• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Frost Weak Aura Set Up.

Metro

WoW Staff Writer | WoW Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Recently decided to take the liberty of helping players learn a class better with the tools they have around them.
Many players don't understand this addon, or just how incredibly powerful it may be, so look at this as a sort of series where I go through as many specs as I am familiar with and show off the weak aura set up I have for them.
The goal will be to explain and show you guys how you can maximize toons you never even play to a level acceptable for the highest content in the game!

The full article can be found at: http://wow.stratics.com/guides/play-like-a-pro-frost-mage-weak-aura-information/

Within the article you will find detailed examples and the import string for each specific aura. Simply copy/paste from the pastebin output and put it in the Import section of Weak Auras in game, and you will have it exactly on the screen where I have it as well.

Here is a static version of what you can expect with the set up:

You can see a moving version of the UI here:

Gummer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey Metro! It's Gummer from Perception (spanish world 12th 10 man guild). Just wanted to thank you for mentioning my blog when showing the Weak Auras setup I made for Frost Mage. Hope it helps people enjoying their class also through your site! Please feel free to send me any questions regarding this or any of my other setups. I'll be more than happy to lend you a hand. Regards.

Gummer

Metro

Stratics Veteran
Oh damn man, thanks for stopping by. It was my pleasure to let everyone know that you were the mastermind behind the set up. Quite a well designed piece of work, and I am proud to show it off in your honor. Enjoy!

feddeh

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The first time i added the main priority string it worked fine but after a few minutes the frostfirebolt/frostbolt icons stopped working,stopped giving the order of next cast and went blank completely,is their any fix for this or did i just screw up?

Metro

Stratics Veteran
Not sure man, mine still works fine.
I'm no expert either, so I wouldn't even know where to begin!