• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Frustrated ABC Archer

• Thread starter Carl of Rigel
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
C

Carl of Rigel

Hi All. I've seen to hit a wall with my current archer on the level of monsters I can kill. I do PVM and like to do the quests and can not seem to defeat monsters like, Night Terrors, Minions of Scelstus, etc. Any suggestions on my build or combat strategies? Thanks in advance!

My current build is: (705 Cap)

120 Archery
120 Tactics
105 Bushido
100 Anatomy
100 Focus
80 Chivalry
80 Healing

I'm currently switching out focus for resisting spells to see if this helps.

I have a full 70 suit of armor with all pieces having 8%LMC, 8MI, 2MR.

PuckOfPacific

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
120 Bush for perfection best and the one in 5 super hits? add the skill to jewelery? what do you have for arties? cloaks, aprons, jewels? whats your HCI at? what are all your stats, not counting pots?

C

Carl of Rigel

Thanks for responding Puck. The reason I'm only at 105 Bushido is because of skill cap at 705. I'll tell you what I have and you can give me your thoughts.

My ring and bracelet give me a combined: 50% DI, 16% LMC, 30% HCI, +16 Dex.

Tangle which gives me: 10 int., 2 MR, 5% DCI

Mana Phasing Orb: 1 MR, 5% DCI, 6% LMC, 15% DI

Quiver of Infinity: 10% DI, 5% DCI,

I have no robe or cloak currently (any to recommend?)

My stats are: 114 Str., 121 Dex., 46 Int., 107 HP, 121 Stam., 94 Mana

PuckOfPacific

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
hrm, whats your suit look like too? ever think about changing over to gargoyle? for throwing? 40LMC is a big one, spam armor ignore. Swamp dragon with exceptional barding? can help when you do get hit. and HCI also needs to be 45 for sure. if your good at kiting and don't get caught between a rock and a hard place, then worry more about HCI then DCI, what kind of weapons you have, do you have an imbuer? you have 75 DI on your suit atleast, depends on your armor. so are you making sure yuur imbuing down the DI on your weapon to 25? Also look at the slayer and super slayer properties when crafting weapons, and what kind of base damage your weapon has.
Cheers,
Puck

C

Carl of Rigel

I do have an imbuer and I've made my own armor and weapons. I use slayer weapons when fighting something that is effected by one. My suit gives me all 70's and each piece has 8% LMC, 2 MR, and 8 MI.

What is the max DI I can have?

Also, do you recommend Resisting Spells or Focus?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The old school ABC Archer template that Connor Graham always recommended was:

120 Archery
120 Bushido
115 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
90 Resisting Spells
75 Chivalry

Today you want your Chivalry at 84 for the same damage output with Enemy of One (EOO). I will admit, however, that I am not running my ABC Archer any longer. I completely switched over to Wraith Thrower variants to maximize my damage using Armor Ignore hits. I think you could run a TBC Thrower, however, and be effective. With an ABC or TBC, I think you could tweak it with 705 skill points to go with 105 Bushido. Lightning Strike isn't used as much as it once was. You'll be using Soul Glaives and Composite Bows primarily with Armor Ignore. Be sure to run with 40 LMC.

Max DI is 100. BTW, you want to be at 45 SSI and 180+ Stamina to throw/shoot at 1.5s. If you can't hit that, go 40 SSI and 150 Stamina for 1.75s throw/fire rate.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
First off, forget Connor....... he was still lost in Haven when I was PvPing on an archer pre-fire and forget.

Here's my wife's ABC archer that can kill about anything, provided it's not some speedhacking monster that she can keep at least a little distance between it and her.

archery 100 +20 (120) HH
healing 100
anatomy 100
tactics 110
chivalry 90
bushido 110
resist 110

Total Skill Points 720

125 Hit Points
190 Stamina
86 Mana

45% HCI
100% DI
40% LMC
10 MR

Typically using a composite bow for AI. Of course make sure to use the appropriate Slayer for max damage.

Pretty much all her bows are the same:
Slayer Type
Swing Speed Increase
Damage Increase
Hit Mana Leech
Hit Stamina Leech

Last edited:
C

Carl of Rigel

What does your wife usually cast besides AI? Also, what kind of robe/cloak/half apron/etc. she equip?

Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate it:)

Also, how do I get my stamina to 180's?

Last edited by a moderator:

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Typical fight tactics:

-Honor creature + EoO

-Keep Consecrate Weapon up constantly (if needed).

-Stamina Leech on Bow should keep her swing at max, but if needed cast Divine Fury.

-AI as mana allows. Typically a mental 3 count or count 3 swings and AI.

In order to get to 190 Stamina:

121 Base Dex..+8 Dex on ring, bracelet and HH. +5 Dex on Crimson = 150 Dex. +8 Stamina Increase on 5 armor pieces = 40 (150+40=190)

All the jewelry and armor except the HH are imbued. HH, Crimson and QI are the only artis on her. Actually pretty easy to get set up this way.

As for what robe she wears, don't get me started on her. As I explained in another post, my wonderful wife has these strick UO dress code rules, one of which is that her char cannot wear robes. So she's just wearing some blessed black dress. Personally I'd go with the Shroud of the Condemned for the +5 Int and +3 HPI.

Last edited:
C

Carl of Rigel

This is very helpful Driven. Thank you!

A couple more questions if you don't mind.

What else does your wife have imbued on her armor besides the increased dex and LMC? Also, what else on her jewelry?

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ok, I had to go look, just because I threw her suit together awhile ago and couldn't remember exactly what everything had on it.

