• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Frostwood!

R

Rider1000

Hi guys! I just gm'd my lumberjacking tonight, and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what trees to chop for frostwood.

I plan on using frostwood to supplement my vesper museum donations.

Any help would be wonderful. Thanks!

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's all random. There isn't a tree type that has frostwood more often than another tree.

G

gmcbroom

My suggestion....start chopping..seriously. Since its random the more trees you hit the better your chances.
I Hope you live in a forest.

R

Rider1000

Man, I've been chopping forever, and no frostwood.

Tons of everything else though. Arrgghh!! lol

5% Luck

I sugest only chopping cypress trees in fel. Not only do you get the fel bonus but the cypress trees tend to have alot more swings in them. Stay away from coasts or any edge part of the jungel as these trees tend to also have less.

As to frost being a goal... welll... Hears the news I chopped about 600,000 plain logs(fel) and not a single lick of frost untill I stoped keeping a record of it. Got some blood and heart bit no frost. Last week I found my 1st frostwood since the resource change 1300 logs! I think Ill keep it for a deco!

Z

Zodiac19

I've never chopped any frostwood and my jacker is older than the new woods. The only frost i've gotten is from an IDOC and the tree stump house addon.

R

Rider1000

My god, this is looking grim. Thanks for the info fellahs.

J

Jermosh

I found frostwood about 5mins after my 99.99 point. But then none since.