Hello!

Welcome to the Stratics community! Ready to talk games? Register today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. A Thank You to Our Community Members

Hail Guest!

A Special Thank You Notice has been posted you may read about it HERE!

3. Forum Issues

Hail Guest!
    There is currently an issue causing double postings on the Forums, we have been looking into this and want you all to know if you receive a "Service Unavailable" popup your posting went through, you do not need to click Submit once again.

4. EMERGENCY FORUM MAINTENANCE NOTICE

Hail Guest! Please read this Post concerning Emergency Forum Maintenance, which will be occurring on 11/22 beginning at 9pm EST. At that time the Stratics Forums will be brought off line and will return to service once the Maintenance is completed. At this time we can not give a definitive time frame as to when they will be reactivated. More information will be posted as it becomes available. We also wish to apologize for not allowing members to dismiss this notice, but wished for all forum users to be notified in a timely manner.

Mage Frost Weak Aura Set Up.

Discussion in 'WoW Class Discussions' started by Metro, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Metro

Metro WoW Staff Writer | WoW Moderator Staff Moderator

Recently decided to take the liberty of helping players learn a class better with the tools they have around them.
    Many players don't understand this addon, or just how incredibly powerful it may be, so look at this as a sort of series where I go through as many specs as I am familiar with and show off the weak aura set up I have for them.
    The goal will be to explain and show you guys how you can maximize toons you never even play to a level acceptable for the highest content in the game!

The full article can be found at: http://wow.stratics.com/guides/play-like-a-pro-frost-mage-weak-aura-information/

Within the article you will find detailed examples and the import string for each specific aura. Simply copy/paste from the pastebin output and put it in the Import section of Weak Auras in game, and you will have it exactly on the screen where I have it as well.

Here is a static version of what you can expect with the set up:
    [​IMG]

You can see a moving version of the UI here:
  2. Gummer

Gummer Visitor

Hey Metro! It's Gummer from Perception (spanish world 12th 10 man guild). Just wanted to thank you for mentioning my blog when showing the Weak Auras setup I made for Frost Mage. Hope it helps people enjoying their class also through your site! Please feel free to send me any questions regarding this or any of my other setups. I'll be more than happy to lend you a hand. Regards.

Gummer
  3. Metro

Oh damn man, thanks for stopping by. It was my pleasure to let everyone know that you were the mastermind behind the set up. Quite a well designed piece of work, and I am proud to show it off in your honor. Enjoy!
    Taylor likes this.
  4. feddeh

feddeh Visitor

The first time i added the main priority string it worked fine but after a few minutes the frostfirebolt/frostbolt icons stopped working,stopped giving the order of next cast and went blank completely,is their any fix for this or did i just screw up?
  5. Metro

Not sure man, mine still works fine.
    I'm no expert either, so I wouldn't even know where to begin!