Ring and Bracelet exactly the same:
8 Dex
7% LMC
15% HCI (Combined with HH for the 45% HCI)
22 DI (44% on jewelry + 20% Primer on Arms Talisman + 45% on bows = well over 100% DI cap)

Arms, Gloves, Neck, Chest and Legs all have 3 of the 4 following mods Imbued combined to give the numbers above. 3 pieces have 3 mods and 2 imbued resists and the other 2 pieces had 4 mods and 1 imbued resist.

2 MR
7% LMC
+8 SI
+8 MI

Honestly her char isn't really optimized as well as it could be (sitting at 42% LMC and 109% DI). If it was my char I'd min/max the crap out of it. But she cares more how it looks rather than functions......so whatever ;)

Last edited:

Anvira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Does DCI matter in PvM really?

I know as an archer your goal is to not get hit, but, just curious.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
easiest changes would be to ditch the tangle for a crimson. you dont need 94 mana for pvm and the 5 dci isnt worth it on an archer. shroud of the condemned is a very affordable robe, i think its 3hpi and some mana? cloak of power or life are also affordable options. max damage increase is 100 from items, and i noticed you had quiver of infinity mods listed as 10DI 5DCI. the quiver has a ten percent damage modifier, that is not damage increase. it modifies the type of damage done, like fire or cold, not the amount. So dont count that towards your 100 overall. eventual goals would be to bump up swing speed, and bump up stamina. there is a great ssi calculator at uocraft.com.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Typical fight tactics:

-Honor creature + EoO

-Keep Consecrate Weapon up constantly (if needed).

-Stamina Leech on Bow should keep her swing at max, but if needed cast Divine Fury.

-AI as mana allows. Typically a mental 3 count or count 3 swings and AI.

In order to get to 190 Stamina:

121 Base Dex..+8 Dex on ring, bracelet and HH. +5 Dex on Crimson = 150 Dex. +8 Stamina Increase on 5 armor pieces = 40 (150+40=190)

All the jewelry and armor except the HH are imbued. HH, Crimson and QI are the only artis on her. Actually pretty easy to get set up this way.

As for what robe she wears, don't get me started on her. As I explained in another post, my wonderful wife has these strick UO dress code rules, one of which is that her char cannot wear robes. So she's just wearing some blessed black dress. Personally I'd go with the Shroud of the Condemned for the +5 Int and +3 HPI.
was just reading this.
isnt dex done in intervals of 30?
so like benchmark at 30, 60, 90, 120, 180?
so 190 would be a wasted 10 points, no?

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If you get hit, you often lose stamina. If your max is at 180, you will always be below 180 stamina after losing any points of stamina. At 190 stamina, if you lose 9 stamina, you will be at 181 stamina after getting hit and so still swing at full speed.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ah ha, k i see that.

but wouldnt a easier fix be to have some SR on your suit?
or stamina leech on your weapon?

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
ah ha, k i see that.

but wouldnt a easier fix be to have some SR on your suit?
or stamina leech on your weapon?
Stamina Leech? I usually have Stamina Leech on all weapons... but I am not very good at archery, my weapons might be very badly designed.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
found it!

knew id find it..... now if only i could find my brain.

Stamina works in increments of 30... 0-29 -0 Tic | 30-59 -1 Tic | 60-89 -2 Tic | 90 -119 -3 Tic | 120-149 -4 Tic | 150-179 -5 Tic | 180-209 -6 Tic | 210 + -7 Tic

Last edited:

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually i'm having fun with something similar to the template suggested before:
------------
archery 100 +20 (120) HH
healing 100
anatomy 100
tactics 110
chivalry 90
bushido 110
resist 110
-------------
for pure pvm i prefere mace & shield so my archery skill is 120 pure. HLD as high as possible.
healing is just 90
anat 100
tattics 115 atm but going after 120 // i really want it to the max for pumping the dmg output.
chiva just 75 // mainly due to the lack of points. I really would like to pump it for casting despiro malas decently enough but it's hard atm.
bushido 115; 120 would be a wise choice but 115 works decently enough.

i got res spell soulstoned. The most annoying thing is being paralized. Just killing an oni without it is a pain in the ass but still really funny ^.^ But at the end i've followed an other way...with all its pro and cons..but i feel quite happy with it.
In spite of res spell i got 90 medit and i reach 100 by wearing the spell woven britches.

Mainly i use yumis and time to time few composites and magic shortbows.With a such high medit (+the nice int bonus from being elf) and lmc capped as well as a nice 68 hld (30 from m&s and 38 from my main yumi) i basicly spam double shot even if i go around with less than 30 hci.I gotta say the 40 mana leech on that same yumi helps a lot too.
As a talisman i'm still trying to put ma hands on a conj. for covering the hci gap, but tbh i switch talismans so often ( wearing slayers tali according to the situation...) that i don't really miss it badly.
Stami reg is a great property to have on the bow.deffo. and between balanced and something like fc1 or hci uhm..pretty hard to say, i guess i woul still prefere bala property cuz it increases chances to stay alive badly.
Talking about yumis, even somthing like 2x hit spells would be cool (according to the situation ofc) for an additional dmg ;if u're lucky enough it can be even 6x dmg in row, i mean, if u can spamm dbl shot or almost so...u really see a dmg festival; in top of that....consider when u achieve perfection :p
atm running just 150+ dex; i preferred to pump the hit points too covering partially the gap due to the lack of an high chiva and no ress spell, with the hope of staying alive a bit longer :p

Surely not thebest but...lol funny as hell.