally think it's a sign that WoTLK will be out sooner than we think.

G

Ya know UD, I know where you are coming from! Got my lock to 70 and put her into semi retirement. Working on my rogue, who's at 65 and I hope when I get her to 70, I'll be motivated to participate more in level 70 things... I dunno though.

And Bud, how in the world is terrible groups going thru kara going to affect you? You've got the choice not to join groups you don't know or think will be bad, so don't join em.

D

DJTyrant

Part of the problem is that you're hitting 70 near the end of the lifecycle of the game. Most players have really solid gear at this point. If you can endure it though you can farm honor and arena points to gear up fairly quick.

For I think roughly 150k honor points you can get full Season 1 gear with weapons, belt, bracers, and boots.

Best of luck though

There is also some PvP that will be able to be bought with faction reps in 2.4 here is a link to the warlock set:

http://www.wowhead.com/?itemset=738

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ya know UD, I know where you are coming from! Got my lock to 70 and put her into semi retirement. Working on my rogue, who's at 65 and I hope when I get her to 70, I'll be motivated to participate more in level 70 things... I dunno though.

And Bud, how in the world is terrible groups going thru kara going to affect you? You've got the choice not to join groups you don't know or think will be bad, so don't join em.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't SAY it would affect me, did I? You've been hanging out in the Staff forums to long I think.

I was just stating that you will get a lot of pancakes and moaning that Kara is to hard cause now they can shortcut their way in there without the proper gear. Kara isn't to hard, but it IS a gear check instance.

G

Hang in there - dont give up.

Have you tried getting into a 5v5 arena team? Even if you lose every match you still get about 300 points a week and then in a few short weeks you can have a nice piece of gear. The Season 2 gear is cheap now and still a really nice set.

Also Kara no longer needs a key. You can go to Kara in crappy gear.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hang in there - dont give up.

Have you tried getting into a 5v5 arena team? Even if you lose every match you still get about 300 points a week and then in a few short weeks you can have a nice piece of gear. The Season 2 gear is cheap now and still a really nice set.

Also Kara no longer needs a key. You can go to Kara in crappy gear.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can go to Kara in crappy gear and get your hindquarters handed to you. Even Attuman is going to be a gear check, especially for your tank. All this talk about running Kara in crap gear is just crazy.

I submit you could get prolly to Illhoof and then the problem begins. Not enough DPS, your MT and OT don't have the gear, being short on heals due to gear, etc...etc.....

E

Eldorian

I know my guild personally after Patch 2.4 has said that if you want to run any guild runs into Kara you HAVE to be keyed - simply for the fact that it proves that you have run with groups in Heroics before, and have gotten some decent gear.

G

You know what's funny about that?

I never ran a heroic before I ran Kara. I just happened to luck out on some drops and such in normal instances in Outlands. I was told I had the BARE minimum gear to get through. Then I got like 4 epic drops in 3 or 4 runs. That pretty much caught me up VERY fast.

G

This "elitist" mentality regarding gear is making me very mad. It breaks guilds up and causes people to quit playing. "Pfftt.. so you're 70. Unless you have (insert purple items here) you suck and can't join in our fun!"

Is it actually true (meaning are there developer statements) that people *require* certain "gear" to do a raid? Why would Blizzard make this true, and if it WERE true why wouldn't there be such a check to get in the door? I just don't see the sense in that.

Maybe it's SKILL and not "gear", but there's no way to gauge skill, and people just go by gear because that's an indicator that they were successful in dungeons and that shows their skill?

E

Eldorian

It's no elitist, it's simply an indicator to prove you know how to work together in groups and know your role for a group.

You have one guy who is a hunter and doesn't use a pet (I've seen it before) and thinks he's a melee tank and not a ranged DPS (seen this, same guy) and one guy ruins it for everyone else.

Or the example of a rogue who thought "sap" meant "pull the mob with your crossbow".

And then your group wipes because of it... gear is simply an indicator to prove you've done things before and know the mechanics. If you don't like it then I'd recommend not joining a guild that uses that philosophy.

G

Then that means it isn't set by Blizzard, but by people. I have seen idiots decked out in all purple gear, believe it or not, that wiped us due to their lack of skill, knowledge, common sense and/or inability to follow directions. Gear really is no indication of a player's skill.

E

Eldorian

I never said it was being set by Blizzard. I said it was the requirements my guild is holding people to after patch 2.4. It's part of their guild rules with raiding, which as far as I know, several guilds set their own rules if you want to join them.

G

Huh? I wasn't talking about your guild, I was talking about the general attitude in the game, sorry if you misunderstood.

B

Bo Riddler

<blockquote><hr>

This "elitist" mentality regarding gear is making me very mad. It breaks guilds up and causes people to quit playing. "Pfftt.. so you're 70. Unless you have (insert purple items here) you suck and can't join in our fun!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe I saw this, last night in trade chat, someone asked for more on a Heroic run into I think SL.

Anyway this warrior simply asked once LF2M H SL pst then gtg

Here is what I cannot believe, someone came on soon after and said, Dude i just checked the Armory, i wouldn't be caught dead in your group with you as the MT. Gawd, your only in Blues. looser!

Can you believe how gear reliant some are getting?

Bo

G

Gear checks are needed for 25 man runs, and Kara, to a point. Tanks really need good gear for Kara as well as melee to a certain extent. Good healers help out too. Zul'aman is very gear dependent. I wouldn't step foot in there without at least several good runs in Kara.

Dead DPS is no DPS. If your spending your runs on the ground because you don't have enough HP to survive a hit or an AOE then you won't be having much fun.

If you have a good group you can skate through Kara on blues and greens. I did on my hunter, my rogue not so much since I was in the mix constantly. My D3 and other high end blues helped out tons

When groups look for people, gear is generally the first thing they look at. Repairs are expensive (moreso when you're sporting the proffessor plums) If you have only AH blues and greens it means you may not have much instance experiance. If you have a good bit of 5-man blues and some greens you may know how to handle yourself in a 5 or 10 man. This will not always be true obviously but its a good start.

PS on the removal of the whole needing to be keyed for Kara, not really a big deal the instances you need to go through aren't heroic and really aren't that tough. On my hunter I was keyed in less than a day as soon as i hit 70. I was in kara the day after that. I plan on hitting ZA soon to prepare for 2.4 stuff

G

When our guild first started venturing into Kara we were way undergeared &amp; unprepared... as we are not a raiding guild.

But, we worked it out and now they have Kara on farm.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is true. If you don't have the gear and don't know your place then you can't come play in our reindeer games. It's just how it is. I refuse to go into Kara with a Tank who has all greens. It is not fun.

D

DJTyrant

I can understand not wanting a tank in just straight blues for a heroic, it is doable, just takes much longer than it should.

Requiring a certain level of gear (HP, defense, AP, spell damage, etc.) is needed to allow for a smooth run of whatever instance you're doing or whatnot, etc.

G

I have yet to see anyone with a Kara key that has all green gear. Then again, now that it won't be required.. I still think only an idiot would try it without mostly blues. Blue gear is not too difficult to come by.